Why are DPS taking all the blame?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5
08/26/2017 11:39 AMPosted by DnDiceRoller
Fanbase: This game is so toxic I don't understand how it got this way.

-balance changes made-

Fanbase: DPS RUINING OUR GAME GO KYS GET OUTTA OVERWATCH YOU LITERALLY HITLER !@#$ SUCKERS I HOPE YOU GET CANCER AND DIEEEEEEEE!!!!

-10 seconds later-

Fanbase: Yeah I just don't get how Overwatch got so toxic. It's a complete mystery to me.

to be fair, most in game toxicity is, largely, by dps mains... not that i'm saying it's okay to tell them to die tho :p but these balance changes, the mercy ones especially, have caused so much unexpected toxicity (who am kidding, overwatch runs on toxicity) i don't even know where to start. if my character got buffed i'd just shut up and be happy
08/26/2017 11:39 AMPosted by DnDiceRoller
Fanbase: This game is so toxic I don't understand how it got this way.

-balance changes made-

Fanbase: DPS RUINING OUR GAME GO KYS GET OUTTA OVERWATCH YOU LITERALLY HITLER !@#$ SUCKERS I HOPE YOU GET CANCER AND DIEEEEEEEE!!!!

-10 seconds later-

Fanbase: Yeah I just don't get how Overwatch got so toxic. It's a complete mystery to me.

to be fair, most in game toxicity is, largely, by dps mains. :p but these balance changes, the mercy ones especially, have caused so much unexpected toxicity (who am kidding, overwatch runs on toxicity) i don't even know where to start. if my character got buffed i'd just shut up and be happy

You've never had a mercy refuse to heal unless you died on point, have you? Or a Winston who refused to group up and just dives the point over and over to try and solo the team?

Cause I've had, and trust me when I say it's not fun.
08/25/2017 03:39 PMPosted by Cersei
There is a Genji main a bit below your thread, mentioning Mercy's new ulti as teamwipe op ultimate more or less just to ask for 8 second Genji ultimate buff.

*John Cena voice* 'Are you sure about that?'

You realize threads change position like every second right? Right?
No one is taking all the blame. It's just this forum existing in a mini-universe of its own, with people taking what is being alleged to heart too and making threads like this one. The vast majority of players currently have no idea what inconsequential nonsense is being said here.
08/26/2017 11:41 AMPosted by DnDiceRoller
08/26/2017 11:35 AMPosted by Thrillho
...It is disguised to look like a buff. She can fly around and pew pew and all of that. But underneath it is a massive nerf to the concept of counterplay. The devil, as usual, is in the details.

And yet she can still 4 man rez with her ult. Just rez, pop ult, rez again, wait 10 seconds and rez again, wait 10 seconds and rez again. All while chain healing your whole team for huge amounts and flying out of range of danger.
Now, you DPSers are always screaming about people trickling in and dying. It is humorous now that your "solution" to the terrible crime of counterplay is to have them trickle in and die.
08/25/2017 03:47 PMPosted by Mercy
Ana was changed because she can kill flankers.
D. Va was rework because DPS said DM is unfun.
Mercy was rework because DPS said res is unfun.
Hog was deleted because tank shouldn't be able to kill.

Ana was changed because of a stale triple tank meta.
D.va was reworked because her defense matrix was over powered.
Mercy was reworked because she wasn't fun and a lot of OTP Mercy's abused the SR system.
Hog was nerfed because the hook was OP.

But you keep telling yourself that Blizzard favourite DPS players. Is that why McCree, Sombra, Reaper, Soldier and most of the defense heroes were completely trash at one point? Sure. Stupid biased idiots everywhere.
<span class="truncated">...</span>
to be fair, most in game toxicity is, largely, by dps mains. :p but these balance changes, the mercy ones especially, have caused so much unexpected toxicity (who am kidding, overwatch runs on toxicity) i don't even know where to start. if my character got buffed i'd just shut up and be happy

You've never had a mercy refuse to heal unless you died on point, have you? Or a Winston who refused to group up and just dives the point over and over to try and solo the team?

Cause I've had, and trust me when I say it's not fun.

you're assuming someone picks a healer or tank at all to begin with; i play qp, you see, where everyone instalocks dps. idk how people are like in comp. never had a mercy do that, but when i do get a tank/healer it's a rare event, unlike dps, which are just a normal occurrence every other game. i should know, tanks and healers (or snipers) are almost always the target of their abuse lol

Removed inappropriate language - Forum Mod.
08/26/2017 12:05 PMPosted by Thrillho
08/26/2017 11:41 AMPosted by DnDiceRoller

And yet she can still 4 man rez with her ult. Just rez, pop ult, rez again, wait 10 seconds and rez again, wait 10 seconds and rez again. All while chain healing your whole team for huge amounts and flying out of range of danger.
Now, you DPSers are always screaming about people trickling in and dying. It is humorous now that your "solution" to the terrible crime of counterplay is to have them trickle in and die.

In a 6 person push, rezzing two folks is an amazing play and usually what Mercy's are expected to do. Now combine that with two more mercy rezs immediately after and you get a formula for a very successful push.

Also, you know how hard it is to actually get a quad kill even with an ult. Unless you are in a much higher level of play then daimond, not often.
08/26/2017 11:04 AMPosted by DnDiceRoller

...what. Literally none of this ever happened pls check yourself.

Literally all of that did happen. Just because it was presumably before your time doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Because that's what happens on these forums. Everyone on here complains like crazy, gets stuff changed, then blames Everyone else for it.

You know how many people would scream about ana being broken before? How she could single heal carry and how nanoboost was just an instant I win button? How her grenade was the most broken thing ever and how it made mercy too bad to play cause she couldn't heal a hit target. And of course the classic role stereotyping tank and support mains love, that a support should do no dps damage. The amount of people salty at Ana and accusing her mains of being selfish battle Ana's who only focus on kills was astronomical, and blizzard sided with that argument via her nerfs to nade and her overall damage.

Dva fans went ballistic over her focus on defense matrix and for an entire season was seen as a troll pick because of how short defense matrix lasted. Then dive became a strat because Winston was buffed, and then she became a bodyguard shield for Winston. Even during dive you had hundreds of threads of dva players who were sick of dm, but apparently because blizzard listened to them, they must all be dps mains now through the power of transmutation or some !@#$.

And don't even get me started on Roadhog. You know how many mercy and Zarya mains kept insisting every nerf to roadhog was a stealth buff Instead? All of them, because even when the chain can break they considered it a buff due to the need for the momentum half just so you could hook a mercy or Lucio. People we're literally besides themselves to take a %^-* on hog mains after the nerfs and constantly posting "you just gotta learn positioning". 0 sympathy from any of them for a change they pushed onto the game and cheered with joy over and I'm supposed to forget all that because the dev team gave their mercy a buff.

You go check yourself, because the support and tank mains are what ruined folks like Ana and Roadhog and Dva in the first place. You had 2 seasons of balance changes being made your way, and it's "teamwork" amounted to just suicide charging the point as a team over and over again in Dive Comp.

Haha please show me more threads of mercy mains complaining about hog than dps complaining. You're are cherry picking this super hard.