Sombra picks

General Discussion
I have lost more games due to MYSELF picking HANZO and causing the rest of the team to tilt/throw. and even on the rare occasion the team doesnt tilt/throw we still lose due to a lack of dps

I fixed your post. You should edit this in. Maybe people would quit down voting you then.
08/25/2017 12:46 PMPosted by Thrillho
I will play Sombra whenever and wherever I please. Your consent and your approval are neither sought nor required.

This doesn't do a lot to keep me from giving up in advance and picking a hero from the fun-but-useless list if I see a Sombra on my team.
08/25/2017 01:01 PMPosted by Abandofhobos
I have lost more games due to MYSELF picking HANZO and causing the rest of the team to tilt/throw. and even on the rare occasion the team doesnt tilt/throw we still lose due to a lack of dps

I fixed your post. You should edit this in. Maybe people would quit down voting you then.

well, if you noticed, the majority of my comp time is spent on zarya with hanzo's majority in QP.
You can't just see Sombra as a dps/healer. She's also a disruptor. She's meant to make your lives easier with her hacks. She's one of those heroes where the more you work with her, the easier your life becomes and the more you see her worth
08/25/2017 01:02 PMPosted by Mitrovarr
I will play Sombra whenever and wherever I please. Your consent and your approval are neither sought nor required.

This doesn't do a lot to keep me from giving up in advance and picking a hero from the fun-but-useless list if I see a Sombra on my team.
Do what you want. Play whatever hero you want. I am not here to dictate to your hero selection to you. I expect and demand the same in return.
08/25/2017 01:08 PMPosted by Jaycast16
You can't just see Sombra as a dps/healer. She's also a disruptor. She's meant to make your lives easier with her hacks. She's one of those heroes where the more you work with her, the easier your life becomes and the more you see her worth

someone that heals in a fight is much more useful than gettign healed out fo the fight.

I will add one thing here - it's really important for Sombra to fight near her team. The cloak and translocator make you want to infiltrate, but ignore that. Hacking is vastly more useful if an ally is around to capitalize on it, and Sombra is generally too poor a duelist to try and gank people from full health.

I will note that despite my generally low opinion of Sombra, I have seen good ones, and they're always the ones that you see constantly, not the ones off trying to flank.
08/25/2017 01:02 PMPosted by Mitrovarr

I'm a Platinum Sombra main; I play Sombra in about 90% of my Competitive matches. I fluctuate between a 47-51% winrate with Sombra.

Keep in mind that in about 20% of my matches someone on my team either deliberately throws when I pick Sombra at the start or gives up within two minutes entirely because they're convinced my Sombra pick is what's causing any and all challenges our team might face.

If I didn't run into people like you I'm fairly certain my winrate would go up to around 55-56%.
Problem is she's team reliant, not powerful solo like all the other offense heroes. So people just go off, do their own thing, wonder why they did poorly, blame it on the hero instead of themselves, then swear off Sombra forever.
08/25/2017 11:54 AMPosted by Lynsis
08/25/2017 11:48 AMPosted by Cronus
If you don't use Sombra's health packs, then your being more bothersome than the rest of your team, including your Sombra.

Rein: i need healing
Mercy/zen/ana/lucio: i just died, give me a sec and i'll be right there.
Rein: i need healing
Sombra: go use a damn healthpack so i can get ult
Rein: leaves to go use the healthpack, rest of team gets ulted/dies, team loses point.

Rein: Sombra~! *pins her against the wall and beats the ever living !@#$ out of her for playing sombra*

Then don't be a stupid Rein, and don't expect Sombra to solo heal.

Boom problem solved.
Um... Lynsis you are clearly a poor hitscan player. Sombra does LOADS of damage and has one of the most powerful ults in the game.

What universe are you playing in?
OP really must have poor hitscan :/ Sombra does a TON of damage and has one of the best ults in the game.

You were either playing with a bad Sombra or you need to know how to utilise her far better and protect your healers whilst they heal you.
You know what? I may not be in an high ELO but I know how to use her effective. She can carry games even down here.
I have way over 100 hours playtime on her I still find she rocks. If your playstyle is to shoot arrows in a general direction go on. Can be effective. Meanwhile I will micromanage the battlefield and sneak behind my prey.
08/25/2017 01:01 PMPosted by Abandofhobos

well, if you noticed, the majority of my comp time is spent on zarya with hanzo's majority in QP.

I did not notice that, probably because it isn't really true. You have 24 hours of Zarya, 18 of Hanzo and 16 of Doomfist.
08/25/2017 01:22 PMPosted by Mitrovarr

I will add one thing here - it's really important for Sombra to fight near her team. The cloak and translocator make you want to infiltrate, but ignore that. Hacking is vastly more useful if an ally is around to capitalize on it, and Sombra is generally too poor a duelist to try and gank people from full health.

I will note that despite my generally low opinion of Sombra, I have seen good ones, and they're always the ones that you see constantly, not the ones off trying to flank.

I absolutely agree. I don't just mindlessly hack. If I see my team around or if I'm with them, that's when I hack. I do wish hacking visuals were better like have a skull on too instead of the red swirl.

I have a pretty high winrate (60%)with Sombra so I like to think I have a generally good idea of how to play her and he way you describe definitely matches with what I do.