Pilot DVa

General Discussion
08/10/2017 01:52 PMPosted by Stone76
Out of mech d.va is very useful.

That pistol is amazing and the entire idea of a second life is phenomenal.

You just can't play d.va.

No she's not. I'm sure your team would prefer having another DPS that can't even outdamage Mercy over DM. She is extremely useless. She doesn't even have one ability. She has no team fighting utility she can't take high ground and shut down other DPS heroes and she just can't peel for her team.
no one else has the luxury of having a second life in game, she should be weak, and if you get your mech back, good on you
She should have brief invincibility when she ejects so she doesn't get instantly killed mid-air before she even gets a chance to move or do anything. This happens too often and all it does is give the enemy team 150 free ult charge and make D.Va's "second life" absolutely worthless.

She should also get a "combat roll" ability where she covers a short distance and passes through any enemies that are in her way. This will stop enemy teams body-blocking her and keeping her alive to stagger the team's respawns. I've seen this in pro matches where they literally surround pilot D.Va and don't let her move. It's sad and pathetic. It's time that D.Va stops having so many disadvantages built into her design.

Remember that her huge nerf was more than half a year ago, and so many other heroes have been buffed since then. D.Va is going to need substantial buffs sometime soon.
08/10/2017 01:59 PMPosted by Maximuffin2
no one else has the luxury of having a second life in game, she should be weak, and if you get your mech back, good on you

Yeah she should be weak but not to the point that you can just not respect her anymore. The other team should at least want to kill her instead of delaying her respawn. And it's more of a half life if we're being honest. She's not a hero when out of her mech. Heroes have abilities.
08/10/2017 11:44 AMPosted by Theroyalpunk
she is suppose to be weak out of mech.

That is the reason why DVa has a second life. So you can try it again. Nevertheless, one must say that this second life sometimes causes more evil than good.

First, you lose your Mech and you can be delayed by the opponents. The first would be no problem if DVa Mech would not consist of paper.

What can you do?

Either DVa gets her old armor back or she need a better hand gun. The fire rate and the damage are ok, which could be better would be the speed of the projectiles.

OR

rework DVa. Because 90% of her power is only in the DM, her remaining kit is ridiculous. The damage is weak and she can not survive a long time if she does not always have a healer.
Have you tried to CTRL+A+D+JUMP at the same time very quick?.

Nothing is more frustrating that trying to kill her doing that.

(I give nightmare to even Mcree players)
I would nerf DM and buff her pilot form, giving her a little movility skill on shift and an alt fire (charge the pistol to fire a "strong" shot?). I think this would make her more fun to play both as her and against her.
08/10/2017 02:07 PMPosted by Tensor
08/10/2017 01:59 PMPosted by Maximuffin2

Yeah she should be weak but not to the point that you can just not respect her anymore. The other team should at least want to kill her instead of delaying her respawn. And it's more of a half life if we're being honest. She's not a hero when out of her mech. Heroes have abilities.

Plus her mech is also weak. She has two weak forms. I've posted about this before, but D.Va has way too many "cons" for the amount of "pros" she has. Anything good about her design, she pays for in more ways than one.
08/10/2017 02:06 PMPosted by Kwannon
She should have brief invincibility when she ejects so she doesn't get instantly killed mid-air before she even gets a chance to move or do anything. This happens too often and all it does is give the enemy team 150 free ult charge and make D.Va's "second life" absolutely worthless.

She should also get a "combat roll" ability where she covers a short distance and passes through any enemies that are in her way. This will stop enemy teams body-blocking her and keeping her alive to stagger the team's respawns. I've seen this in pro matches where they literally surround pilot D.Va and don't let her move. It's sad and pathetic. It's time that D.Va stops having so many disadvantages built into her design.

Remember that her huge nerf was more than half a year ago, and so many other heroes have been buffed since then. D.Va is going to need substantial buffs sometime soon.

I think a temporary shield (the dark blue one) and immunity to CC is much better than invulnerability. I don't know about the roll. She can talent into it in Heroes of the Storm and it can allow her to escape but I don't know if escaping is that useful for this game because unlike that game death timers are short and you still need to build your mech up again. I guess you can kill yourself faster?
08/10/2017 02:10 PMPosted by Demian
I would nerf DM and buff her pilot form, giving her a little movility skill on shift and an alt fire (charge the pistol to fire a "strong" shot?). I think this would make her more fun to play both as her and against her.

I wouldn't be so quick to nerf DM right away. I want to see how Doomfist changes things up first. Plus soon enough Roadhog will be over buffed. I do want something more to her pilot kit than just shooting. I want her pilot form to not be get your mech back but rather be an actual hero that you play.

Yes, but it's not supposed to be exploited by the enemy. Basically D.Va's pilot form is a free 10+ seconds stagger. It's disgusting and it's happening all the times. I really wonder why they will finally address it.
08/10/2017 02:23 PMPosted by Angel

Yes, but it's not supposed to be exploited by the enemy. Basically D.Va's pilot form is a free 10+ seconds stagger. It's disgusting and it's happening all the times. I really wonder why they will finally address it.

I don't know if the devs think it's ok. But it's certainly not fun for the DVa. If you're a casual watching a pro game it looks a lot like BM.
I know people are going to disagree with me.. but pilot dva is actually a punishment. DVA's best quality is defense matrix by far, and every second you don't have matrix you are risking a team wipe. The only good thing about it is how well she stalls payloads because of the small hitbox.
I find pilot D.Va great for when I've sacrificed my mech to nullify a surprise McCree or Pharah ult or something, so I can still have some presence on the battlefield. If you play it careful and shoot well, you can help confirm the elims on all the low health opponents that might sneak away, while they're all too busy dealing with the rest of your team to pick out the tiny D.Va.
Pilot D.VA should not be touched she's fine, she's not supposed to be strong when out of her mech, it's like a second life. I play a lot of DVA she's my most played hero and if I go charging into the enemy and get my mech destroyed in seconds I deserved to be reked for making that mistake. You're lucky if you survive and you get mech back so quickly.
08/10/2017 01:57 PMPosted by Tensor
08/10/2017 01:52 PMPosted by Stone76
Out of mech d.va is very useful.

That pistol is amazing and the entire idea of a second life is phenomenal.

You just can't play d.va.

No she's not. I'm sure your team would prefer having another DPS that can't even outdamage Mercy over DM. She is extremely useless. She doesn't even have one ability. She has no team fighting utility she can't take high ground and shut down other DPS heroes and she just can't peel for her team.

You clearly don't understand how good that pistol is.

You also clearly just have something against D.va. Baby D.va is not useless, you just cannot play D.va correctly. Accept that.

If you actually knew how to play Baby D.va, you would be getting many kills.

Your post has gotten many dislikes for a reason. You are wrong.
No, leave pilot Dva alone, shes fine in that form. Pilot dva is SUPPOSE to be punishment for losing your mech, with no abilities but to shoot and charge your ult and regain your meka back. Why should you be rewarded with other abilities if you lose the main one that has the abilities.
I've put in work as pilot though. Yes sometimes I will leave a D. Va demeched and then try to kill her when she gets back into it. But that's because mech is more dangerous, not because pilot is bad.
Pilot D.Va sure has her uses, and her ult is filling up really fast.
It's a common strategy to hold back from jumping back into the mech as soon as it is available, if the situation allows for it, so you can dish out more damage.
It's just fine as it is.

You can't compare a fine hero's "2nd life" with DPS heroes.
That's beyond stupid.
Sometimes i kill my mech on purpose just to play pistol d'va. But for serious players, her pilot mode doesn't need any rework. Her mech already makes her a full tank. If you had to kill a tank, then immediatley deal with a DPS or such, it would be pretty unbalanced. She is supposed to be squishy and easily killable.