How do I get out of bronze?

Competitive Discussion
I'm no winner, and I have lost tons of games. This being my worst season yet with literally one game won. But my season 3 was a low bronze, I realized in season 3 that Elo Hell is BS and that if I lose, my team lost too... it wasn't my team's fault.

It was our fault.

So be a team, use a 6 stack to get higher, and I bet my poor !@# that you'll be diamond in one month.

(btw, play more soldier to get better aim [this is the most important part of my message] )
Die less.
Be aware if you're outnumbered and run back to spawn ... die less.
Don't engage before most of your team is with you ... die less.
Don't hunt kills on your own if it means going away from your team ... die less.
Always keep moving and not in straight lines ... die less.

If you die to anything but an ult you're doing it wrong.

It's also useful to try to die less.
09/03/2017 11:47 AMPosted by SleepyBear
Any tips for winning games with leavers?

Don't let leavers diacourage you, just keep playing. Depending on what role they were on, try to switch up your team composition to try to "cover" that role. Stay positive in voice chat, and keep letting your teammates know "we've got this"
Someone suggested ioStux. Good stuff. Check his sensitivity find video (First step is to find a good sens for aim characters).
Then work on your mechanical skill.
It took me about 3 months to go from no aim no brain mercy/dva main to someone who went from 700 SR to 1520 SR in one sit, about 15 matches, hard carrying all of them and laughing (a friend's account). So it speaks lots how I went from someone who could barely shoot targets to someone who can easily 1v4-1v5 in Bronze no issues.
Also currently I can be "top 4" on FFA in lobbies with diamond players on it (don't know why FFA matchmaking is so screwed up tbh, I'm just a low gold player), with widow.

I just practiced by ... well.. playing DPS. Soldier is the best on bronze IMHO since you have speed and heals. And we know bronze healers are sadly subpar so you cannot depend on them. Just work on your tracking and headshotting and work hard on it, maybe do QP (QP is a joke nowadays so don't think of filling there, just instalock Soldier and practice, I see QP as a training range with humans nowadays).
Honestly if u feel like u have improved in the game a descision u might want to look into is buying a new account . This gives u a fresh sr so u can prove ur abilities . Win 4 out of 10 games in placements and ur in gold just like that
after playing for 4 seasons (i don't play much comps), i think i've finally found what i'm best at. being an OFF-TANK.

i have potato aim so dps is a no-go for me. i can play support but it is too reliant on my teammates picks. if i'm getting dived and my teammates ignore me and the divers, i'm doomed.

so playing OFF-TANK: winston, d.va, zarya (mostly previous seasons), is what i'm best at. i don't have to be in the frontline and beg for dps' support. i can dive the enemy backline or work my way around it. won't work always, but works more often than not for me.

started the season at 900+ and now i'm 1400 with 58% winrate. it's slow, but yeah, i think it is possible to climb, even in solo que. you just have to play a lot of games and keep a positive mental attitude.

PMA, kids. PMA. it really helps.
I went from 500 to 1200 recently.
Talk to your team on 2CP, tell them when and where to go in, cause they won't know what to do. Tell them to group up and not go in alone. Like on attacking Anubis, tell them all to go in the left tunnel together. This works so well in bronze.

I played Symmetra on KotH, always get to point first, set up turret nest, always use shield generator. I have 80% winrate with her.
On defense maps I use Torb if we have a barrier tank. Or I go Orisa if we have no tank.
On attack I use Zenyatta if we have good DPS and I support him by healing and discord orbing his targets. Seems to work.
If we don't have any good DPS I use Pharah, cause no one looks up in Bronze.
09/15/2017 10:22 PMPosted by Cheesecake

If we don't have any good DPS I use Pharah, cause no one looks up in Bronze.

sad but true.
09/03/2017 06:47 AMPosted by SleepyBear
I am very bad at overwatch according to my sr which is 508. I have been trying to get out of bronze since the start of season 4. I don't know what I need to learn and how to learn it to get out of bronze. I recorded games months ago for my friend to see them but he couldn't help me. I play pharah and torbjorn a lot now. I need about 20 - 30 consecutive wins I think to get out of bronze. I think that I might be stuck in the 500 - 800 sr range. What should I do? Any advice?

Find an Orisa friend. she will give you space to get your turret up, and keep it up. Oh and practice using your Torb gun in the practice range. His gun is crazy powerful. look on the net for a good practice routine. Its look dumb, but damn it work.

Team up
Be cancer
Win games.
my preferred carry in low rank games is mccree, pocketed. Simply because of his ability to wipe out everything quickly and the lack of tanks and DM.

Else it would be tracer for solo carry and kill. I don't suppose anyone in bronze can hit a tracer anyways.

Lots of complains about Genji by the low skilled players. but anyone who plays genji knows he is not good enough. until he gets a buff, he just does not seem as good as mccree or tracer.

Soldier is the most versatile, but not as deadly.
You have 4 hours on Rein with a 68% winrate. If you keep that up youll be in silver in no time.
create a new account. come play with me. ik im only platinum but passed seasons have screwed me and so many others up to XD
09/03/2017 06:47 AMPosted by SleepyBear
I am very bad at overwatch according to my sr which is 508. I have been trying to get out of bronze since the start of season 4. I don't know what I need to learn and how to learn it to get out of bronze. I recorded games months ago for my friend to see them but he couldn't help me. I play pharah and torbjorn a lot now. I need about 20 - 30 consecutive wins I think to get out of bronze. I think that I might be stuck in the 500 - 800 sr range. What should I do? Any advice?

I see you are playing more tanks then anything else. You seem to be doing ok playing DPS like soldier however. Soldier can self sustain and retreat which makes him stronger at that level as long as you can hit things which by your stats you seem to be able to do. Tanks can get you on the objective and stay on it but they are less able to remove the enemy from it especially of your team does not know how to work with a tank.

In bronze, players will likely not group up or play the objective. If you can eliminate the enemy that does get on the objective then you just win. You likely will not need to start to have more team play until mid silver.

When I was in bronze and low silver I got out by playing Roadhog who at the time could kill most targets with his hook combo. He could heal himself and was harder to kill. You can still do the same now but he does struggle more to eliminate targets by himself.

It's up to you how you want to do it but sustain and the ability to remove the enemy from the objective while being able to stay on it is how you do it.
The enemy will give you all the space you need so there is little need for a tank to make that happen for you.