New res, bug or intended?

PTR Bug Report
New res is the ONLY cooldown ability who's CD is NOT reset on deaths/respawn.
Is this a bug? or is it meant to be this way?
I noticed this too during a game today. Be nice to know if it's a bug or not.
Yeah it's kinda annoying when you just respawned, fly into the fight, smash E and nothing happens because it is still on cooldown although you just respawned. Would be really interesting if this is intentional or not.
It's probably very much intended, it's a highly impactful ability and in certain situations it could be exploitable to have it reset upon death when you're on defense, like during the second control point capture or during the last stage of payload deliver
I feel like this is meant to stop you from flying in, ressing, dying, flying in, ressing again. Death as a means of cutting that 30 second cooldown into a 5 second one is a bit... Counter intuitive.
I hope it is a bug. After all those nerfs, why she must be the only hero that don't reset her skill at death? Pls. It's so rude.
If it is not a bug I would like to point out to anyone who would say it is just that impactful of an ability, look at sleep dart, 12 second cooldown and removes a character from the fight, possibly even guaranteeing a kill on them skill shot slow moving small projectile, now look at resurrect, 30 second cooldown, brings a single character back into the fight, already proving on PTR that the person brought back is usually dead within seconds after being alive anyway, 5 meter range, which means you have to but yourself at great risk to be able to use the ability. Please tell me it is a bug, because it is not the most impactful ability in the game in its current state.
I was playing Junkrat last night, I used both my mines and got killed, when I respawned I noticed that one of my mines were still on cooldown.

Mercy is not the only one whose cooldown is affected by respawning, it's just that her cooldown for the abillity is a long one so it more noticeable when she dies with it.
09/04/2017 05:07 PMPosted by Phantombit
If it is not a bug I would like to point out to anyone who would say it is just that impactful of an ability, look at sleep dart, 12 second cooldown and removes a character from the fight, possibly even guaranteeing a kill on them skill shot slow moving small projectile, now look at resurrect, 30 second cooldown, brings a single character back into the fight, already proving on PTR that the person brought back is usually dead within seconds after being alive anyway, 5 meter range, which means you have to but yourself at great risk to be able to use the ability. Please tell me it is a bug, because it is not the most impactful ability in the game in its current state.

Sleep dart needs to be aimed, can be eaten/shielded and cancelled by damage and only lasts 6 seconds to begin with. What I'm trying to say is that this ability requires a lot of skill and coordination

You should be able to consistently get a res off with minimal communication between team mates. ALSO when your ultimate ability is up you will be able to res 4 players in 20 seconds. I would assume this mechanic is here to minimise people switching to mercy on defence for cheesy strats where you walk out res, die, rinse and repeat. You describe a situation where you res and the person instantly does again and I think it would skew to the direction that it was a bad decision to res that player in the first place. The way mercy will be played in the future has changed and when you do and do not press E will greatly change the outcome of your matches.

I highly recommend you take some time to do a bit of research as to how other high ranked players use the new ability and play the hero :)
08/26/2017 11:04 PMPosted by Merciless
New res is the ONLY cooldown ability who's CD is NOT reset on deaths/respawn.
Is this a bug? or is it meant to be this way?

Are you out of your mind? Imagine Volskaya B with a defending Mercy dying and resurrecting a player every 10 seconds.
Intentional. How would it be fair to rez someone, kill yourself and have another rez?

(tlyk, you can technically do this be changing hero, than changing back to mercy. it is a very abusive bug)
It is just the only ability with a CD long enough that it is still on CD when you respawn. The rest are short enough that they would be off CD when you respawn.
As DangerNoodle (best name) says, it's actually just the only CD that's noticeable. I've died as Ana the moment I hit sleep, and respawned with it still on CD...so it's actually all abilities. I guess this applies to Hanzo too...but filthy Hanzo Mains have no say here. ;)