Season 6 is the worst season

Competitive Discussion
Highly Rated
Blizzard, as a top 500 player for seasons 2, 3, and 4, I will genuinely tell you that this season is by far THE worst season to ever occur. The player base is decaying amongst the higher ranks and everyone wants to play dps, no one heals, and the game loses its "Team" aspect. No one wants to work together anymore.

37 games played into this season and over and over again, we have 3+ dps for more than half of those games, and no game ever feels professional anymore. I started at 4237 SR and plopped down into the low 4000s now which I havent been into for 4 seasons now.

The team needs to build a system where people can choose their roles from the beginning, I see no other way. People's cruddy mindset is only increasing exponentially and they are starting to care less about their rank, and only play certain heroes.

Alternate accounts are also a really big issue, when it comes to people not caring about their account's rank, and doing what they so please. I know this isn't the most well written complaint, but it's really got to me after 813 hrs played.
I agree, so one wants to play healers or tanks anymore. I find myself always playing mercy(Who I hate playing), or roadhog(Who I like to play but often find myself playing with 1 healer).
Funny that you say that the game base decaying. In the EU server, I encounter many times the same players I played with earlier in the day. I wonder how many people are online..
09/04/2017 01:16 PMPosted by unexpected
People's cruddy mindset is only increasing exponentially and they are starting to care less about their rank, and only play certain heroes.

[/quote]

I have no problem saying this is me. I tried to be a team player after my placements but losing 10 in a row being the only healer in a bastion/genji/pahrah/mcree/Dva team, I'm done. Not to mention the leavers/throwers.

I'm a Junkrat player and insta-locking every chance I get. I know I'm not getting out of silver ever with this terrible matchmaking so I'm playing to have fun.
Should've been implemented from S1. Expecting 6 random players in solo queue to actually build a decent comp every game is ridiculous. And it's been this way from S1 but it's becoming increasingly more difficult to find players willing to switch for the sake of the team. After all its their $30 purchase why on earth would they switch right? Especially when these players are prodigys and the rules of balance do not apply to them. They'll carry.

In all seriousness...I'm sick of tanking for players that bully the entire team to build around THEIR own pick because it was THEIR money they spent. Ive even felt the right to pick a hero I've been wanting to play despite the fact that there is already 3 dps on the team. People get sick of being bullied out of a role and it's no wonder the mentality is becoming more severe. The role picking needs to start before players are even in a match together. And offer a quick way for players to swap roles with eachother. And it really just needs to happen for the sake of reducing toxicity levels and cyber bullying. Only Blizzard can prevent toxicity increasings.
09/04/2017 01:26 PMPosted by Lilshark99
I agree, so one wants to play healers or tanks anymore. I find myself always playing mercy(Who I hate playing), or roadhog(Who I like to play but often find myself playing with 1 healer).

Exactly, I've gotten to the point where in comp I only play healers because no one else plays them. I find playing mercy for 55 minutes so far this season really boring, I want to play other characters but I will either be screamed at for my choice or the team will throw because there's no healer. Like someone else said, it would be nice to choose a hero, (or even just a role would be ok) then the system makes teams based on that so you have at least one tank and healer but hopefully more.
Just wondering, what servers do you guys play on? I play on EU and i finished my placements a couple of days ago. The people I got in my game were so friendly and cooperative! I only lost 1 game out of the 10 but it was still great because everyone worked together and it was a blast! Maybe you guys just got unlucky with the people you were playing with? I got put with people around 2800 sr. So far, on EU platinum rank seems so greeting and comforting. We honestly all had a good laugh in every game.
Blizzard, as a top 500 player for seasons 2, 3, and 4, I will genuinely tell you that this season is by far THE worst season to ever occur. The player base is decaying amongst the higher ranks and everyone wants to play dps, no one heals, and the game loses its "Team" aspect. No one wants to work together anymore.

37 games played into this season and over and over again, we have 3+ dps for more than half of those games, and no game ever feels professional anymore. I started at 4237 SR and plopped down into the low 4000s now which I havent been into for 4 seasons now.

The team needs to build a system where people can choose their roles from the beginning, I see no other way. People's cruddy mindset is only increasing exponentially and they are starting to care less about their rank, and only play certain heroes.

Alternate accounts are also a really big issue, when it comes to people not caring about their account's rank, and doing what they so please. I know this isn't the most well written complaint, but it's really got to me after 813 hrs played.

As one of these mysterious Tank/Support players it is due to us not getting new heroes that are actually worth playing. So we left to go play something else.

The only new Tank/Healer that has been introduced since the game launched was Ana and they nerfed her to hell and back. Orisa is a joke and no one truly wants to play her.

In comparison both new offensive heroes are interesting and fun to play. Sombra/DF.

It is truly a wonder why people left...

Secondly, many people believe that Tanks and Support are mindless roles and that DPS is the only "skilled" role. Why would we put up with that ridicule day in and day out?

It is truly a wonder why people left...

Lastly, the guy above me is a HiddenSquid impersonator and I hate him for it.

I'm a flex player whose been playing in low GM for at least 3 seasons now (I lost the will to do the usual grind to GM)

I'm losing a lot of games where people decide to instalock dps (you can have something like 3-5 people locking dps most of the time and never switch)

It's currently the most fun role to play IMO because the other classes are lacking (I find tank boring and I find healer to be fun but unrewarding)

I wanted to start instalocking dps too because people don't seem to care anymore. The attitude people had towards me in S5 made me want to throw up. Someone once told me that I'm just a "filthy support main" and that the reason that people don't give me dps is because I suck and they let better players like himself take on the role because he's just a much better player. Well dude, I'm the one washing your butt and receive no reward whatsoever for doing so.

The big problem is that Blizzard don't reward flexing. Jeff said he'd rather have the best genji in the world on genji rather than zarya.

Everyone goes for dps because 3/4 of the top 500 ladder is filled with DPS mains. It feels a lot easier to climb there with DPS if you have the motivation ( I don't have it anymore, this game is flawed in so many ways)

Also seeing a Mercy main get boosted by one of the best (if not the best) Widowmaker on the ladder yesterday (I also encountered them yesterday) discouraged me. I don't have anyone to duo with, all the rank I achieve on my main is in solo queue and seeing someone climbing to gm with a top 500 player doesn't make me want to try anymore. The ranks don't really represent your skill anymore.

The only thing keeping me in the game right now is the team I have for university. I'm on a DPS role for my team but I don't get to practice it on ladder anymore because of all these instalocks.

This game is boring now.
There isn't enough being added to the game to keep people interested. So they're literally joining games out of boredom and routine. It's so easy to just hop into a Blizzard game which is half the reason they're like crack. Then you get in there and are reminded of how much angers you about the current state of the game.

A D.Va in every single game no questions asked, hopping around and holding right click, swallowing everything. With a fix around the corner that will turn her into a DPS that will probably ruin the game even more. Making every Ult in the game ridiculously overpowered. Compared to the current state where you essentially have to make sure D.Va is out of mech before you do anything.

A Mercy in every game with mass res that has a cooldown of like 8 seconds, with perfect changes on the PTR for a few weeks, but still no implementation into competitive.

A new insta pick Junkrat on every single team, rando spamming orbs of death and traps. Who when D.Va gets nerfed will be 2x as powerful.

Other irritating things like clunky one shot mechanics on Doomfist, scatter arrow on Hanzo that a bronze can land pretty much 98% of the time.

Among a million other issues that higher ranked players likely have that I'm not even aware of.

A new map and a new hero once every 6 months that no one plays.

People are just queuing up out of habit and comfort. They get into the game realize how miserable it makes them, either due to the state of the game or the lack of incentive/new content, or both... and either troll or leave.

I personally just uninstalled and REALLY hope I can resist reinstalling until Destiny 2 comes out. OW just doesn't make me happy anymore.

tl;dr the game is just getting boring and stale, and has issues plaguing it that are driving people nuts. coupled with a lack of new content and incentive to play, people are queuing up out of boredom and once they're in game realize they don't want to be there, which leads to trolling/griefing/leaving.

in b4 i've reinstalled by the weekend.
09/06/2017 12:25 PMPosted by Garbage
There isn't enough being added to the game to keep people interested. So they're literally joining games out of boredom and routine. It's so easy to just hop into a Blizzard game which is half the reason they're like crack. Then you get in there and are reminded of how much angers you about the current state of the game.

A D.Va in every single game no questions asked, hopping around and holding right click, swallowing everything. With a fix around the corner that will turn her into a DPS that will probably ruin the game even more. Making every Ult in the game ridiculously overpowered. Compared to the current state where you essentially have to make sure D.Va is out of mech before you do anything.

A Mercy in every game with mass res that has a cooldown of like 8 seconds, with perfect changes on the PTR for a few weeks, but still no implementation into competitive.

A new insta pick Junkrat on every single team, rando spamming orbs of death and traps. Who when D.Va gets nerfed will be 2x as powerful.

Other irritating things like clunky one shot mechanics on Doomfist, scatter arrow on Hanzo that a bronze can land pretty much 98% of the time.

Among a million other issues that higher ranked players likely have that I'm not even aware of.

A new map and a new hero that no one plays once every 6 months.

People are just queuing up out of habit and comfort. They get into the game realize how miserable it makes them and either troll or leave.

I personally just uninstalled and REALLY hope I can resist reinstalling until Destiny 2 comes out. OW just doesn't make me happy anymore.

Feels like your name represents your thoughts on Overwatch xD
At least there are some new super cool games coming out over the next few months.
09/06/2017 12:26 PMPosted by JoKeR

A new map and a new hero that no one plays once every 6 months.

People are just queuing up out of habit and comfort. They get into the game realize how miserable it makes them and either troll or leave.

Feels like your name represents your thoughts on Overwatch xD

Well now I know I have a heart, because it's broken.
Switch to Paladins, it's like Overwatch but not trash.
The game is honestly broken and blizzard are to busy kissing YouTubers and streamer rear ends as they think that's what keeps a game alive.

This game seems to always deal with the wrong issues and patch the wrong things.

GENJI
Swift strike has the range of a bloody bus. It's a strike I should not be worrying about getting him down the end of a hallway by it.

ZARA
Can we address the fact that her range is ridiculous for the type of hero she is supposed to be. She can pop a shield and melt a soldier while in his heal in a matter of seconds and it's impossible to get distance as the range is retarded. Give her a shield give her decent dos but don't let her melt people from 30 feet away.

SYMMETRA
Ok really a bloody primary that will hit people nearly 180 degrees to your cross hair. REALLY. Can we actually force her to aim rather than just holding the button down and hitting some one no matter were they are.

Pharmacy
Ok how many seasons of this are we going to have before it's dealt with. Yeah ok on pc it's ok to counter but on console its practically a nightmare even with 50% accuracy. Mercy should not be a bloody pocket medic for airborne hero. And you knew what you was doing as why else would you allow mercy to float

I don't care about pro players or prople who get paid 150000 to do nothing but play a game . For the 90% player base who actually have jobs and life's fix this broken damn game.
Stop worrying about stupid cinematic or silly comics and spend some time fixing this tripe
@unexpected

You explained what I have been complaining about for a while. I keep saying how unfair the matches are and how my team is always the one who have 4 DPS or more DPS who can't get any elims. No healers and no tanks. I end up having to play healer or tank but we still lose because the DPS are terrible.

In a recent match I played healer, we had 4 DPS and 1 tank. We were getting destroyed. So I had to literally beg my team to let me play DPS and one of then play the healer on the final round. We finally won a round with me being DPS and I easily got Gold Elims and Gold Objective kills in just one round.

Then for no reason while we were winning and after having just won the last round the healer goes back to DPS and the Tank goes to a defense player. Now we have no healer or tank and ended up losing.

That happens in QP but stuff like that should not happen in Comp.

For these very reason I too have lost almost 1,000 SR. I have been over 2500 SR (Averaging 2700) for the last two Seasons. Then this Season I lost the first 10 matches in a row due to this stuff and I dropped to 1800. Now when I win a match I don't get very much SR because the system wants me down here instead of letting me get back to where I belong which is Plat. If I lost a match then I lost double the amount of SR. (I have been in Plat for three Seasons until now)
Even as a support main, I'm sick of this !@#$. Every single game is 5 DPS, a junkrat peppering me with 50 hits of random dmg and toxic team mates. Between that and my MMR trying to tank me, I literally have no reason to play comp any more.

I even went back to League of Legends today. Do you know how bad that is? It's like going back to your ex-boyfriend who beat you saying "Dis new %^-*! is crazy, please for the love of god keep him away!"
You guys are going to tell me it's a stupid thought, but I'm still filling today because I know if I'd go full on DPS, I'd probably drop SR. I mean how can you stay in GM if you don't get to practice the role ever? And if that happens, people can continue on being toxic because nothing is done with these players, the report system is crap. So, to be at ease I just fill so people don't give me !@#$ for playing DPS and laughing at my rank lol.
well i thought 1 was the worst, but i can understand why 6+5 are considered the way they are. which is namely due to team compositions and balance issues and complete lack of integrity or compensation for trolls/griefs/throwers.

theres just nothing that can be done right now except for play with friends, the moment you try to work with the children you are matched with as they are the majority is the moment you subject yourself to xbox live / call of duty chat and everything that that brings.

ultimately what needs to happen is those players all play with themselves and anyone who has a shred of decency plays with other players who are decent people, its the only way to appease everyone.

i want to play reinhardt/lucio/mei, but ultimately i cant play mei because we have 4 dps already, and my lucio/rein wins are compeltely subjected to whether or not my idiot dps want to stand behind the shield or run in front of it and kill themselves, that doesn't stop, even in plat elo apparently, they still dont know any better.

im still plagued with 1k SR differential duos trying to boost the 1700 silver scrub who has no buisiness being in gold, let alone platinum.

im insulted by the complete lack of reprimand for the person who troll picks and spams just enough to avoid the afk/auto kick timer.

i feel cheated in more than 1/3rd of my games which should be do overs or just deleted because its competitive and the system just did not find 12 players who want to win or push a payload. but here we are, all 12 of us being judged by the performance system despite there being a hiccup to say the least.
I'm usually playing duo, but with someone who has to play 90% of the time as tank cause no one else does and me as support. You can see I played Mercy this season for already 14 hours. 98% I have to solo heal and this is only possible as Mercy or sometimes Lucio. On console Ana is not an option as solo heal. Basically the other person and me have to carry the dps onetricks almost any match and every win is hard fought.

But even then we got destroyed by a full dps team, no healer, no tank. Made me question how important heals and tanks really are nowadays... Looks to me like they just gonna turn every class into a dps class more or less. Because it's just so much "fun"...

It's kinda tiring. No one really seems to care anymore.