Forums right now in a nutshell

General Discussion
09/03/2017 08:59 AMPosted by ĜëñĵĭŐńľŷ
09/03/2017 08:06 AMPosted by ǞŦŦȂĈĸŦǾŖƄ
Yeah but when I shoot 2 feet to the left of him and he still deflects his huge deflect hitbox needs to be fixed.

Edit: If you don't believe me, check for yourself https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFcrzIlZfNU

I'm pretty sure the average sword is more than 2 feet long, not to mention he also has arms like your average person does. it's not like he only deflects what ever comes directly at his body, it's pretty realistic to deflect whatever comes to the side as well.

Wait! where did everyone go when a Genji main was actually up for a reasonable and mature discussion?! :S

Guys?!
Anyone?!

*Wind blows*
*Crickets rubbing feet sound*
*Tumbleweed passes by and it's not even high-noon*
Actually it goes more like this..........

1. Gets !@# kicked by certain hero
2. Refuses to admit it was their fault
3. Closes game
4. Opens OW forums and demands nerf to said hero.
5. Down vote anyone who disagrees.
The best part is when I see someone pick Genji in comp, everyone yells at them and goes OMFG LOOK BRONZE/SILVER/GOLD GENJI MAIN PLS SWITCH YOU STUPID MORON.

But yeah no, totally broken and op. Not at all someone that only a skilled player can use.
09/03/2017 09:03 AMPosted by CaptGreentoe
And pray tell how we are suppose to accurately predict where Genji is at all time and the exact time he's going to use Deflect; an ability that activates instantly and deflects anything that isn't a laser?
"UHHHH JUST DON'T SHOOT AT HIM"
A great idea yes, why not just shoot past him at the undefended heroes next to him or behind him? Oh yeah.
He deflects things that are 2-3 feet away from him when he activates the ability.
The excuse of not shooting Genji when he deflects just doesn't work when his hitbox is enormous and there is no obvious build up to it.

it's a 2 second ability with an 8 second cd, you might wanna take your finger off your left click and consider re-positioning for a better angle at the enemy target you need..
Genji main complaining about people complaining about genji main. Hmmm seems legit. Funny how it instantly becomes a toxic post on the literal 2nd post by the OP, with the first being bait. OP a little advice if you are trying to defend your main dont make said comments it only really hurts your cause and makes more and more genji's look like toxic entitled players.

Honestly I trust peoples feedback when they aren't a genji main (mostly because it doesn't come from fanboyism) but do have a decent amount of hours on him (IMO that's anything past 30-50)
09/03/2017 09:13 AMPosted by Dragonkingdx
Genji main complaining about people complaining about genji main. Hmmm seems legit. Funny how it instantly becomes a toxic post on the literal 2nd post by the OP, with the first being bait. OP a little advice if you are trying to defend your main dont make said comments it only really hurts your cause and makes more and more genji's look like toxic entitled players.

Honestly I trust peoples feedback when they aren't a genji main (mostly because it doesn't come from fanboyism) but do have a decent amount of hours on him (IMO that's anything past 30-50)

Well I was just trying to reason and see if their points are valid.. Sadly it turned out to be a one sided conversation where people expected to be acknowledged as being right or letting off some steam from a couple of bad games :)
I was really willing to admit defeat if any argument struck me correct but well.. They just say what they need to say and go off carrying on with their games.
09/03/2017 08:08 AMPosted by Geekson
09/03/2017 08:04 AMPosted by TheArchitec7
Genji player who is trying to reason and give facts.

Didn't know they are exist. Or maybe "You are noob, and don't want to improve" counts as argument for Genji mains?

I've given out more arguments than I can count at this point, but it's all tossed aside in the name of "fun" and "he's too annoying".

Guess we should remove dying from the game because according to these forums anything they don't like should be gutted...
09/03/2017 09:27 AMPosted by Skrimiche
09/03/2017 08:08 AMPosted by Geekson
Didn't know they are exist. Or maybe "You are noob, and don't want to improve" counts as argument for Genji mains?

I've given out more arguments than I can count at this point, but it's all tossed aside in the name of "fun" and "he's too annoying".

Guess we should remove dying from the game because according to these forums anything they don't like should be gutted...

Ye, I think I will take a while to come back to forums again after what I saw.. This place is made for constructive and comprehensive discussions.. Sadly, it was not the case with my first experience here.
Genji players whine about Doomfist always killed their little ninja 1 second after they use ult. Now Doomfist got nerfed to the ground. Genji players think now they can live and play happily ever after.. But nope! The nerf cycle continues. Now other players began witch-hunt on their beloved weeaboo ninja.

Let the hunt, begins!
09/03/2017 09:13 AMPosted by Dragonkingdx

Oh and one more thing.. Please point out where I was hurtful or "Toxic" to anyone for me to apologize for that behavior on the spot :) Also thank you for auto-assuming/stereotyping my mentality without taking the time to actually judge based on an actual debate.
09/03/2017 09:34 AMPosted by HelleN
Genji players whine about Doomfist always killed their little ninja 1 second after they use ult. Now Doomfist got nerfed to the ground. Genji players think now they can live and play happily ever after.. But nope! The nerf cycle continues. Now other players began witch-hunt on their beloved weeaboo ninja.

Let the hunt, begins!

Good luck with that, you have my sincerest regards as long as it's all logical and civilized, (kinda hard to see a witch hunt without pitchforks and torches) :P
09/03/2017 09:06 AMPosted by Kyokkai
The best part is when I see someone pick Genji in comp, everyone yells at them and goes OMFG LOOK BRONZE/SILVER/GOLD GENJI MAIN PLS SWITCH YOU STUPID MORON.

But yeah no, totally broken and op. Not at all someone that only a skilled player can use.

It's entirely possible for a hero to be hard to use and simultaneously overpowered for a skilled user.
09/03/2017 09:38 AMPosted by TheArchitec7
Good luck with that, you have my sincerest regards as long as it's all logical and civilized, (kinda hard to see a witch hunt without pitchforks and torches) :P

just to clarify, i myself dont have a problem with Genji. Hes kinda annoying, yes, like Symmetra or a well placed Torbjorn turret, but i dont think he needs a nerf, not right now.

But the nerf witch hunt cycle must continueee
09/03/2017 09:04 AMPosted by TheArchitec7
09/03/2017 08:59 AMPosted by ĜëñĵĭŐńľŷ
I'm pretty sure the average sword is more than 2 feet long, not to mention he also has arms like your average person does. it's not like he only deflects what ever comes directly at his body, it's pretty realistic to deflect whatever comes to the side as well.

Wait! where did everyone go when a Genji main was actually up for a reasonable and mature discussion?!

I have not seen any Genji mains that wanted a reasonable discussion, only the "OMG STOP CRYING YOU ARE JUST BAD" type of Genji mains.
09/03/2017 09:34 AMPosted by HelleN

Let the hunt, begins!

Except not all Genji players "whined", and you're trying to start a bandwagon based off of that to be petty.
1- Pick a high damage projectile hero (ex: Zen with RMB - Widow - Soldier).
2- Shoot a deflecting Genji in the face and expect an easy kill.
3- Things don't go as brains expected.
4- Bashes keyboard
5- Exits game
6- Open web browser to: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/22813879/
7- Make a post about nerfing Genji.
8- Spam several accounts and ask friends to upvote and agree to statements.
9- Mass downvote a Genji player who is trying to reason and give facts.
10- Feels better
11- ???
12- Profit

Have a nice day :)

i feel you sympathy getting downvoted by 57 [curse]spoiled-infant who destroyed their own rigs just wanna get their attention with their "nerfing genji point".

They have no idea genji can't get away with winston (just before he lands), got silenced by sombra main, got strucked by Sym...and the list goes on.

they even rage when Genji owns them in Heroes of the Storm! LOL
2- Shoot a deflecting Genji in the face and expect an easy kill.
3- Things don't go as brains expected.
4- Bashes keyboard
5- Exits game
6- Open web browser to: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/22813879/
7- Make a post about nerfing Genji.
8- Spam several accounts and ask friends to upvote and agree to statements.
9- Mass downvote a Genji player who is trying to reason and give facts.
10- Feels better
11- ???
12- Profit

Have a nice day :)

The forums just recently:
1 - pick Genji
2 - gets in the face of symmetra
3 - dies
4 - gets on overwatch forums
5 - make a post about nerfing symmetra
6 - ???
7 - profit

Alternatively:
1 - pick Genji
2 - Get quint-kill
3 - mercy rezzes the team
4 - rage
5 - exit game
6 - go to overwatch forum
7 - Make a post about removing Mercy rezz
8 - ???
9 - Profit.

3rd alternative:
1 - go to Overwatch forums
2 - See people starting to recognize that Genji might have a few issues
3 - Pee pants

Wait, wait, wait.

Why are Soldier and Widow being considered high damage projectile heros???

Junkrat, Pharah, Hanzo are better examples