hanzo+widow are in literally every qp game now

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 23 Next
08/10/2017 09:19 AMPosted by idSurge
Stats per maps on our personal stat pages Jeff, please! :p

We'd like that too. I really wish we had more time to spend on the career profile and stats pages... I think we could do a lot more. I am hoping that we get some time in the future to make it better.
08/10/2017 09:04 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
Just to add:

I'm not trying to make any points here. I am just sharing the information since you're having a discussion about what heroes you feel are in games right now. Obviously, what platform, region, skill rating, game mode etc. you're in has an influence on this as well.

Stack rankings are really misleading to look at if you're not careful. The stat here is "hero playtime" and literally one hero could have had one more second of playtime over another hero. That doesn't make someone better or worse, more OP etc. Personally, I usually look at dramatic outliers (I didn't give you guys all the info you'd need to do that here). Genji in QP and Mercy in Competitive were the only ones that I would consider "dramatic" -- and even that is a subjective feeling. I don't really think there is an issue with Genji in QP or Mercy in Comp even though they are outliers. But that's just my opinion.
For me, at least, the issue isn't something you or Blizz could *fix* hypothetically because most of the issues come down to player perception and moral. You always feel cool playing an unpopular hero well, right? But when there's only a few choice selections to choose from, the interest for these roles dwindles, leaving only a few choice players who genuinely enjoy the role (think competitive Mercy mains.)

This isn't to say that hero balance isn't involved in any way (namely Orisa and Hog), but it certainly isn't the reason that some heroes are much more popular than others.
08/10/2017 08:47 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
Quick Play Hero Playtime from 8/2 - 8/9

Genji (by a long shot)
Doomfist
Hanzo
McCree
Soldier: 76
Mercy
Widowmaker
Junkrat
D.Va
Pharah
Tracer
Ana
Reaper
Lucio
Zenyatta
Torbjorn
Winston
Mei
Symmetra
Bastion
Sombra
Reinhardt
Zarya
Roadhog
Orisa

Overall, the playtime looks pretty smooth from one hero to the next with Genji being the only dramatic outlier. People really like to play Genji.

Nooooo!!! My boy, Zen!!
Why is he so low on this list?? This community...... smh
08/10/2017 09:13 AMPosted by Rainbowdash6

Orisas problem is that shes too static. her only defence is her shield that the enemy will simply walk through and melt her because she can't return fire AND reposition, she has to do one or the other and she doesn't to enough damage to fight off multiple attackers so that leaves you to try and run and hope you don't get scatterd once fortify wears off.

You forgot Fortify for defense :)

I only just started playing Orisa, and I find her generally more durable than other OW tanks despite her movement issues. Whenever someone tries stepping through her shield, I play the same game, dancing back and forth across the shield to hinder incoming fire. If Orisa's movement does get buffed, then I expect her to become a more credible threat.

Now, if we can only get some Blizzard comments on Widow's absurd skill cool down lengths along with any plans to address them -- this would genuinely make my day.
08/10/2017 09:20 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

We'd like that too. I really wish we had more time to spend on the career profile and stats pages... I think we could do a lot more. I am hoping that we get some time in the future to make it better.

perhaps a death recap that's also tracked in the career profile. that way you'll know what killed you the most. might need to link some abilities together though, like flashbang > headshot or hook > shoot.
Jeff it's not that I hate snipers(though players love to ignore the too many snipers tip) but I am seeing qp quickly devolve into people playing DPS only leaving maybe 1 person who can heal. The problem is if you have 5 dps then you can't tank either. I feel as if a lot of players don't find the tanks fun to play.

What are your thoughts on making a healing tank so one player can at least cover both? Or what are your thoughts on a draft mode where people pick their position before the match?
08/10/2017 08:57 AMPosted by Striker13
As a Widomaker main myself i want to ask whats wrong with people playing heroes?

Ok I see what you people are saying, honestly it's annoying as hell.
08/10/2017 08:58 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
Competitive Play Hero Playtime from 8/2-8/9:

I love reading stats like this. Thanks Jeff.
08/10/2017 09:21 AMPosted by Pinecones

Nooooo!!! My boy, Zen!!

Lucio is right down there with him! In QP, everyone wants to gun for the most elims.
Jeff do you personally play much of quick play?.

Do you ever play on the consoles as well?. Do you know the status of our reporting system?.

The questions we could have for ya could go for months lol.

Do you personally find having two snipers on a team a good thing?.

Genji (by a long shot)
Doomfist
Hanzo
McCree
Soldier: 76
Mercy
Widowmaker
Junkrat
D.Va
Pharah
Tracer
Ana
Reaper
Lucio
Zenyatta
Torbjorn
Winston
Mei
Symmetra
Bastion
Sombra
Reinhardt
Zarya
Roadhog
Orisa

Overall, the playtime looks pretty smooth from one hero to the next with Genji being the only dramatic outlier. People really like to play Genji.
are u good with genji
08/10/2017 09:25 AMPosted by c2dizzl3
08/10/2017 09:21 AMPosted by Pinecones

Nooooo!!! My boy, Zen!!

Lucio is right down there with him! In QP, everyone wants to gun for the most elims.

Probably some truth in that. But Zen is so low key OP I don't feel like he needs buffs at all.
As annoying as it can be, there isn't really anything that can be done about it.

Much of the community already considers Widowmaker a low tier character in terms of how good she is, but there is a not insignificant element of any gaming community that plays characters viewed as requiring a great deal of skill. That's partially why Genji is played so much I imagine, and why many Genji players go on about how skillful their character is(even if it is exaggerated =P).

Snipers are almost always considered a high skill thing, so those kinds of people gravitate towards them.

It's like how if I play casual in Counter-Strike, half the game is using AWPs most of the time.
I also find the over abundance of double sniper on both sides annoying. I usually just mention before the game starts that we have double sniper in hopes that they try to hard counter it so that it forces my team to switch. Nope.. both sides just stand in the back sniping eachother all game and missing and not contribute.

So I just go D.va and jump snipers and push the objective and get easy wins. Which is also boring in a way.

We've seen an amazing improvement to the career profile recently, but apparently it had a bug when it came out, so I don't know if I can trust this feature, since I haven't seen any feedback on that bug:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20757465918
Is it possible to address Mercy? She is an absolute pain to play against with her having res almost every fight.

Awesome. As a data guy in my 'real life' this pleases me! I'm almost positive I have maps that I am terrible on, and confirmation of that fact would be good. :D
08/10/2017 08:57 AMPosted by OtherMaT

Maybe because Genji is the most spoiled character? Three passives, stupidly huge hit boxes on his ult and deflect, high damage on his RMB and his weird movement animations. Why aren't you nerfing this terrible hero again?

Community agreed that genji is fine and his only problem is his deflect hitbox size
08/10/2017 09:25 AMPosted by Mofojokers
Jeff do you personally play much of quick play?.

Do you ever play on the consoles as well?. Do you know the status of our reporting system?.

The questions we could have for ya could go for months lol.

Do you personally find having two snipers on a team a good thing?.

Of course it isnt, but what do you expect? Its QP. Be thankful you cant have TWO Genji and TWO Hanzo on your team every time.

You are in Gold, now I dont know if Gold is as bad on Console as PC, but I can tell you from watching my son's games at that level, you will never fix QP for that rank (or lower) you simply cannot fix humanity.
this just proves what I have been thinking all along that people will just target tanks for ult charge and easy targets so people don't want to play them

and comp people saying D.VA got nerfed too much uh no she didn't