lol I just game banned for a week on my main in quickplay

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 33 Next
08/28/2017 09:52 AMPosted by ŦGambitG
<span class="truncated">...</span> I often use quick play to try new heroes, this means I don't always play well. So I agree with you.

You should at least have a workable knowledge of a character (via training grounds and play vs AI) before you jump into a live game. It's still a team based game that you need to try to win. Screwing around on a character and not pushing objectives runs counter to that, and Blizzard is finally taking people to task for that.
Ai don't behave anything like human players. I didn't get any better playing against humans by playing against ai. I got better at playing against ai.
08/28/2017 09:42 AMPosted by ŦGambitG

That's what got you banned. Regardless of the circumstances, that is always a 100% bannable offense.

Me suiciding vs 2 hackers, that hacked for 1week++ and got to top500, in last 10s of match had 0 impact on match result. How do you explain hacker duo aimbotting for 1 week +++ (100++ games) and not being banned after ~10 games? They get 5-6 reports every game, after 20 games they reach the 100 reports threshold.

Bad behavior on their part DOES NOT EXCUSE it on yours. Yeah, they should be banned, and hardware banned at that, but you don't get a free pass to break the rules just because they do.
08/28/2017 09:42 AMPosted by ŦGambitG

That's what got you banned. Regardless of the circumstances, that is always a 100% bannable offense.

Me suiciding vs 2 hackers, that hacked for 1week++ and got to top500, in last 10s of match had 0 impact on match result. How do you explain hacker duo aimbotting for 1 week +++ (100++ games) and not being banned after ~10 games? They get 5-6 reports every game, after 20 games they reach the 100 reports threshold.

Circumstances do not matter. You don't get to break the rules just beause someone else did. And you saying they're hackers does not make it so, 99% of all hacker or aimbot accusations are simply because the other player has really good aim. Used to play a lot with a friend before he ranked up to GM and he got accused of aimbotting every fourth game or so simly because he was good.

You should at least have a workable knowledge of a character (via training grounds and play vs AI) before you jump into a live game. It's still a team based game that you need to try to win. Screwing around on a character and not pushing objectives runs counter to that, and Blizzard is finally taking people to task for that.
Ai don't behave anything like human players. I didn't get any better playing against humans by playing against ai. I got better at playing against ai.

It's a stepping stone. You don't just jump into QP with a character you've never played before. You progress through Training, AI, then QP. each adds a bit more unpredictability to your opponents that you can build off of.
nobody gives me grief for playing torb in QP, hell, I usually get the card votes.

you were doing something IN GAME that pissed off a lot of people. you, not your hero choice, YOU were doing something to piss people off.
08/28/2017 08:42 AMPosted by Ceaya
"After analysis of the evidence, we have Suspended your Overwatch account".

What analysis? What evidence???

I was just playing Torb setting up turrets and chilling and bam... banned. I can't even log into the game.

Time to find a new game to play I guess. Or back to Team Fortress 2 rip.

"setting up turrets and chilling,"

So were you just one of those Torbjorns who deliberately place their turrets in stupid spots and then not help at all? Because that's something that can get you banned from quickplay.

Bad behavior on their part DOES NOT EXCUSE it on yours. Yeah, they should be banned, and hardware banned at that, but you don't get a free pass to break the rules just because they do.

Yea you are right, it was my bad. I should be happy Blizzard gave me a chance to play vs hackers four times in less then a week. I'm gonna go buy 50$ worth of lootboxes to thank them for giving me opportunity to play vs hackers so often.
08/28/2017 10:01 AMPosted by ŦGambitG
...Ai don't behave anything like human players. I didn't get any better playing against humans by playing against ai. I got better at playing against ai.

It's a stepping stone. You don't just jump into QP with a character you've never played before. You progress through Training, AI, then QP. each adds a bit more unpredictability to your opponents that you can build off of.
I disagree. When I first played ow, I jumped into qp immediately. I wasn't good for a long time, but I quickly learned and adapted to the ever changing environment.

Then when my friends started ow, they were too scared to even think about going into pvp. So I played ai with them... for months. 2-3 months, whenever they wanted me to play.

When I hopped back into Qp, I noticed my situational awareness, reaction time, and aim had overall decreased.

I agree that, to learn a heroes abilities, players should experiment in ai or training. But after they've understood the heroes kit, I think they should absolutely delve into pvp.
08/28/2017 09:30 AMPosted by Auri
I play mostly torb in comp, and i got banned in a game vs 2 aimbotters (i was at peak rank ~3580SR when i got banned). I didn't even play torb in that game, i played d.va. Most of my team gave up commenting how its pointless to play vs two aimbotters, frustrated and already losing 0-60% in last round of oasis i started suiciding in a hole in front of our spawn (this was my 4th game vs same hacker duo in less then a week). One salty teammate commented how he ll report the hackers, but he ll report me too for "throwing". When he wrote that and reported me i was banned during the game for 24h. So i can believe it is possible OP didn't do anything wrong and got banned. Next season i ll have to record every single game i played so i can prove bans are BS.

There is a difference between not trying as hard and flat out throwing. You made a bad situation worse and deserved your ban. And even if the others threw, other people doing wrong doesn't make it okay for you to break the rules.
08/28/2017 09:33 AMPosted by TheRugester
08/28/2017 09:23 AMPosted by Ceaya

You do realise Max made trolling videos for 8 months right? He deserves the hardware ban.

If he did it for 8 months or a year, he bought a new account and was doing anything wrong on it.

Hardware bans are for removing toxic people from the gameplay environment, and are more stringent than taking away your. Copy of the game. Attempting to purchase a new account to get around it (and be somewhere he wasn't supposed to be) was bad behavior, which is why he got banned all over again. He deserved his ban. He doesn't get to decide when his punishment is over.
08/28/2017 10:12 AMPosted by VenusArmani
08/28/2017 09:30 AMPosted by Auri
I play mostly torb in comp, and i got banned in a game vs 2 aimbotters (i was at peak rank ~3580SR when i got banned). I didn't even play torb in that game, i played d.va. Most of my team gave up commenting how its pointless to play vs two aimbotters, frustrated and already losing 0-60% in last round of oasis i started suiciding in a hole in front of our spawn (this was my 4th game vs same hacker duo in less then a week). One salty teammate commented how he ll report the hackers, but he ll report me too for "throwing". When he wrote that and reported me i was banned during the game for 24h. So i can believe it is possible OP didn't do anything wrong and got banned. Next season i ll have to record every single game i played so i can prove bans are BS.

There is a difference between not trying as hard and flat out throwing. You made a bad situation worse and deserved your ban. And even if the others threw, other people doing wrong doesn't make it okay for you to break the rules.
He literally stated that most of his team had also given up. if 4/6 of his teammates have given up, what difference will it make if he also gives up?

He can't very well 2v6 with 2 of those 6 being aim botters.
08/28/2017 08:30 AMPosted by Ceaya
"disruptive gameplay". In quickplay. What.

So much for the reports being verified. Jesus you aren't even safe in quickplay lol. The system is clearly automated and abusable.

How do you even be disruptive in quickplay?

We checked the IP address of the account you posted from and found a suspended account.

That account has a total of 2247 complaints filed against it -- making it one of the worst offending accounts we've seen. The account has also been silenced for a total of 9216 hours. There are 3 gameplay suspensions on the account as well as 7 silences against this account (these are for abusive chat and/or spam). There is also a manual GM account suspension for "massive griefing" levied.

So I'm not sure if that's the account you're referring to or not, but someone from your IP has been a less-than-ideal OW citizen.

If that's not your account, please let us know what the BattleTag is and I'm happy to look into it further. The last thing we want is good, upstanding members of the community being punished unfairly.
Highly Rated
Daddy jeff at it with the roast.
Highly Rated
08/28/2017 10:18 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

So much for the reports being verified. Jesus you aren't even safe in quickplay lol. The system is clearly automated and abusable.

We checked the IP address of the account you posted from and found a suspended account.

That account has a total of 2247 complaints filed against it -- making it one of the worst offending accounts we've seen. The account has also been silenced for a total of 9216 hours. There are 3 gameplay suspensions on the account as well as 7 silences against this account (these are for abusive chat and/or spam). There is also a manual GM account suspension for "massive griefing" levied.

So I'm not sure if that's the account you're referring to or not, but someone from your IP has been a less-than-ideal OW citizen.

If that's not your account, please let us know what the BattleTag is and I'm happy to look into it further. The last thing we want is good, upstanding members of the community being punished unfairly.

Thank you Papa Jeff for laying down the law.
Highly Rated

RIP OP LMFAO
Highly Rated
Omfg this dude just got bodied big time!
Highly Rated
making it one of the worst offending accounts we've seen

In a way that is almost impressive.
Highly Rated
someone from your IP has been a less-than-ideal OW citizen.

another quote in collection
Highly Rated

SHUTDOWN OF THE CENTURY, OML