Reaper needs more buffing

General Discussion
my question is why can't reaper cancel out of his wraith form, like mei can do in her ice block. Wouldn't change much, would just be able to through off people following reaper up to try to finish the kill
I think reapers fine. When dva gets DM nerfed, we're gonna see more Reapers. If pharah gets nerfed, then he's Back to season 2 shape again
The only buff Reaper probably needs (if he even needs one) is to be able to cancel Wraith. But all in all, Reaper is very strong, and he's gonna be even stronger once PTR D.Va goes live (if they don't buff her back up).

That said, his ult could probably use a nerf when that time comes. Because when the D.Va change hits, Reapers ult will be one of the most powerful offensive ults, rivaling that of Genji's. Reaper's ult comes without warning and kills instantly. It'll have very little counter play now that DM is almost nonexistent.
09/04/2017 01:48 PMPosted by PapaBear
Maybe only 1 of these but all of these would make him OP

Not even close to op
Just cause he gets a few buffs doesn't make him into a god.
What's with this community being against buffs for any hero that isn't genji or tracer. Go sht on someone else's parade
09/04/2017 02:06 PMPosted by Espurr
I honestly believe Reaper is perfectly fine

says the guy with zero hours
No he does his job insanely well. He was always meant to be a tank buster.
Now Roadhogs run in fear because they can do nothing to him.
Shadowstep is way to niche to be a good ability.

Reaper is next to unusable on open maps due to Pharah countering him extremely hard.

He suffers from perhaps the hardest damage falloff in the game.

His ult cannot even kill some heroes.
I don't think you realize how powerful his new passive is.
He can now sustain himself very well. He can cut through tanks like butter.
Don't use him on open maps it really helps.
09/04/2017 03:01 PMPosted by Gamecrazys
No he does his job insanely well. He was always meant to be a tank buster.
Now Roadhogs run in fear because they can do nothing to him.

The tanks he cant get near due to his loud footsteps and awful abilities
I think reapers fine. When dva gets DM nerfed, we're gonna see more Reapers. If pharah gets nerfed, then he's Back to season 2 shape again

Good. I hope we see that.

The game is in a better spot when Reaper is one of the core DPS because he has many counters across different types of heroes. He is far from weak, but he is also not OP, broken or unfair in any way.

I think this game would be way more fun if we saw more Reaper, McCree and Soldier, and less Genji, Tracer and Pharah.
09/04/2017 02:09 PMPosted by TheC
Dont ever make a suggestion that could make him become even a soft counter to certain crutch hitbox heroes. It will always be downvoted or nerfed to hell the second it goes live from those heroes mains complaining.
Such heroes that I can think of at the top of my head are usually greatly mobile or outside of Reaper's effective range.
09/04/2017 02:28 PMPosted by HK47
reaper is getting indirectly buffed by defense matrix being nerfed

hes going to be more popular than he was, he doesnt need any changes

i will fix that:
Every DPS is getting indirectly buffed by defense matrix being nerfed

they are going to be more popular than he was, he doesnt need any changes

(my point is that every other DPS will have the same benefits so reaper still in the same place)
Reaper is already getting a buff, its called "nerfing Dva's DM"
I think it would be pretty cool if his shadow step left a portal open for a couple seconds that allies could use