lol I just game banned for a week on my main in quickplay

General Discussion
Prev 1 31 32 33
08/28/2017 10:18 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
08/28/2017 08:30 AMPosted by Ceaya
"disruptive gameplay". In quickplay. What.

So much for the reports being verified. Jesus you aren't even safe in quickplay lol. The system is clearly automated and abusable.

How do you even be disruptive in quickplay?

We checked the IP address of the account you posted from and found a suspended account.

That account has a total of 2247 complaints filed against it -- making it one of the worst offending accounts we've seen. The account has also been silenced for a total of 9216 hours. There are 3 gameplay suspensions on the account as well as 7 silences against this account (these are for abusive chat and/or spam). There is also a manual GM account suspension for "massive griefing" levied.

So I'm not sure if that's the account you're referring to or not, but someone from your IP has been a less-than-ideal OW citizen.

If that's not your account, please let us know what the BattleTag is and I'm happy to look into it further. The last thing we want is good, upstanding members of the community being punished unfairly.

How does someone accumulate more than 2000 reports? This is exactly what we have been complaining about. You don't punish people for griefing or not trying in ranked. And now everyone can see that even after 2000 reports you are not permanently banned. What the hell? After a few hundred VALID reports the player in question should be permanently (read:FOREVER) be banned from both competitive, qp and arcade.
I know we all liked Jeffs response. At least I did. My only question now is what does it take to get banned? This guy is clearly a troll and has made the game very bad for many others. Shouldnt all of this warranted a perma ban?
08/29/2017 08:09 AMPosted by Roaming
Paying for a product does not give you the right to use it however you like. The creator of the product has explicitly stated that the product is not to be used in that manner, the user signed an agreement saying they agree to the terms and are now violating it.

This is no different than you installing a 3rd party program and hacking, which thankfully, Blizzard is much better about dealing with.

1) Yes. And that's not the point I made, but that it makes the matter more complex, as it's like a split between a fee for joining a community and the price of acquisition of a game. Game devs don't usually take a game away from you, just because you don't align with their morals. That makes the matter of permabans in a pay to play game fairly difficult imo.

2) Yes. Both are violations of rules, but that doesn't make them the same. Smoking weed is a violation of rules in most states, as well as killing a person. Both are violations of law/rules. However, they're not punished the same way for good reasons. OP has been punished before.

Edit -
I was just playing Torb setting up turrets and chilling and bam... banned
All I did was play lazy Torbjorn in quickplay (letting turrets do most of the work).
Sorry to rain on your parade, but I already got muted for a year
i started suiciding in a hole in front of our spawn
That's just the stuff he admitted to.

The last one is not from OP, but another poster in this thread with his own matter.

The first two are basically the same, playing semi-afk torb. That may be the reason for the manual gm griefing notice on him.

Third one is not an offense, but a punishment from devs.

I did read the thread. He admitted to being toxic and playing afk torb in qp. Jeff's reply kinda aligns with that. I find it hard to warrant a permaban over that and could consider the punishments taken enough.
Why is this bronze kid whining about being kicked off qp?
08/29/2017 08:25 AMPosted by Killobyte
I know we all liked Jeffs response. At least I did. My only question now is what does it take to get banned? This guy is clearly a troll and has made the game very bad for many others. Shouldnt all of this warranted a perma ban?

If he is one if not the worst offender in the game and not banned it is quite obvious that you literally can not get banned in overwatch by getting reported. And we wonder how come people are so toxic. Well now we know.
Are they really being praised for taking action on someone who accrued over 2.2 THOUSAND reports against them? I don't know what is more pathetic, the guy who amassed all those reports or the fact that you can accumulate that many reports before anything is done about it. Pretty sad, blizzard.
08/29/2017 08:25 AMPosted by Killobyte

It is quite puzzling, especially given they've been silenced for over a year! That's got to be some major level toxicity right there and that alone should see them perma-banned.

Also I doubt I'm the only one that finds it amusing that this person has not made another post since Jeff's revelation of the true nature of his activities :)
dont be stupid now OP.

apologize with the right words and you get the noir skin.

good luck.
08/29/2017 08:27 AMPosted by asu
it's like a split between a fee for joining a community and the price of acquisition of a game

Go buy a gym membership with a pool, and start bathing daily in the pool. See how long you remain a member of that community.
08/29/2017 08:43 AMPosted by J1nRoh
dont be stupid now OP.

apologize with the right words and you get the noir skin.

good luck.

lol xd
08/29/2017 08:48 AMPosted by Roaming

Go buy a gym membership with a pool, and start bathing daily in the pool. See how long you remain a member of that community.

A membership is not a product you buy. That's what I said. Buying a multiplayer game is a mix of both. You don't take a product someone buys away from them. That's how markets work. However, you don't want someone breaking your rules in your community. This makes permabans in pay to play multiplayer games a dilemma and something you should try to avoid.
08/29/2017 08:27 AMPosted by asu
1) Yes. And that's not the point I made, but that it makes the matter more complex, as it's like a split between a fee for joining a community and the price of acquisition of a game. Game devs don't usually take a game away from you, just because you don't align with their morals. That makes the matter of permabans in a pay to play game fairly difficult imo.

It's not about some vaguely defined morals, it's about not adhering to the terms of service and/or the code of conduct established by Blizzard and agreed to by every player. Playing games on their servers is a revocable privilege that you pay for, not an inalienable right.
Game devs don't usually revoke privileges because they need customers and can't risk scaring off people if they get too enthusiastic with bans.
08/28/2017 10:18 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
08/28/2017 08:30 AMPosted by Ceaya
"disruptive gameplay". In quickplay. What.

So much for the reports being verified. Jesus you aren't even safe in quickplay lol. The system is clearly automated and abusable.

How do you even be disruptive in quickplay?

We checked the IP address of the account you posted from and found a suspended account.

That account has a total of 2247 complaints filed against it -- making it one of the worst offending accounts we've seen. The account has also been silenced for a total of 9216 hours. There are 3 gameplay suspensions on the account as well as 7 silences against this account (these are for abusive chat and/or spam). There is also a manual GM account suspension for "massive griefing" levied.

So I'm not sure if that's the account you're referring to or not, but someone from your IP has been a less-than-ideal OW citizen.

If that's not your account, please let us know what the BattleTag is and I'm happy to look into it further. The last thing we want is good, upstanding members of the community being punished unfairly.

08/28/2017 10:19 AMPosted by xexceeder
Daddy jeff at it with the roast.
Jeff didn't roast him,this is a disgrace.This guy has over 2000 reports on his account and he's only getting banned for A WEEK!?No wonder Competitive has been so bad this season.All Jeff's post does is make me lose even more hope in the reporting system.Why hasn't he been permabanned yet?
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaa. #Winning :) Well done Jeff. #banhammer in action is always fun to watch.
08/29/2017 09:11 AMPosted by Weazmeister
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaa. #Winning :) Well done Jeff. #banhammer in action is always fun to watch.

Only that he isn't banned at all. After 2000 reports.
08/28/2017 10:19 AMPosted by xexceeder
Daddy jeff at it with the roast.

hey dudes! lets all upvote the guy who happened to post after the blue, yeah. okay. bunch of pathetic followers, that wasn't even funny.
Ceaya waiting room
08/29/2017 07:21 AMPosted by Calcifer

JEFF said that : 2247 report IS a godlike ARGUEMENT.

I quote myself, (but go check what I said...)
I have 16 downvote in 1 hour just for said : Guys, the number is not the truth. and you downvote that !?
1000 people upvote that : "Daddy jeff at it with the roast."
Do you feel it's more interesting than what I said just because He have more vote ?
No. So why think that way with "report" ?

Jeff, when your team write the good reasons and the bad reason to "report" people, and write that "playing a character who is not considered to be in the meta", do you GARANTEE this uses for negate the wrong use of the report, or do you believe in the auto-regulation of the players ?

Jeff, if you believe players are clever enougth to report wisely, why do you think we need a report system if we are so clever players who can stop to be toxic even when we see the hammer ?

Jeff, if you are not aware of the toxicity AGAINST strange pick, why add anti-toxicity quote to heroes like that ?

I saw again one of my ex-contact last QP match. He harrass me, insult me and flame me about the fact I was main sombra last season. He deleted me from his contact for that.... even if we never played together this season.
One other contact, 1000SR more than me, insult me in private message because main sombra, and delete me after that.
I Love to fill. I'm a flex player. My 3 most played character are DVA / MERCY / LUCIO. Season 5, I have 60 / 61 / 74% winrate with this heroes. But I love to play tracer, reaper, widow, sombra too. My winrate is lower with them, not because i'm so bad, or because I troll... But because when I took mercy-dva-lucio it's 80% of time 2-2-2 comp. When I take sombra the rate of 2-2-2 game I did with sombra is like 15%. Because here, people feel so free to troll, that people guess you are trolling even before the start, just because you pick something. People ask to report you even before pick when they see you coming on the game, just because you main sombra. And friends start to insult you and delete you, even without playing with you just because you main sombra "This" season.

And Jeff, let's see my stats with sombra, Am I bad with her ? Did I troll the game when they all go dps to troll me "back" when you look my stats ?
I have been reported before the start just because I play sombra. People ask to the team to troll me because I'm sombra main. And after that, I'm the one who is reported. I'm the one who, when he's "silenced" because people lie on vocal chat happen, and contest it, your support talk me about that to justify the silence. Let me make a bet : Someone reported me now, just for write I'm a sombra main, and fake we match together.

That's should say how community is mad. I'm not a troll, I'm not banned. I just get some silence, that I contest... and I learn that you don't care about contesting silence because we can report people without proove. I'm just a flex player who loved to play sombra this season... 16 downvote in one hour !

Oh, and yeah, Jeff, dare to answer me. dare to explain me how you defend player from being wrongly accused of troll. How you defend people from people who blackmail ("switch or I troll" or "switch or I report you")
Dare to answer to a player who said "report system is abusable and automated is the wrong way".
I think, When the "your report have been used to ban someone" will be in the game, it will the most TERRIBLE features of the game if it's tell to people who report abusivly, they report successivly.
And dare to answer to that without using public accusation nobody else than you can know. Act like a democratic state JEFF, no like autocratic state who just discredit people who said something true.

PS : and when you want to figure out the level of cleverness and wiseness of the player base, look how many of them just "cry" because this player have a one week ban "with 2200 report"... without understand that the 2200 report account is perma ban, the one week ban is a smurf account... JUST READ PEOPLE !!!
08/29/2017 09:14 AMPosted by Skycode
08/29/2017 09:11 AMPosted by Weazmeister

Only that he isn't banned at all. After 2000 reports.

This. I love you guys at Blizzard, but seriously, you need to let your community help you. Make a 3-strikes policy. Set a moderately low threshold for reports, trigger automatic notices if you exceed it, and trigger accounts for human review if they exceed 1 warning in 30 days, and trigger permabans if they violate 3 times in 90 days. If you want to clean up the cesspit, you're going to have to convince trolls that there are consequences for their transgressions.
Wrestle with Jeff, prepare for Deff