It's Time. Pharah Needs a Nerf

General Discussion
Prev 1 17 18 19 26 Next
well I mean soldier is a hard counter
People just need to aim gud as soldier, mccree etc.
08/25/2017 07:22 PMPosted by GreyFalcon
The issue with Pharah:
  • Bronze/Silver/Console: Overpowered
  • Gold/Platinum: Viable
  • Diamond/Masters/GrandMasters: Underpowered
http://i.imgur.com/Xunlyaj.png

She's not even OP at the upper levels for Console. She's viable.
08/28/2017 04:19 AMPosted by LittleTako
Widow might be a decent counter if she didn't have High Noon movement speed when sniping
Jump sideways after each shot and rescope.
It's a pretty funny work around but it works.
Pharah DOES NOT need a nerf. Anyone who thinks she needs a nerf, doesn't have the map awareness to shoot her.
08/28/2017 05:32 AMPosted by FAC3theMUSIK
08/25/2017 07:22 PMPosted by GreyFalcon
The issue with Pharah:
  • Bronze/Silver/Console: Overpowered
  • Gold/Platinum: Viable
  • Diamond/Masters/GrandMasters: Underpowered
http://i.imgur.com/Xunlyaj.png

She's not even OP at the upper levels for Console. She's viable.
She's not OP on Bronze neither so says the DATA. The problem w/ Pharah is people are allowing things such as this to happen turning Pharah into Reaper.
https://youtu.be/igf0hNMq33o
Which is the only logical explanation to why Pharah reigns supreme on EU/Asia Top 500 but not on NA servers. If Pharah is killing you point blank range repeatedly then you deserve to Lose.
Dear Blizzard,

PLEASE don't RUIN another character who is in a fine place ON CONSOLE.
Do what you want to her on PC. Pharah (and Pharamercy) is countered easily by anyone diamond+ on console that know how to use mcree, soldier, hanzo, widow, dva, torb, and feel free to add either a zenn discord or pocket mercy.

If you nerf Pharah, prepare for yet ANOTHER kit re-work.
...you know, like you've had to do to over half the rest of your character roster due to the polarizing buffs/nerfs your team hands out like halloween candy.
08/28/2017 05:57 AMPosted by ApexAbstract
Pharah DOES NOT need a nerf. Anyone who thinks she needs a nerf, doesn't have the map awareness to shoot her.
Apparently as Pharah you don't have the map awareness to properly hide behind terrain.

There are people in the middle of nowhere floating slowly those are easy to kill.
The people who are good at the game only show themselves for a couple frames, while they spam a rocket in your general direction, which will probably damage you due to the huge splash, while you are supposed to land a perfect headshot reacting to what they are doing.
I play on console and I laugh at Pharah if she's on her own.

But with a mercy, there is just nothing you can do.

Something needs to change. Really not looking forward to this mercy buff
There's a huge misconception about new mercy going around... But for now they should at least revert Pharah's splash to the way it was before

New DVa also counters pharah even better than she use to.

A lot of people could also use some work on their aim
Gonna put this out there.... Pharah by herself isn't an issue, so why are we asking for a nerf for Pharah?

Here is the actual damage she deals with splash:

20 minimum @ 2.5m away to 80 maximum @ immediately next to the target, with an additional 40 on a direct hit.

She does the same damage as Junkrat and with less utility save for her mobility. If a "decent" Pharah is doing work with a pocket Mercy, how is that different from a "decent" Genji doing work with a Nano boost or a pocket Mercy as well? Or a Reaper? Or a Winston?

It's called a strategy. It has counters. Switch to them and be "decent" like that Pharah is and do work too. Why should a hero with so many weaknesses (2nd largest dps hitbox w/ 200 hp, 6 round clip of relatively slow moving projectiles compared to other dps who are mostly hitscan, there is no cover for a Pharah flying in the air, super loud and obvious, telegraphed movements when using her CDs). I main Pharah AND her primary counters. I know how easy it is to take her out and how easy it is for her to take them out.

Pharah isn't the issue. Your aim is. Please, stop demanding nerfs and be better.
08/28/2017 06:24 AMPosted by Foxter

Nothing you can do? How is it that there is nothing a team of 6 individual people can do against a pair of airborne targets out of cover? Especially considering one of them is dealing 0 damage and the other is dealing damage to 1 target at a time?
08/25/2017 06:45 PMPosted by Titanium
Have you played the PTR? Valkyrie counters the enemy Pharah and/or Mercy hard. Too bad they're going to nerf her pistol bonuses.

Don't forget D.Va will actually be a harder counter to Pharah now since she can fire when boosting in close instead of just an annoyance by absorbing rockets and hitting her a bit after she boosts in close.

Valkyrie probably won't be a counter when it's all said and done though.

I do think Pharah needs a nerf still but I guess if enough counters are buffed, then Pharah won't need one.

08/28/2017 05:25 AMPosted by Comrade
well I mean soldier is a hard counter

He and McCree are soft counters at the most actually. D.Va in the next patch will be more of a hard counter in my opinion.
08/28/2017 06:42 AMPosted by Frosty
Gonna put this out there.... Pharah by herself isn't an issue, so why are we asking for a nerf for Pharah?

20 minimum @ 2.5m away to 80 maximum @ immediately next to the target, with an additional 40 on a direct hit.

She does the same damage as Junkrat and with less utility save for her mobility. If a "decent" Pharah is doing work with a pocket Mercy, how is that different from a "decent" Genji doing work with a Nano boost or a pocket Mercy as well? Or a Reaper? Or a Winston?

It's called a strategy. It has counters. Switch to them and be "decent" like that Pharah is and do work too. Why should a hero with so many weaknesses (2nd largest dps hitbox w/ 200 hp, 6 round clip of relatively slow moving projectiles compared to other dps who are mostly hitscan, there is no cover for a Pharah flying in the air, super loud and obvious, telegraphed movements when using her CDs). I main Pharah AND her primary counters. I know how easy it is to take her out and how easy it is for her to take them out.

Pharah isn't the issue. Your aim is. Please, stop demanding nerfs and be better.
08/28/2017 06:24 AMPosted by Foxter

Nothing you can do? How is it that there is nothing a team of 6 individual people can do against a pair of airborne targets out of cover? Especially considering one of them is dealing 0 damage and the other is dealing damage to 1 target at a time?

Well let's take look, ah you play PC. You have no idea what it's like.

On console it's almost different game. If you don't have to aim you have a huge advantage.

Like 9 / 10 times a mercy on her own can take out a Solider close range. She doesn't have to aim as much as he does.

Now you can see why Pharamercy is so dominate. Two heros that don't have to aim, 1 doing incredible damage and 1 always healing and damaged boosting without having to worry about being good.

While their counter has to have perfect aim and be in a position to not take damage from the other 4 enemies.
08/28/2017 07:05 AMPosted by Foxter

<span class="truncated">...</span>

On console it's almost different game. If you don't have to aim you have a huge advantage.

Like 9 / 10 times a mercy on her own can take out a Solider close range. She doesn't have to aim as much as he does.

Now you can see why Pharamercy is so dominate. Two heros that don't have to aim, 1 doing incredible damage and 1 always healing and damaged boosting without having to worry about being good.

While their counter has to have perfect aim and be in a position to not take damage from the other 4 enemies.

You think Pharah doesn't require aim? LOL. Try playing Pharah without aiming and see how well you do.

The original poster on this thread said that "decent" Pharahs are a problem, not people who don't have to aim, as you so eloquently put it. No "decent" Pharah will be playing her without aiming.
Remove mercy's ability to fly towards Pharah?

PS: i don't mind Pharmercy.

You think Pharah doesn't require aim? LOL. Try playing Pharah without aiming and see how well you do.

The original poster on this thread said that "decent" Pharahs are a problem, not people who don't have to aim, as you so eloquently put it. No "decent" Pharah will be playing her without aiming.

Pharah doesn't need nearly as much aim as a Soldier 76 or McCree when dealing with Pharmercy. All you got to do is get good at predicting where people are going to go. If you have a Mercy damage boosting you, then you don't even need to get direct hits to 2 shot 200 hp heroes. Near misses will be enough.
They buffed DVa and Widowmaker. Pharah is fine.
08/25/2017 07:56 PMPosted by BarryAllen
-Widow/zenyatta: Discord bodyshot is 156 damage
-Widow/76: A 120 body shot leaves the 76 to hit 4-5 shots total
-Widow/Mcree: 120 bodyshot leaves Mcree to hit 1-3 more shots
-Mcree/76: A little sloppier of a way to take them out, but still reliable, best to aim for the mercy here
-76/zenyatta: With discord on pharah he will be hitting for 7.41-24.7 per shot more or less melting her
-76/Mcree: In my opinion the worst one to run as pharah can outmaneuver both of them should they not be hitting shots and have to be closer to do more damage.

the problem is that low-level players don't have the mechanics to stop the pharmacy with most hit scans. I found that D.Va parid with a zen or an orisa paired with mercy was very effective against pharmacy and with the orisa buffs and the D.Va changes it will be easier than ever to stop that duo.
Honestly, Pharah without mercy isn't op. I main Pharah but I am easily countered and taken out of fights to go heal assuming the other team can hit a shot. Not to mention we can barely get our full ult off. Recently I find myself switching off due to this. BTW Pharah isn't even hitscan. I rather have hitscan if my main would be nerfed lol. Also, I don't care if my main is nerfed...I would adapt not cry.

If I'm on the other team, we can focus down a Pharah pretty easily nowadays. I agree she had her time in Season 4 and early 5 but the meta shifted without her being touched. That was good on Blizzard to let the community figure it out. Just like how Dva and Winston are back in without major changes.

If Pharah is nerfed right now she would not be viable at all when the team doesn't have a mercy. All this does is encourage Pharmercy even more.

Some, not all, of the recent Mercy changes are op and need to be addressed. Like making her basically out dps soldier and rip through an entire team without taking damage. Not to mention she can just fly up to Pharah and shoot her point blank. Mercy being op will make you think Pharah is op. If you think Pharah is op when mercy is flying with her, then I don't think Pharah is the issue huh. But alone, Pharah is just an open target in the sky. Also wait till Dva can just fly up to Pharah's while shooting her gun and missiles. Thats my two cents.