hanzo+widow are in literally every qp game now

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 23 Next
Doesn't the blues post .. prove the OP?? Widow and hanzo are in the top 6 most played , there's 6 picks per team.. so your most likely gonna have both
As a Widomaker main myself i want to ask whats wrong with people playing heroes?
08/10/2017 08:47 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

Overall, the playtime looks pretty smooth from one hero to the next with Genji being the only dramatic outlier. People really like to play Genji.

Maybe because Genji is the most spoiled character? Three passives, stupidly huge hit boxes on his ult and deflect, high damage on his RMB and his weird movement animations. Why aren't you nerfing this terrible hero again?
pretty funny that roadhog sees more play than orisa, and he was destroyed.

also only winston and d.va see moderate play among the tanks, no wonder 4 dps line ups are so common. also suggests people find support more fun than tanks.
Quick Play Hero Playtime from 8/2 - 8/9

Genji (by a long shot)
Doomfist
Hanzo
McCree
Soldier: 76
Mercy
Widowmaker
Junkrat
D.Va
Pharah
Tracer
Ana
Reaper
Lucio
Zenyatta
Torbjorn
Winston
Mei
Symmetra
Bastion
Sombra
Reinhardt
Zarya
Roadhog
Orisa

Overall, the playtime looks pretty smooth from one hero to the next with Genji being the only dramatic outlier. People really like to play Genji.

Hanzo and widowmaker are way too high on that list considering we have an attack and defense team.
Even after getting throwers in.......... the people harassing anyone who picks widow or hanzo and they throw tantrums and troll the team.

first off lets not act like a few throwers and so on is why you are down in low gold. I'm not judging for you for being bad at the game, that's fine. Everyone starts some where, I got called a failed masters last week by a 4k player. It's just perspective lol

Yet at least own up to it, don't start in with 5 different reasons, down to your placements. Come on now. It's also just sort eye rolling to read how some random junk team comp is fine and why does anyone ask for better balance when the player saying it is a low SR.
Being it only worked, due to the MMR/SR issues.

and I do NOT see people ranting, flaming and so on for a random or even double widow/hanzo pick in QP. I saying that as a level 950+ player with 5k QP rounds played, so I've played the game more than most.

I don't see ranting and raving.
I mostly see begging and pleading for someone, anyone to please switch to the one or two heroes the team needs to solve a problem. It's not even subjective issues either. It's clean A solves B but no one will do it. Two team based players can't cover tank, hitscan, support (x2 being we need two) all at the same time.

it's not helping that the match maker is going wider and wider now or that it throws MMR/SR at stacks for no other reason then they are in a stack. It's why you get gold stacks with maybe one 3k+ player on their team (but not in the stack) vs an all plat team for example. Then the DPS player can't get any kills even with 4 of them, being they don't have the skills needed due to the large SR gap that their stack can't make up for, being the team comp is still trash.

I honestly don't know how any of this gets fixed. The only saving grace right now is MYS heroes. Better team comps than QP or even comp in some cases being you can't pick your heroes. Mystery heroes, the game mode that can save Overwatch, being it doesn't let bad team players pick a bad team. That's a sad commentary for a game built from the ground up to be pure team work.
08/10/2017 08:54 AMPosted by Mofojokers

Jeff buddy is this just PC or consoles as well?.

Because buddy that doesn't look right at all. Especially because of the sheer lack of healers and tanks at all. Give us some percentage of picks and how many games this is from.
I'd like to know this as well, because I am just HMMing all over the place.

Genji (by a long shot)
Doomfist
Hanzo
McCree
Mercy
Widowmaker
Junkrat
D.Va
Pharah
Tracer
Ana
Reaper
Lucio
Zenyatta
Torbjorn
Winston
Mei
Symmetra
Bastion
Sombra
Reinhardt
Zarya
Roadhog
Orisa

this just kind of confirms what people have been saying, that genji plus hanzo are picked way too much in qp

widow is pretty high as well

thanks for taking the time to relay this information though I appreciate it
08/10/2017 08:52 AMPosted by Spectra
Since you're already here dropping stats, how about the same info for Competitive if you wouldn't mind? I'd be interested to see how the two compare.

Sure.

Competitive Play Hero Playtime from 8/2-8/9:

Mercy (by a HUGE long shot)
D.Va
Lucio
Genji
Winston
Ana
Zarya
Reinhardt
McCree
Zenyatta
Reaper
Doomfist
Pharah
Tracer
Hanzo
Junkrat
Mei
Symmetra
Widowmaker
Torbjorn
Roadhog
Orisa
Bastion
Sombra

Genji (by a long shot)
Doomfist
Hanzo
McCree
Mercy
Widowmaker
Junkrat
D.Va
Pharah
Tracer
Ana
Reaper
Lucio
Zenyatta
Torbjorn
Winston
Mei
Symmetra
Bastion
Sombra
Reinhardt
Zarya
Roadhog
Orisa

genji at the top? better buff him by increasing his attack speed after climbing walls and giving him an extra dragonblade attack, just to make sure he's not overpowered.
08/10/2017 08:57 AMPosted by OtherMaT

Maybe because Genji is the most spoiled character? Three passives, stupidly huge hit boxes on his ult and deflect, high damage on his RMB and his weird movement animations. Why aren't you nerfing this terrible hero again?
Because, if you nerf Genji, Tracer takes over and then you'll eventually need to nerf her, I say this as a Tracer player. Her and Genji are kinda a package deal.

I do agree with one thing though, Genji players drastically over exaggerate his skill required, hence why everyone and their freakin mother plays him in every mode.
08/10/2017 08:54 AMPosted by NerfHanamura
08/10/2017 06:37 AMPosted by Mofojokers
Unfortunately they are among the first insta locked.

Part of the reason i don't heal these teams anymore......

1. Hanzo
2. Genji
3. Widow
4. Doomfist

okay so they picked a character that most people are bad at... but you not healing is just petty.[/quote]

O no.... i should of said i tend to ask on mic what our plan is.

Comes back silent and insta 4 picks. So i refuse to play the heal b*tch to these people. Especially when no one will tank or side heal.....
08/10/2017 08:58 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
08/10/2017 08:52 AMPosted by Spectra
Since you're already here dropping stats, how about the same info for Competitive if you wouldn't mind? I'd be interested to see how the two compare.

Sure.

Competitive Play Hero Playtime from 8/2-8/9:

Mercy (by a HUGE long shot)
D.Va
Lucio
Genji
Winston
Ana
Zarya
Reinhardt
McCree
Zenyatta
Reaper
Doomfist
Pharah
Tracer
Hanzo
Junkrat
Mei
Symmetra
Widowmaker
Torbjorn
Roadhog
Orisa
Bastion
Sombra

I have a pretty random question for you. Will you be at the overwatch world cup tomorrow? I will be there. I wanted to come and think you in person.
The fact that 4 tanks are the last picked AND that top 12 consists of 2 heals only and 1 tank says a lot about the game's balance.

EDIT : Just saw competitive list, pretty standard for dive comp with mercy being an obvious SR boost pick. RIP Hog.

Surprised at sombra not being picked much in both QP/Comp
08/10/2017 08:48 AMPosted by Lilshark99

Genji (by a long shot)
Doomfist
Hanzo
McCree
Mercy
Widowmaker
Junkrat
D.Va
Pharah
Tracer
Ana
Reaper
Lucio
Zenyatta
Torbjorn
Winston
Mei
Symmetra
Bastion
Sombra
Reinhardt
Zarya
Roadhog
Orisa

I'm not too surprised that tanks are at the bottom for quickplay.
Minus a certain tank, who's mains cry about how 'weak' she is.

Genji (by a long shot)
Doomfist
Hanzo
McCree
Mercy
Widowmaker
Junkrat
D.Va
Pharah
Tracer
Ana
Reaper
Lucio
Zenyatta
Torbjorn
Winston
Mei
Symmetra
Bastion
Sombra
Reinhardt
Zarya
Roadhog
Orisa

My fav characters are at the bottom

Mei
Sombra
Roadhog
Orisa

I mean, the 'meme' about Genji fans/mains being the ones who never switch and spamming for healing regardless exists for a reason.

Apparently, here is another one reason.

I imagine the percentage being sort of big compared to the rest top 3. Over 40% pick rate for Genji and the rest of the pie to the rest of the cast?

Can you blame them? Currently Genji is probably the strongest character in the whole game with very few counters around. Once you master genji you can easily hit Diamond without much hassle and climb up rather easy.
08/10/2017 08:55 AMPosted by TJgalon
well you guys are taking info out of context once again, though to be fair, it not presented too. For all we know they have almost similar amount of play time, or swamping lower the play time of some.

Yeah Jeff comes in to counter OP.... yet gives a list with little info....

X games?
Hero percentages?
Anything but this wierd list...

For all we know the difference from one hero to another could be 11% or 0.1%.....