Lucioball doesn't work at all?

Bug Report
I really love the recent Summer games patch, with the reintroduction of the Summer Games (as to be expected) and with that, Lucio Ball. I bought the game about a week before last year's Summer Games, so I've had experience with both seasons.

I really liked Lucio Ball last year even though I was awful (had no idea how the game even worked back then), so I was excited for this year. But the game seems broken? Hit registration is awful for both the boop and punch/basic hit, the whole game seems really luck-based and random. Half the time booping a ball will do literally nothing and the other half of the time it will shoot into the sky.

This is as someone who mains Lucio (not that it really matters I guess) and loved the feel last year. I figured it was due to latency as I sometimes play on 100-120 ping, but even on 40 ping there is no difference. Does anyone else feel the same way? I have to admit I have lost most of the games I've played so far, so you can accuse me of just being salty that I suck, but I haven't dared enter Copa Lucio Ball either. Just curious to as if anyone else has similar issues.
I feel the pain. I consider myself to be a fairly good Lúcio, so when the ball fails to respond to my point-blank boops on 40~ ms ping, it hurts me a little.
08/23/2017 03:21 PMPosted by JavaScript
I feel the pain. I consider myself to be a fairly good Lúcio, so when the ball fails to respond to my point-blank boops on 40~ ms ping, it hurts me a little.

what i would give for the 40ms ping..

I know it still happens even at 40ms... but imagine my pain at 200-300 or higher... nothing more than a ghost....
08/23/2017 03:22 PMPosted by RainbowTwist
08/23/2017 03:21 PMPosted by JavaScript

what i would give for the 40ms ping..

I know it still happens even at 40ms... but imagine my pain at 200-300 or higher... nothing more than a ghost....

Ping like that? Ouch, that must be hard on you. I'm used to fairly high ping, and 40 is a luxury (that I've had recently), but I can't play above 250 at all, unless I'm on Lucio or even Reinhardt. I can play comfortably at 180, though, with only noticeable differences on Ana.