hanzo+widow are in literally every qp game now

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 23 Next
08/10/2017 08:58 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
08/10/2017 08:52 AMPosted by Spectra
Since you're already here dropping stats, how about the same info for Competitive if you wouldn't mind? I'd be interested to see how the two compare.

Sure.

Competitive Play Hero Playtime from 8/2-8/9:

Mercy (by a HUGE long shot)
D.Va
Lucio
Genji
Soldier: 76
Winston
Ana
Zarya
Reinhardt
McCree
Zenyatta
Reaper
Doomfist
Pharah
Tracer
Hanzo
Junkrat
Mei
Symmetra
Widowmaker
Torbjorn
Roadhog
Orisa
Bastion
Sombra

Sombra :,(
You guys dont conisder giving her some love?
Even if it means to nerf her Ult charge to balance things out.
08/10/2017 08:59 AMPosted by Ghostly
08/10/2017 08:57 AMPosted by OtherMaT
Maybe because Genji is the most spoiled character? Three passives, stupidly huge hit boxes on his ult and deflect, high damage on his RMB and his weird movement animations. Why aren't you nerfing this terrible hero again?
Because, if you nerf Genji, Tracer takes over and then you'll eventually need to nerf her, I say this as a Tracer player. Her and Genji are kinda a package deal.

I could do with some tracer nerfs
What happened to letting players play characters they want to play?

If you're thinking of setting more restrictions to QP, which I see QP as bad as it already is. It would kill overwatch even more.

You're probably playing the hero you want, so let them play what they want.
Just to add:

I'm not trying to make any points here. I am just sharing the information since you're having a discussion about what heroes you feel are in games right now. Obviously, what platform, region, skill rating, game mode etc. you're in has an influence on this as well.

Stack rankings are really misleading to look at if you're not careful. The stat here is "hero playtime" and literally one hero could have had one more second of playtime over another hero. That doesn't make someone better or worse, more OP etc. Personally, I usually look at dramatic outliers (I didn't give you guys all the info you'd need to do that here). Genji in QP and Mercy in Competitive were the only ones that I would consider "dramatic" -- and even that is a subjective feeling. I don't really think there is an issue with Genji in QP or Mercy in Comp even though they are outliers. But that's just my opinion.
one day sombra will see consistent play in comp. i believe.
Jeff, will we see any further enhancements to our own stat pages? Win Rates per Map for example, or Assault vs Defense.
08/10/2017 09:04 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
Just to add:

I'm not trying to make any points here. I am just sharing the information since you're having a discussion about what heroes you feel are in games right now. Obviously, what platform, region, skill rating, game mode etc. you're in has an influence on this as well.

Stack rankings are really misleading to look at if you're not careful. The stat here is "hero playtime" and literally one hero could have had one more second of playtime over another hero. That doesn't make someone better or worse, more OP etc. Personally, I usually look at dramatic outliers (I didn't give you guys all the info you'd need to do that here). Genji in QP and Mercy in Competitive were the only ones that I would consider "dramatic" -- and even that is a subjective feeling. I don't really think there is an issue with Genji in QP or Mercy in Comp even though they are outliers. But that's just my opinion.

I rather think the problem are the heroes at the bottom of the list (Tanks and Defense Heros).
08/10/2017 08:59 AMPosted by Ghostly
08/10/2017 08:57 AMPosted by OtherMaT
Maybe because Genji is the most spoiled character? Three passives, stupidly huge hit boxes on his ult and deflect, high damage on his RMB and his weird movement animations. Why aren't you nerfing this terrible hero again?
Because, if you nerf Genji, Tracer takes over and then you'll eventually need to nerf her, I say this as a Tracer player. Her and Genji are kinda a package deal.
This is the slippery slope I referred to, that was pertaining to Roadhog at the time. Astonishingly, I was right. After Roadhog was nerfed, people started focusing on other characters that 'need' nerfing.
08/10/2017 08:47 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
People really like to play Genji.

Because he's stupidly OP!
There is a reason why genji is in comp and QP one of the most picked heroes...
08/10/2017 08:58 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
08/10/2017 08:52 AMPosted by Spectra
Since you're already here dropping stats, how about the same info for Competitive if you wouldn't mind? I'd be interested to see how the two compare.

Sure.

Competitive Play Hero Playtime from 8/2-8/9:

Mercy (by a HUGE long shot)
D.Va
Lucio
Genji
Soldier: 76
Winston
Ana
Zarya
Reinhardt
McCree
Zenyatta
Reaper
Doomfist
Pharah
Tracer
Hanzo
Junkrat
Mei
Symmetra
Widowmaker
Torbjorn
Roadhog
Orisa
Bastion
Sombra

This is nice, but I bet there are significant differences between tiers, so not sure how much this info is worth. Too many topics are discussed without considering rank, including almost every buff and nerf post, even though it would be really relevant (in my opinion at least).
08/10/2017 09:04 AMPosted by Izanami

Next season. From me at least :3

Just to add:

How would you view that some of the placements for some heroes are so drastically different? QP would be more "what people enjoy" vs comp being " what players find effective"? For example.
08/10/2017 09:04 AMPosted by Izanami

She is being used a lot in the World Cup. Some pretty impressive play with her so far.
08/10/2017 09:06 AMPosted by VanillaCoke
This is nice, but I bet there are significant differences between tiers, so not sure how much this info is worth.

I couldn't agree more.
Just to add:

So Sombra isnt far off in terms of pickrate from lets say the middle place like Reonhardt and Zarya? Can you add percentages?
What baffles is that apparently according to the OW team that Orisa is in a good state and doesn't require a big buff yet she isn't played at all, and they have the stats to prove that. Clearly she under performs and countless of buff ideas have been made in the community yet non is being tried out.

Just shoot it on the PTR and see what it gives? For crying out loud man. Might aswell remove PTR since you don't use it for anything other than pre-playing a new hero or balance patches that nobody even asked for or thought about.

Makes me wonder why people even need to consider posting suggestions on the forums since it's always the same story, either no reply to it, or "We are looking into it/ We are considering it" yet 0 of them make it to the PTR ever.

Why?
08/10/2017 09:08 AMPosted by Joomzy
What baffles is that apparently according to the OW team that Orisa is in a good state and doesn't require a big buff yet she isn't played at all, and they have the stats to prove that. Clearly she under performs and countless of buff ideas have been made in the community yet non is being tried out.

Just shoot it on the PTR and see what it gives? For crying out loud man. Might aswell remove PTR since you don't use it for anything other than pre-playing a new hero or balance patches that nobody even asked for or thought about.

Makes me wonder why people even need to consider posting suggestions on the forums since it's always the same story, either no reply to it, or "We are looking into it/ We are considering it" yet 0 of them make it to the PTR ever.

Why?

I've already posted that we are experimenting with some Orisa changes. Perhaps you missed the post. With that said, I don't think she needs a big buff.
08/10/2017 09:05 AMPosted by Ara
<span class="truncated">...</span>Because, if you nerf Genji, Tracer takes over and then you'll eventually need to nerf her, I say this as a Tracer player. Her and Genji are kinda a package deal.
This is the slippery slope I referred to, that was pertaining to Roadhog at the time. Astonishingly, I was right. After Roadhog was nerfed, people started focusing on other characters that 'need' nerfing.
Thats how it goes after every character gets nerfed, Roadhog isn't special in that field, neither of them need to be nerfed, I can understand why people want Genji nerfed but I fully understand the impact that would have on other characters more specifically my own main, who already borders on the ledge into overpowered territory.

EDIT: OMG so many blue post from Jeff, we're being spoiled.
Just to add:

Buddy the issue also goes around the sheer lack of healers and tanks found in QP.

That list you pulled shows us nothing because you won't even tell us what platform it is from.

But i promise you PSN QP is a friggen joke buddy. We have no report system or anything.

Hard to have a healer
Hard to have a tank
Tonnes of leavers - Backfill isn't always right away ither.....
Now and then you get Tele death Syms and Troll Mei players that find it funny to mess their team.

I am telling ya QP is a joke atm bud. For a team player game OW sure friggen lacks it.

CoMP is not everything...... heck i feel to even practice a hero right you need to do it in comp.