comp season 5 has been the worst season yet

Competitive Discussion
Aight Jeff idk why you decided to make hog the worst character in game and let dive be the meta for all of season 5 but it has ruined the game for me tbh. Also Doomfist is out now and is the most overpowered character I have ever seen. One last thing the report system is garbage, I have never had more trolls, leavers, ragers, or people who just don't care then I have this season. This game is currently at an all time low. This is coming from a masters player btw, It is impossible to climb unless you get super lucky. The ranked matchmaking system needs to change and the report system needs to be stronger. I hope you address these issues Blizzard.
The Hog nerf was well needed.

The "dive" meta wasn't something that resulted from nerfs or buffs. The characters were that way well before Season 5.

Doomfist can be easily worked around if you hug corners, terrain, or objects. Or call out his position to your teammates.
If they don't reset the sr and decide that it's a good idea to have placement matches, I'm done with this game. There's no point. It's not going to be a popular eport hell it's a joke to even consider it an esport with how it currently is. It's a joke. Such a shame because game had huge potential.

Overwatch will be the game people look back on that COULD have been, but the employees messed it up. I hope Blizzard's stock takes a hit because of their decisions.

At least tank meta required teams to stick together. Everyone and their mom thinks they are dps now.
I dont think Hog nerf was needed, he only needs some adjustments.
the worst thing now with hog is he have inconsistent damage, sometimes you kills healers, sometimes not.

they must adjust hog damage output a little, making road shot a "rock", so he will do the same damage everytime, not from 50 to 210 damage depending on week day.
Good season, climbed to Diamond for the first time, been having fewer leavers and trolls than in last season and overall I like the current gameplay style more than before.

I'm fairly sure that the dive meta is just a natural evolution of the game.. We'd eventually arrived to it even in spite of most nerfs that have happened. These nerfs just hastened the process up. In almost any game, mobility - no matter how huge the drawbacks - eventually starts to dominate when the game knowledge increases across the playerbase.

I also think the dive is much more interesting to both watch and to play than the triple tank thing ever was. The Rein-Roadhog-D.Va thing was just boring and repetitive.

Right now, a lot of hero picks work that didn't work before and right now, there's a lot of versatility to high tier games. If you've watched any recent tournament games, there's a lot of different comps going on. Last autumn, in DPS heroes, it was just S:76 with some occasional Tracer. Now it's S:76, Tracer, Genji, McCree, Pharah all seeing gameplay. Tanks have done a little worse, but we still have tanks played. Now it's Winston, D.Va, Zarya, before it was Rein, Roadhog and D.va. Supports are doing great - for the first time like ever, Lucio is at under 100% pickrate and Mercy is actually doable.

Overall, things have only improved. If there's one thing that does stay constant though, it's the amount of people telling of each season that it is the worst.
08/08/2017 02:07 AMPosted by Skittles
If they don't reset the sr and decide that it's a good idea to have placement matches, I'm done with this game. There's no point. It's not going to be a popular eport hell it's a joke to even consider it an esport with how it currently is. It's a joke. Such a shame because game had huge potential.

Overwatch will be the game people look back on that COULD have been, but the employees messed it up. I hope Blizzard's stock takes a hit because of their decisions.

At least tank meta required teams to stick together. Everyone and their mom thinks they are dps now.

What a big baby, where is your bottle, someone please get this baby his bottle.

It's the same thing different season, calm down. You scrubs make it seem like its blizzards fault you guys suck at this game. It's an infestation of bad players thinking they're good that creates toxic games.
Idk how someone can make the correct point of hog being nerfed = bad but then in the same sentence claim that Dive is dominating low-Diamond. Only on this forum can people make correct points of view look erroneous.
Roadhog should just revert back to his combo, and just nerf his cooldown to 10 seconds. At least make the decision to try and go for hook or not. But if you land it, your rewarded for it.

How they release a new hero for a 1shot and nerf a hero who wasn't even top tier is just beyond dumb. Winston/Dva were still outplaying Roadhog before he was nerf...yet they nerf RH? Why?

It's a knee jerk reaction. It completely ruins this game for me going forward that Blizzard is nerfing characters based on casuals rather than high level. Again he wasnt even the most picked in high level play nor with the best win%, and he is nerfed? I doubt anyone on the dev team are any better than platinum so i feel like he was nerf because someone with clout was tilted because they kept getting owned. Or an even likelier scenario is that he would of put Doomfist in his place so they nerfed RH to allow Doomfist to shine.
08/08/2017 02:07 AMPosted by Skittles

This is what I never got. They want this game as an e-sports and comp mode uses seasons just like pro sports ie. hockey, football. And guess what? All their stats get reset every season. You don't see Rodgers starting the season with 40 TDs. His stats are reset. There is literally no point to seasons if the only difference is your placement matches are to have you lose 100-300 SR from where you ended. Resetting should happen but make the seasons maybe a month longer then or do at least every other season to reset.
08/08/2017 01:32 AMPosted by rowmo
One last thing the report system is garbage, I have never had more trolls, leavers, ragers, or people who just don't care then I have this season. This game is currently at an all time low. This is coming from a masters player btw, It is impossible to climb unless you get super lucky. The ranked matchmaking system needs to change and the report system needs to be stronger. I hope you address these issues Blizzard.

Totally agreed.