Love how the dev's don't respond to DVA

General Discussion
08/23/2017 11:31 AMPosted by Crestren
Im pretty sure they're gonna add in next week when the PTR goes live for the junk, orisa and etc buffs and the new PTR would be Dva's changes and a few others. Im playing devils advocate here, the original thread that the devs responded was about Dva having a rework, devs responded on what they're gonna do with her and havent given FULL details on the entire change is, it was more or less a brief/ summary on whats to come to Dva

So lets just wait until the PTR comes and then we'll be able to give our feedback.

I don't know if you know this but the ptr is for catching glitches and bugs only, not for feedback on game play, they don't care about our opinions on the matter, Jeff made a whole video about it.

https://youtu.be/ibPLyx8QWYc

We are free labor game testers, and they feed us [removed] about taking our opinions, when throughout history they have never taken a player's opinion on any hero changes. So, yeah, there's that too.

Let's see...
•Blanket ult nerf (-25%) back when the game was a bigger ultfest than it is now
•Genji nerfs in August/Genji bugfixes
•Pharah mobility buffs back when she was weak
•Doomfist RP hitbox reduced
•Reaper life-steal+quieter sound effects
•McCree flashbang stopping mobility and a better ult
•Sombra QoL improvements (Translocator giving immunity) and general buffs (4sec Translocator)
•Mei ult rate nerf
•Torb hammer swing speed buff+passive scrap regeneration
•Bastion being able to move while self healing+faster config swapping
•Widow hook cooldowm decreased+Venom Mine made more useful
•Junk tire buffs and more mines
•Rein bugs fixed
•D.Va self destruct buffs (used to be 4sec detonation time and could kill the D.Va that cast it), faster movement speed while firing, DM deadzone removed, DM bot playstyle being reworked
•Orisa barrier covering the area below it more and some sort of buff for her weapon (faster bullet speed)
•Zarya beam tickrate made better
•Mercy being able to move while ulting, buffed HPS (used to be 55 iirc), rez's targets being able to move faster after being rez'd, damage buff that was complained about reverted (during PTR it was a 50% increase which would let a boosted McCree oneshot certain heroes with crits), rez invulnerability to stop rez from being a suicide mission, being able to rez from spawn removed
•Lucio revamped to turn him into a more exciting and less passive/easy hero while still being strong
•Zen health buff and trans buffs (used to be 200HPS and no movement speed increase)
•Symm tele health increased

But nope, they've never taken community feedback into account!!111!1!
08/23/2017 11:25 AMPosted by P0W3RH0U53
I don't think people realize how quickly she goes down when she does not have defense matrix. Watch her melt like butter, and remember I told you so.

Personally, I don't rely on the DM to keep me safe. Maybe that's just me. Why are D.Va mains in full panic mode when no one has even tried out the changes yet. Idgi.
08/23/2017 12:23 PMPosted by nyx
08/23/2017 11:25 AMPosted by P0W3RH0U53
I don't think people realize how quickly she goes down when she does not have defense matrix. Watch her melt like butter, and remember I told you so.

Personally, I don't rely on the DM to keep me safe. Maybe that's just me. Why are D.Va mains in full panic mode when no one has even tried out the changes yet. Idgi.

Because she is easiest tank to kill without DM up because of her crit box size. Road can heal, though Road is in an awful place now, Rein sheild, Orisa Shield, Zarya shield and they all have way less of a crit box.

DVA is easy to kill without DM, at the moment, if they change crit size then thats different, and if they give her armor again, that is also different.
08/23/2017 12:25 PMPosted by P0W3RH0U53
Because she is easiest tank to kill without DM up because of her crit box size. Road can heal, though Road is in an awful place now, Rein sheild, Orisa Shield, Zarya shield and they all have way less of a crit box.

DVA is easy to kill without DM, at the moment, if they change crit size then thats different, and if they give her armor again, that is also different.

Do you just stand there getting bullets flung your way? Don't you boost away into safety if possible?
DVA was never meant to be a rein or an orisa, she was meant to be something like Winston a BULLY
08/23/2017 11:43 AMPosted by Mastodon
08/23/2017 11:31 AMPosted by Crestren
Im pretty sure they're gonna add in next week when the PTR goes live for the junk, orisa and etc buffs and the new PTR would be Dva's changes and a few others. Im playing devils advocate here, the original thread that the devs responded was about Dva having a rework, devs responded on what they're gonna do with her and havent given FULL details on the entire change is, it was more or less a brief/ summary on whats to come to Dva

So lets just wait until the PTR comes and then we'll be able to give our feedback.

I don't know if you know this but the ptr is for catching glitches and bugs only, not for feedback on game play, they don't care about our opinions on the matter, Jeff made a whole video about it.

https://youtu.be/ibPLyx8QWYc

We are free labor game testers, and they feed us bull!@#$ about taking our opinions, when throughout history they have never taken a player's opinion on any hero changes. So, yeah, there's that too.

That was damage control after they were unwilling to actually use the PTR as they claimed they would here.

https://web.archive.org/web/20161119011350/http://us.battle.net:80/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20749877229

They lied about the fact that they were actually going to make changes once stuff hit the PTR, they later lied about the fact that "everyone loved the changes", when most were heavily argued against including extra 100 HP for D.Va, infinite flight for Pharah, and Soldier 76's OP 20 damage. Then they made this video while burying this thread in the archives as if it never existed. After all of that, and more, I'm hesitant to believe Blizzard's words at face value.
08/23/2017 12:46 PMPosted by Apollo
DVA was never meant to be a rein or an orisa, she was meant to be something like Winston a BULLY

Posted by Geoff Goodman
I have talked about D.Va changes in the past, but unfortunately it just isn't what people want to hear. I understand people are frustrated that she lost a bit of her 'bully' nature before, and really want to play her that way again. The reality is she was too good at too many things and something had to give.

I know that, given the choice, many people would sacrifice power from her tools like Defense Matrix if it allowed her to be played in a more super aggressive role like she did for a time. Overall the concept of a giant mech wreaking havok and dealing a ton of damage as an offense or defense hero is a cool one, but D.Va just isn't built for that. That said, clearly there is a strong desire for that kind of hero and it certainly would be sweet to make another mech-type hero in that space, so that's something for us to consider looking forward.

"never" lol, sit down bud.
Even when the changes hit the PTR, they probably won't respond to any feedback for at least a few weeks, and only valid feedback, e.i., bug related, confusing or unintuitive functionality, etc. It shouldn't come as a surprise people will put in their token 5 minutes - 1 hour on the PTR and claim she's garbage now without even really bothering to comprehend let alone master the changes.

And for what it's worth, doubtful these changes are because D.va mains hated playing a "DM bot," but rather that people disliked that they really had no recourse while under the watchful gaze of the almighty D.va, swatter of bullets.
08/23/2017 12:46 PMPosted by Apollo

Posted by Geoff Goodman
I have talked about D.Va changes in the past, but unfortunately it just isn't what people want to hear. I understand people are frustrated that she lost a bit of her 'bully' nature before, and really want to play her that way again. The reality is she was too good at too many things and something had to give.

I know that, given the choice, many people would sacrifice power from her tools like Defense Matrix if it allowed her to be played in a more super aggressive role like she did for a time. Overall the concept of a giant mech wreaking havok and dealing a ton of damage as an offense or defense hero is a cool one, but D.Va just isn't built for that. That said, clearly there is a strong desire for that kind of hero and it certainly would be sweet to make another mech-type hero in that space, so that's something for us to consider looking forward.

"never" lol, sit down bud.

That post from Geoff still bothers me. "Hey we know you like playing as this character this way, and it is kind of cool. We just don't want you doing it with this character, we will make a new one in the future just how you want!".
9 months go by and DVA still crushing it in the pro scene. I just don't understand forums logic sometimes.
08/23/2017 02:37 PMPosted by Jordan
9 months go by and DVA still crushing it in the pro scene. I just don't understand forums logic sometimes.

Her viability isn't the main complaint right now. Right now she's considered unfun by many D.Va players, and unfun to play against by many others.
Yeah that's the issue. DM is potent but it's basically a "no fun allowed" button for both sides involved.
08/23/2017 11:23 AMPosted by GreyFalcon
At least Dva is getting adequately compensated.

Roadhog got tossed in the gutter. And he's still in the gutter on PTR.
He's not in the gutter you idiot, learn to play him. If you know how to play him he is amazing. Oh would you look at that, Plat. typical plat not taking the TIME to learn the new hog.
Shut up, your main's getting buffed. I see no reason to b!tch about it.
08/23/2017 02:54 PMPosted by BaboonSlayer
Shut up, your main's getting buffed. I see no reason to b!tch about it.

It's not a buff though. It's a rework. Her role is changing somewhat and her strengths are shifted.
08/23/2017 11:23 AMPosted by GreyFalcon
At least Dva is getting adequately compensated.

Roadhog got tossed in the gutter. And he's still in the gutter on PTR.
He's not in the gutter you idiot, learn to play him. If you know how to play him he is amazing. Oh would you look at that, Plat. typical plat not taking the TIME to learn the new hog.

Is that why he has one of the lowest pickrates and winrates in the very top % of the ladder?

0.27% pickrate, 44.62% winrate in GM (PC). Bastion has a better win % than Road does (51.81%).

Even the #1 Roadhog has admitted how trashy he's become a few times. It's not a matter of "git gud".
08/23/2017 11:23 AMPosted by AdunSaveMe
Because, like reasonable people, they're going to wait and see how the changes play out before listening to the Doom & Gloomers.

No. They're going to ruin her, push it through on PTR and then just put it into the final game without even listening to anybody

That's what the Overwatch team does.

This is also one of those moves that if they had any semblance of grey matter they would immediately realize that it's a boneheaded move that's going to change D.Va too much, turn her into something she wasn't meant to be and completely ruin her play style and take away most of her utility and strategies.
08/23/2017 11:52 AMPosted by P0W3RH0U53
08/23/2017 11:49 AMPosted by Tailand
It's really simple as to why they've stopped responding. When they did respond after D.va's first nerf earlier on, all they received was hate.

You people did this to yourselves and now you're paying the price.
False, Blizzard did this. I just wanted my season 2 DVA, because after that, it has been one hell of a drama filled rework after rework with her. (And last I checked, we were no responsible for code editing and game designing. So. Yknow.
What are you talking about? This has nothing to do with game design. The topic of this thread is about Blizzard devs responding to forum posts. Geoff tried to respond the first time, but nobody accepted his responses. So now he's no longer responding. It's pointless to.

Blizzard is not responsible for your reprehensible behavior.
08/23/2017 03:55 PMPosted by TerrorK
08/23/2017 11:23 AMPosted by AdunSaveMe
Because, like reasonable people, they're going to wait and see how the changes play out before listening to the Doom & Gloomers.

No. They're going to ruin her, push it through on PTR and then just put it into the final game without even listening to anybody

That's what the Overwatch team does.

This is also one of those moves that if they had any semblance of grey matter they would immediately realize that it's a boneheaded move that's going to change D.Va too much, turn her into something she wasn't meant to be and completely ruin her play style and take away most of her utility and strategies.

We get it, you got used to the right click crutch
reduce her hitbox or rather critbox... its in the middle of her body. The point of going for a headshot is that you can miss high and get 0 dmg. That doesn't happen when your aiming at dva. I would honestly just settle for getting res'd in the mech.