Orisa needs a mega buff .Pls blizzard show her some love.

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 9 Next
08/02/2017 04:25 AMPosted by TROLLTORB
So after having a played orisa for 90+ hrs its clear to see that she needs a buff .Not only does her fortify feel like its not enough but her damage output is non-existant and i feel like this is why she is one of the most under represented heros in the game .Because she just hasnt got the damage output to make people feel happy playing her .I mean almost every other tank does more damage than orisa thats crazy .

and not only that when you get jumped on you have no way of escaping so you just die .I really hope you buff her soon blizzard because as she is its almost impossible to survive in comp play and if you do its because your own dps are better than the other teams .I dont want to see orisa mains go obsolete but at this rate i think blizzard makes it impossible for them to wanna keep playing her.

Have you tried hitting enemies with the primary fire? It helps

More seriously, the only "damage buff" that would make her feel better is a buff to projectile speed
Looking at your competitive profile, you have had exactly 7 minutes in Orisa. I fail to see 90+hours anywhere. If you do have a platinum account, please, share below. If you don't actually have a platinum account, then you're just a troll looking for attention.

Oh btw seeing how top 500 is around 4400 SR, i highly doubt you can play Torb and end up with 900 SR, Orisa and end with platinum SR, but Soldier with 4400 SR. If you truly are so good with soldier, the skill should carry to different heroes and get you out of the bronze league you are currently in. If you check IDDQD's bronze to GM video, you can see even though he plays Soldier, he can still single-handedly carry with Torbjorn. In the more likely scenario, you are simply exaggerating the 3600 SR difference. I.E. Lying.

And before you check my profile, yes, I hardly play Orisa. In the couple of minutes and games I played her, she felt completely fine. I play Reaper with over 140 hrs in him and I can tell you, Orisa is the second most annoying tank to deal with, after DVa.
Not a mega buff, no. some minor ones, or a tweak? yes.

Her problem is she's very reliant on good positioning, and teammate support.
If you play well, you won't die much at all, and you'll get picks on people by stopping someone from retreating, or pulling them off the edge.
seriously, halt is really strong.

Problem is,
If your teammates aren't healing you, or following up your ults/right clicks, she's near useless.

That, and she melts against flankers.

people have suggested making the resistance have a resource meter, that would be a good idea i feel, keeps her the same against sustained damage, while making it stronger against burst, which is what she struggles with.

Other suggestion would be to make her ult more consistent.

Either give it a bit more HP, or lower it's charge time. it takes ages to charge it right now, and it's very easy to destroy, if you aren't careful.
I think she needs something to be a proper Doomfist counter. Right now he can bait out her Fortify and in that time he can Rocket Punch another 3 times before Fortify is off cooldown again, as well as Uppercutting to knock her out of position.

I think there should be at least one tank that is strong against Doomfist, because he is very strong at breaking through defences and knocking tanks out of position.

I propose that Fortify has half the duration, 2 charges and a 5-6 second recharge time. It still gives her the potential of being outplayed but gives her more of a window to react to flankers and knockbacks. I'd maybe reduce the Ult charge required by 9% to match the damage nerf she had.

There's also been the suggestion of negating headshots while Fortified, but having two charges of Fortify might make that a bit extreme.
08/03/2017 12:15 AMPosted by Senomar
Seems like the only thing you need to hear is "git gud".

So git gud scrub and stop complaining about a pick you don't want to master. Blizzard won't buff a hero for you reaching to use it properly and in good conditions.

Hoo, and please mp me when you'll be in top500 with your soldier.

Blizzard will buff the hero trust me because she is in a horrible spot atm and it isnt about getting good the worlds rank 1 soldier proved that on youtube when he was smurfing in gold league doing a tutorial and told everyone it was incredibly hard to carry in overwatch and he actually lost that game so yeh your git good means nothing in overwatch people like sniperwolf literally get carried to top 500 by people so rank means absolutly nothing in this game .
Guys, he doesn't even have an hour on Orisa... check his stats
08/03/2017 01:40 AMPosted by LockerNo2
Oh and also, all tanks have a way to escape? Hello? Roadhog? Zarya? And in what world do you play in where Reinhardts have charges ready, and use them to flee from the battle? Do you even Reinhardt? Heck, do you even Overwatch dude?

Play orisa for 90+ hrs and see if you have a way to escape when you get jumped on and record it pls i wanna see what your magical method of escape is lol.
Nah she's fine. I've enjoyed her immensely since she was released.

Shoot... I thought the buff to her barrier was too much at first, and instead thought that a 10sec cooldown would've been better (I've since adjusted and come around to like the new shield ha)

But seriously... her damage is FINE. If people are right up on you and you're shooting at their head, they're going to drop like a sack of a dead rabbits. If it's doom fist, you halt him back and stay behind your shield.

I mean if you really have 90hrs with her I know I don't need to be telling you this... but I think she's a beast. Especially if you play her on defense.
08/03/2017 07:59 AMPosted by Ornery
Nah she's fine. I've enjoyed her immensely since she was released.

Shoot... I thought the buff to her barrier was too much at first, and instead thought that a 10sec cooldown would've been better (I've since adjusted and come around to like the new shield ha)

But seriously... her damage is FINE. If people are right up on you and you're shooting at their head, they're going to drop like a sack of a dead rabbits. If it's doom fist, you halt him back and stay behind your shield.

I mean if you really have 90hrs with her I know I don't need to be telling you this... but I think she's a beast. Especially if you play her on defense.

Her damage is not fine and alot of gms and master players agree with me .
So... No way to escape... Halt enemies away from yourself. You don't escape them, you shove them away from you.

Shield being destroyed... Only if I shove it in the open, if I angle it or place it around corners it stays up more than long enough for it to be off cooldown and ready to recast.

Can't counter Doomfist... She can't? I've never lost to a Doomfist unless he had backup. Shield negates his range, Fortify his close up and if your aim is at all decent in the time he attacked, gets yanked back by Halt and is ready to attack again he's dead.

There is literally only three things I would like to see on Orisa:

Some type of speed or mobility passive. Like the Gallop idea tossed about. I don't care that she's slow in combat, but I hate how long it takes to get back in the fight when you go down.

HP Boost: Just a slight one, but I don't really approve of any Tank being able to be one shot by Scatter arrow. Wierdly enough I don't actually mind her HP where it is except for that, so if Scatter was reduced from 450 to say 375 or so...

Fortify slight increase: I find issue that you activate what is supposed to be this massive defensive ability and if the enemy can head shot it doesn't matter. So something affecting Critical Rates during Fortify.

That said, I will continue to play her and am having fun with the character. Even if those slight improvements I'd like never show up.
I played as her in one of the comp matches we won.
She has great firepower, as long as you manage to hit.
Against a flying Pharah she is useless, her shots spread so much.

Her barrier is alright.
Her fortify is the only thing that could use a buff. It stops a few ults though, so I guess it's better to save that ability for when ults happen.

Her whatever that ability is called can be really nice, pulling enemies who are trying to get away back into your sight. If the enemy is at 10% hp, then you should pull them back ad defeat them.
08/02/2017 05:02 AMPosted by MouseRat
i think she has the least health , least dmg , least mobility, pretty pointless ult of all the tanks , no idea why anyone would even consider playing orisa.

Shields an average of 22% more than reinhardt.

Is the only tank with range and has no falloff

Useful cc ability
08/03/2017 08:40 AMPosted by InarisWhimsy
So... No way to escape... Halt enemies away from yourself. You don't escape them, you shove them away from you.

Shield being destroyed... Only if I shove it in the open, if I angle it or place it around corners it stays up more than long enough for it to be off cooldown and ready to recast.

Can't counter Doomfist... She can't? I've never lost to a Doomfist unless he had backup. Shield negates his range, Fortify his close up and if your aim is at all decent in the time he attacked, gets yanked back by Halt and is ready to attack again he's dead.

There is literally only two things I would like to see on Orisa:

Some type of speed or mobility passive. Like the Gallop idea tossed about. I don't care that she's slow in combat, but I hate how long it takes to get back in the fight when you go down.

HP Boost: Just a slight one, but I don't really approve of any Tank being able to be one shot by Scatter arrow. Wierdly enough I don't actually mind her HP where it is except for that, so if Scatter was reduced from 450 to say 375 or so...

Fortify slight increase: I find issue that you activate what is supposed to be this massive defensive ability and if the enemy can head shot it doesn't matter. So something affecting Critical Rates during Fortify.

That said, I will continue to play her and am having fun with the character. Even if those slight improvements I'd like never show up.

Try halting genji or tracer away they just come right back .
the only buff she needs is a reduction in her head hitbox size, it's laughably large. I've had WMs dome me over the top of my shield when clearly their reticle wasn't on my head, same with Hanzo.
08/03/2017 09:09 AMPosted by TROLLTORB

Yeah, but you can pre-fire where they're going to land when Halt! explodes, so they eat a face full of critical hit death and are forced to go away, rather than stick around and keep trying to kill you. Dealing with a single flank/dive hero with Orisa is easy.
08/03/2017 09:25 AMPosted by hensoldt
08/03/2017 09:09 AMPosted by TROLLTORB

Yeah, but you can pre-fire where they're going to land when Halt! explodes, so they eat a face full of critical hit death and are forced to go away, rather than stick around and keep trying to kill you. Dealing with a single flank/dive hero with Orisa is easy.

Genjis critbox is incredible small that coupled with genjis deflect and orisas slow fire rate makes it impossible to kill genji .Trust me i have 90hr on the hero maybe 20% of the time i kill genji and the 80% he kills me hence why orisa is very underepresented in the game because she dies so easily to everything and her damage is god aweful .
08/02/2017 04:25 AMPosted by TROLLTORB
So after having a played orisa for 90+ hrs its clear to see that she needs a buff .Not only does her fortify feel like its not enough but her damage output is non-existant and i feel like this is why she is one of the most under represented heros in the game .Because she just hasnt got the damage output to make people feel happy playing her .I mean almost every other tank does more damage than orisa thats crazy .

and not only that when you get jumped on you have no way of escaping so you just die .I really hope you buff her soon blizzard because as she is its almost impossible to survive in comp play and if you do its because your own dps are better than the other teams .I dont want to see orisa mains go obsolete but at this rate i think blizzard makes it impossible for them to wanna keep playing her.

We don't think she needs a mega buff. We are experimenting with some minor improvements though. Apologies for no details -- we're trying a few things right now and not all of them are going to stick. Overall, we feel like she's not far off but not quite in the ideal spot yet.
08/03/2017 09:44 AMPosted by TROLLTORB

Genjis critbox is incredible small that coupled with genjis deflect and orisas slow fire rate makes it impossible to kill genji .Trust me i have 90hr on the hero maybe 20% of the time i kill genji and the 80% he kills me hence why orisa is very underepresented in the game because she dies so easily to everything and her damage is god aweful .

I am by no stretch of definition a well-experienced Orisa, but I have had very little issue flattening Genji or Tracer in a game when I pick her (comp or quick play). The problem Orisa has is that she's easily overwhelmed because of her weapon's travel time; like I said, one flank hero is no problem for Orisa, but two is tough.