hanzo+widow are in literally every qp game now

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 23 Next
Because tanks just aren't as fun to play when your team isn't backing you up. People in qp just seem to have said screw it and are lone-wolfing it. That's another problem with widow, her kit discourages team play, she literally just stays by herself and this is why in qp so many widows are just bad and refuse to swith. They think it's call of duty or something, like team play doesn't matter at all.
08/10/2017 07:56 AMPosted by Daggoth1408
People need to get a serious grip. QP is a more relaxed game mode, so why give people !@#$ for playing what they want. If you are so hell bent on "meta" picks than play ranked. Snipers get the most %^-* out of everyone in the community ranging from false raged induced reports to life threats. QP is a place for people to play snipers because they cant do it anywhere else without the community gets to toxic that it makes an atomic bomb seem like nothing.

Uuugh read page 1 carefully before posting.....

Not just the title mate.
08/10/2017 06:32 AMPosted by Steeb

this is honestly ruining my enjoyment of the game

Is it because they aren't fun to play against or are the ones on your team bad? Either way how's your enjoyment affected? You can pick a hero you think is fun and play right? Or is your enjoyment based on wins and losses only?
08/10/2017 06:41 AMPosted by GrantMan
It's been like that forever? You WILL have a shimada bro on your team, possibly both, and the new Widow skin is getting all the horny teenage boys to play her more.

Nerf Widow's skirt!!!
08/10/2017 08:00 AMPosted by Mofojokers
People need to get a serious grip. QP is a more relaxed game mode, so why give people !@#$ for playing what they want. If you are so hell bent on "meta" picks than play ranked. Snipers get the most %^-* out of everyone in the community ranging from false raged induced reports to life threats. QP is a place for people to play snipers because they cant do it anywhere else without the community gets to toxic that it makes an atomic bomb seem like nothing.

Not just the title mate.
i was refering to what the OP was saying, and talking about the community as a whole. Not just the people who posted in the thread. So i read all that i needed for my answer, you should probably think about what i said before pointing fingers at me.
08/10/2017 06:32 AMPosted by Steeb
I don't know what happened but these two are consistently on my team in what feels like 9/10ths of my qp games

i can deal with one of these guys on my team but both of them are everywhere now

this is honestly ruining my enjoyment of the game
If its ruining your enjoyment of the game, how do you think the snipers feel about all the !@#$ they get in the game from both the community and even the blizzard devs themselves. You dont think that getting reported for simply playing a hero they like, or getting told to go kill themselves is fun for them?

did you ever saw Arcade and Custom Games.

There are even custom games DEDICATED to practicing aim.
It makes sense... a lot of people are not good with 'snipers' so they would be 2 hero's that a lot of people are eager to practice on... myself included
Sometimes men like to wear stretchy pants....... It's for fun...
08/10/2017 08:14 AMPosted by Daggoth1408
08/10/2017 08:00 AMPosted by Mofojokers

Not just the title mate.
i was refering to what the OP was saying, and talking about the community as a whole. Not just the people who posted in the thread. So i read all that i needed for my answer, you should probably think about what i said before pointing fingers at me.

If your only talking about OP then you must make it clear as you post. Because you didn't quote him it means your post is to all.

Again i think the issues are not against the snipers themselves. But the fact people will still choose them even with multiple dps selected. Especially when very few even work as a team.

Uuugh don't wanna repeat myself lol.

You read my front page post you understand where i am comming from.
What I do when the team insta-locks double sniper & quad DPS is pick Zenyatta.

Then, at the inevitable defeat screen, I wonder out loud in team chat how come I have gold damage when I'm the only support in a team with 5 DPS.

Makes me feel better.
08/10/2017 08:17 AMPosted by Andromeda

did you ever saw Arcade and Custom Games.

There are even custom games DEDICATED to practicing aim.
First of all your grammer needs some work lol. Second of all QP is another mode that people can see how much their aim has improved. Besides yes their are things that help you practice aim, but some people want to see how their practice adds up to an actual match not geared specifically for aim practicing.
08/10/2017 08:24 AMPosted by Zadkiel
What I do when the team insta-locks double sniper & quad DPS is pick Zenyatta.

Then, at the inevitable defeat screen, I wonder out loud in team chat how come I have gold damage when I'm the only support in a team with 5 DPS.

Makes me feel better.

Ever come across those players that think Zen can solo heal an entire team?.

Nothing worse than having a dps go "your a **** healer you can't even keep us up".....

You just sit there going so this is QP now...........

Actually a very depressing feeling.
08/10/2017 08:20 AMPosted by Mofojokers
08/10/2017 08:14 AMPosted by Daggoth1408
...i was refering to what the OP was saying, and talking about the community as a whole. Not just the people who posted in the thread. So i read all that i needed for my answer, you should probably think about what i said before pointing fingers at me.

If your only talking about OP then you must make it clear as you post. Because you didn't quote him it means your post is to all.

Again i think the issues are not against the snipers themselves. But the fact people will still choose them even with multiple dps selected. Especially when very few even work as a team.

I also said i was refering to the community as a whole, so not just focused on the OP. I dont wanna repeat myself either. The issues about choosing dps when multiple dps have already been chosen has always been an issue. Even if it wasnt people picking snipers. So its nothing new that people pick dps when their are multiple dps.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I also said i was refering to the community as a whole, so not just focused on the OP. I dont wanna repeat myself either. The issues about choosing dps when multiple dps have already been chosen has always been an issue. Even if it wasnt people picking snipers. So its nothing new that people pick dps when their are multiple dps.

Yes it is something that has been around for a long time. But the sheer number of people that would prefer to play Hanzo or Widow than work as a team is staggering.

If you already have a Hanzo on your team then consider using another hero than Widow......

The chances of a double or triple sniper team working out is almost 0. The times they do work it is normally from a terrible enemy team. Although yet to see it work at all myself.

Yet people tend to not care when it comes to these snipers they are in every dang QP match......

So much for team play in a team game.... thanks cod players.
It's better quickplay than in comp.
As a healer main, I usually play dps nowadays because I'm too frustrated with how piss poor the coordination is in qp (that and dps are generally more fun). Hell, I went on a tirade last night when a four stack started throwing because the other rando and I wouldn't heal for them. I'm thinking it has a lot to do with the fact that healers and tanks only really take up about 1/3 of the cast, when in a proper team comp they should take up 2/3 of the team. It's only natural at this point that almost everyone plays dps, I suppose.
For me it is Hanzo, Genji and Doomfist in every match. Gonna leave comp for this season. Tried to get back to at least 3k after i went down to 2,8k (from 3,6k) but nope.
Quick Play Hero Playtime from 8/2 - 8/9

Genji (by a long shot)
Doomfist
Hanzo
McCree
Soldier: 76
Mercy
Widowmaker
Junkrat
D.Va
Pharah
Tracer
Ana
Reaper
Lucio
Zenyatta
Torbjorn
Winston
Mei
Symmetra
Bastion
Sombra
Reinhardt
Zarya
Roadhog
Orisa

Overall, the playtime looks pretty smooth from one hero to the next with Genji being the only dramatic outlier. People really like to play Genji.
Highly Rated
08/10/2017 08:47 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
Quick Play Hero Playtime from 8/2 - 8/9

Genji (by a long shot)
Doomfist
Hanzo
McCree
Soldier: 76
Mercy
Widowmaker
Junkrat
D.Va
Pharah
Tracer
Ana
Reaper
Lucio
Zenyatta
Torbjorn
Winston
Mei
Symmetra
Bastion
Sombra
Reinhardt
Zarya
Roadhog
Orisa

Overall, the playtime looks pretty smooth from one hero to the next with Genji being the only dramatic outlier. People really like to play Genji.

I'm not too surprised that tanks are at the bottom for quickplay.