Genji hatred

General Discussion
I have seen a rise of the posts about Genji being OP and he need a nerf and they come with crazing suggestions that will kill his kit like :
1- reduce dashing distance
2- reduce dashing hitbox
3- don't make him cancel hit deflect
it's all crazy suggestions, and yes i do admit he is far superior compared to other heroes: he has the perfect kit, ultimate, mobility and damage, i want to skip the first three because it will kill the fun out of him and i want to talk about the shuriken damage here, it has no damage falloff and it's too strong when landing right clicks on close range.
it should be 10-20% damage nerf not that much.
this hero has every thing he need a nerf to some point to give a room to others because he simply out shine most of the DPS heroes.
Genji as almost everything for him , only the skill cap retain him to be a must pick
He is one of the hardest hero to deal with in the game.
He just needs a deflect hitbox reduction (or better visuals for the size of it), A less generous ult refund and a smaller dash hitbox. That's all.
Hatered is not a word, therefore I must assume that you want customizable hats on Genji. Or that you just hate hats
<Removed by forum moderator for toxicity>
09/02/2017 12:48 PMPosted by Qyoon
Genji as almost everything for him , only the skill cap retain him to be a must pick
He is one of the hardest hero to deal with in the game.

There will always be a hardest hero to deal with in the game.

That said, all he needs are tweaks and fixes.
Genji Hats 2017 Jeff, you heard it here first. It NEEDS to happen
If a hero has a high skill cap those with high skill with use the hero to their true potential.

I say Genji is fine
Someone tell me to git gud with Genji. Then I'll come back and make one of the posts asking for a nerf of hitbox size for dash. I seriously suck with Genji, and sadly I die by enemy Junkrats way too much.
09/02/2017 01:04 PMPosted by CoolBiz125
Someone tell me to git gud with Genji. Then I'll come back and make one of the posts asking for a nerf of hitbox size for dash. I seriously suck with Genji, and sadly I die by enemy Junkrats way too much.

Get gud
I don't think Genji is the problem, I just think that characters that should be direct counters, aren't always effective. Genji has too many escapes in my opinion, making slower characters that will ignore abilities like deflect useless if the Genji doesn't misuse his dash.
Now you know how us mercy players feel.
Deflect hitbox size should have been reduced since day 0.
His kit is so good

He has something for every situation

Some of witch are to easy to pull off
Increase the CD of deflect to like 10-12 seconds, or keep it as is but make it 1 second, not 2. :D
09/02/2017 12:46 PMPosted by NiSHAN
I have seen a rise of the posts about Genji being OP and he need a nerf and they come with crazing suggestions that will kill his kit like :
1- reduce dashing distance
2- reduce dashing hitbox
3- don't make him cancel hit deflect
it's all crazy suggestions, and yes i do admit he is far superior compared to other heroes: he has the perfect kit, ultimate, mobility and damage, i want to skip the first three because it will kill the fun out of him and i want to talk about the shuriken damage here, it has no damage falloff and it's too strong when landing right clicks on close range.
it should be 10-20% damage nerf not that much.
this hero has every thing he need a nerf to some point to give a room to others because he simply out shine most of the DPS heroes.

Genji and Tracer just need a strong counter, because since Hogs nerf there is no.
09/02/2017 12:52 PMPosted by Kyokkai
10-20% damage nerf isn't that much... are you mad?

Shall I take 10-20% of your monthly income? It's not much.

People do realize that his individual attacks are the lowest out all DPS right?

!@#$ing christ.

Oh, so in addition to everything else he has going for him he also charges support ults the least of all 'DPS' heroes while still being highly effective.

Thanks for pointing that out, add it to the list guys.
Deflect's hitbox is the way it is so you aren't punished for the enemy's aim being off. Increasing the effect size to match would be better.
Believe I am seeing a trend... since Hog got nerfed and dive meta had come about majority of all the dive characters have been getting players titled and seem like they need nerfs... we must buff and introduce better defense heroes to stop this cancerous dive.
09/02/2017 12:48 PMPosted by Kagrenac
He just needs a deflect hitbox reduction (or better visuals for the size of it), A less generous ult refund and a smaller dash hitbox. That's all.

His ult refund is frustrating. As a zenyatta player I save my ult for genjis/zaryas etc and he popped one, but died damn near immediately due to being frozen. He comes back and practically gets to use it for free and had already popped mine.