Farewell and Good Luck!

Competitive Discussion
It was a pleasure to play with many of you and to discuss this game. I would offer personal thank yous but I have a very short leash these days... You know who you are.

When I started OW my goal was to be top 10 on a hero. I achieved that, but as I leave this game I wish I had spent more time playing with the people I enjoyed playing the game alongside instead of pursuing my own goals. For the last few months I have played with people in the lower brackets, and that was more fun and rewarding for me than a rank and an emblem.

This is a great game and if you play it with the right mindset, not only will you have more fun, you will also improve much more quickly. I wish you all the best in season 6 and life, and remember, making OW a better community starts with you.

- HiddenSquid
I wanna cry now.

Why??? Why???
08/21/2017 08:38 AMPosted by StRode
I wanna cry now.

Why??? Why???

I'm pursuing a personal endeavour that will be eating up a lot of my spare time. That and I'm losing interest in OW for now.
08/21/2017 08:43 AMPosted by HiddenSquid
That and I'm losing interest in OW for now.

Yesterday I saw my hours in competitive and this is by far the season with less hours so I understand you.

I wish you luck in whatever you do Squid. And you're right, playing alone and for personal goals is not as fun as playing with your friends and having a good time... at the end none of us is getting any money from this game so why take it so seriously.
Best of luck.
I'd be lying if I said the forum backlash from low-ranked players didn't play a role in this.
08/21/2017 09:26 AMPosted by INeedHealing
This will sound stupid and it's probably because i'm super high but i'm heartbroken and on the verge of tears to see you go.

You sir, are by far and a long shot the best person i met in this community, and your positivity and good vibes are insanely contagious.

The rest i already said it to you. I wish i could post from my other account but, you know...

I appreciate your words. Playing and talking with people like you are the two things I will miss most about this game.

08/21/2017 09:15 AMPosted by BBW
I'd be lying if I said the forum backlash from low-ranked players didn't play a role in this.

A particular subset of the OW community made playing the game and posting on the forums a lot less enjoyable.
Squid,

Good luck in your future endeavors. Sad to see you go, but hopefully you will come back at some point.

Take care
Oh no!

Good luck in your future endeavors.
And then, when you leave you see how many people actually respect you...
Good luck to you squid! You will always be my favorite Mercy! Thank you for your kind words and advice as well as your entertaining streams. Hope to see you in the future sometime.
Finally, finally after waiting out my stupid ban do I get comment on this.

Sorry to see you go mate. Youre one of the few players in OW that I truly wanted to play with on a daily basis. Whenever I was wrapping up my stream and playing on my main I would come over and tune into yours because I wanted to play with you.

I won't lie and say that I figured this was coming. After you had went on a trip for a week and then came back and still didn't stream I figured something was up.

I noticed you streamed the last few days but weren't getting the standard viewership you usually get. Figuring once again something was up.

I'm sad to see you go but at the same time I understand. Your family calls and the real world beckons for you.

Maybe in the future we can play together again.
Bye. If the game is still alive, maybe we will see you in a few months/years.
Bye.
GL squid, hope it pans out.
Typical hit and run responses would be:

Bye, Felicia
See you next week on Overwatch
Mad cause Bad

None of which I'm going to say ;) Good luck dood!
08/21/2017 08:23 AMPosted by HiddenSquid
It was a pleasure to play with many of you and to discuss this game. I would offer personal thank yous but I have a very short leash these days... You know who you are.

When I started OW my goal was to be top 10 on a hero. I achieved that, but as I leave this game I wish I had spent more time playing with the people I enjoyed playing the game alongside instead of pursuing my own goals. For the last few months I have played with people in the lower brackets, and that was more fun and rewarding for me than a rank and an emblem.

This is a great game and if you play it with the right mindset, not only will you have more fun, you will also improve much more quickly. I wish you all the best in season 6 and life, and remember, making OW a better community starts with you.

- HiddenSquid

Hey man, sad to see you go! Thanks so much for all of the coaching and helping me develop as a Mercy player!

Best of luck to you with your future plans!