Is Overwatch Actually Dying?

General Discussion
08/07/2017 10:10 AMPosted by HappyFeet
Idk about dying, but I feel the playerbase has taken a decline if queue times are anything to go by

As you play the game you tend to get better.

The better you are the longer queue times become.
It is not dying. These people are overdramatic and throwing temper tantrums.
08/07/2017 10:14 AMPosted by Azrael
08/07/2017 10:10 AMPosted by HappyFeet
Idk about dying, but I feel the playerbase has taken a decline if queue times are anything to go by

As you play the game you tend to get better.

The better you are the longer queue times become.
my qp queue is around plat, the most populated area, but it takes me a minute at least to find a game
I have no bias towards either stance but some of the complaints of the overwatch is dying club are about the dive meta being superior. But as shown in the world cup 2017, the dive meta isn't the most powerful. I am not a pro player so this is just based on my own observations so I can be wrong about this.
Yes it's dying.
No, it's not dying just because few streamers or YouTubers left.
IMO, the game is still pretty new and I'd rather a live game, than what some other FPS games are doing and still counting OB57, w/e pala... *cough cough* that FPS game is up to now..

in terms of game longevity, 5 seasons of comp play is a drop in the hat man..
I have more fun argueing on the forums than playing the game.
the vocal minority is of course louder than the quiet majority
08/07/2017 10:55 AMPosted by EdgiestName
I have more fun argueing on the forums than playing the game.

@blizz mods, my favorite forums have been and will always be Moonguard/WrA forums.

if there are any groups of ppl to teach you never to take yourself too seriously, it would be those people
Not many in my friends list still playing consistently on ps4. Big reduction from season 3. Not scientific but probably accurate.
My friends IRL do not play the game since s3, one of the reasons they gave me to not play again was the nosense of the placement matches. And i agree with them.

Why we have to do placement if they will be useless and frustrating?

Also, last month during the anniversary sale a couple of friends of a friend bought the game. After two days of insane toxicity in their games they decided to stop playing.

For me OW is more than dead, no friends, no fun, insane enviroment... what a pity!

Edit: im still posting in the forums to see if we as a community can influence a bit the dev team to make changes in the game and try to resurrect it with a big announcement.
it is dying

hello forum mod stalker, get a life
No, no useful data has been released.

Though its been a year and a half, so it would be expected that quite a few people have left and/or are on a break or have switched to pubg.

Lucky for blizz, both destiny 2 and battlefront 2 screwed up, else I think there would be even less people playing right now.

I dont think its dead though.
It will the way they're running it.
i did not read the thread just responding to OP
it's not dying it's simply going in to it's default a point where the game is no longer growing and the player who were simply looking for the shiny new thing are leaving thought why it's been "dying" for so long my theory is the events where new player and returning keep the default in flux
[quote="207578396081"]it is dying

hello forum mod stalker, get a life[/quote
What in the h e double hockey sticks are you doing necro'ing this crud? Either you've insanely scrolled through so many pages, or you forgot to notice the date located directly to the right of your Google search results...
I feel it has hit a slowdown. I mean, it has sold 35 million copies. It will continue to get new players, but not a lot, since there's not many people that have interest in the game. Same can be said about any other game, and future games gaining popularity like PUBG, Destiny 2, e.t.c
No. Look at TF2, a year of nothing new and still there was a community there to keep the game alive. As long as Overwatch has content creators, it is far from dead.