Micro Missile stats?

PTR Feedback
Prev 1 16 17 18 74 Next
08/23/2017 08:48 PMPosted by Pixels
08/23/2017 08:41 PMPosted by Ph4yte

Its not random that Dm got lowered to 2 seconds. The reason for it is the missles now. It does a possible 216 damage over 1.7 seconds. Sounds like enough time to dm and burst a soldier or reaper during their ults. Also Zarya can counter that window now better than ever so it sounds like alot of fun interaction and skill checks

I understand the reasons. However, 2 seconds uptime 10 recharge seems too much.

2 seconds uptime, say 6 recharge seems fine?

Can no longer fully DM ults like Reaper/Pharah/Soldier/McCree but actually have a little bit of DM to play around with.

1 second of DM per 5 seconds is brutal. Personally, i dont feel like 200 potential damage is a fair trade?

Granted, I havnt actually played new D.Va so PTR going live might change my opinion. But numbers on paper wise thats my gut feeling...

08/23/2017 08:37 PMPosted by Kodai

216 damage is A LOT!

216 potential damage. Realistically, you will not hit all 18 shots unless its a Barrier/Roadhog.

On average youre probally looking at around 120-160?

how much damage can soldier do with the shoot+ helix rocket in 2 sec? i this it's kinda the same am i wrong?
08/23/2017 08:34 PMPosted by Psyntax
08/23/2017 05:08 PMPosted by Geoff Goodman
Right now here are the stats:

Number of missiles: 18
Shots per second: 11
Explosion Damage: 8 (has damage falloff)
Impact Damage: 4
Radius: 1.5m (for comparison, Pharah's rockets are 2.5m radius)
Cooldown: 8s

I'm interested to know why impact damage is less than explosion damage. Does this mean taking all 18 rockets directly, results in taking 72 damage? Or does the explosion damage of each rocket get added to the impact damage if you get hit directly, resulting in 18 direct hit rockets dealing 216 damage? Or will the target of 18 direct hit rockets take 72 damage and anyone within 1.5 meters will take between 8-x damage ( x being the minimum capable explosive damage value caused from falloff )? Balance tells me the explosion damage is applied in all circumstances and impact damage is a bonus if you can land missiles directly.

The reason I ask is because Pharah's missiles don't deal impact and explosive damage when direct hitting a target, unless the explosion damage is being dealt to a second target with 2.5 meters of the one being direct hit. The direct hit target takes 120 impact damage as the total damage taken, not 120 + maximum explosion damage.

Pharah's rockets are 120 direct hit damage because its 40 direct hit bonus on a 0m explosion bloom of 80 max damage. So yes, they do both explosion and impact damage. Think of it like this.

If you hit more than 1 person with the same rocket, by that i mean both get in the explosion radius then they both take explosion damage equal to the distance from the center of that explosion event. That would be if they both got hit by only the explosion. max damage 80 (impossibly hard shot honestly)x2 = 160 explosive. if the explosion event was due to it hitting one of those 2 people, then it would be 40 (direct hit on the one person) + 80 explosion +80 explosion or 200 total damage between those two targets.

This is why shooting into groups is usually a good idea haha. It is why junkrat is a room clearer as well. I mean, if i had you hold a hand grenade, pull the pin and then you go give your favorite healer a hug, you would kill both of you ya?

this is why Pharah/junkrat/dva/tracer ults can be so powerful. Splash damage is splash. If there is an impact component as well, then that isnt negated just because of the secondary targets. Its added.

Ive gotten several double kills and one triple from a single rocket before on Pharah.
08/23/2017 08:52 PMPosted by Rhinosaurus

2 - 8 would be fine. 2-6 is only a 7% nerf on DM and it not worth a trade for flying gun and rockets. 15% nerf (2-8 compare to 4-10)

2 seconds total uptime is a rather large nerf in its self. You are much more limited to what you can actually block and it requires more communication with your team. Thats why I kinda lowballed it with 2-6 tbh.

2-8 would also be fine, as long as they dont keep it at 10 seconds honestly. I feel like DM would rarely be used, and would become super easy to bait D.Va into using it.

how much damage can soldier do with the shoot+ helix rocket in 2 sec? i this it's kinda the same am i wrong?[/quote]

Kinda the same? The only real difference is Helix is aimed once for mass damage.
Rockets will require tracking. If the targets moving youre pretty unlikely to land every shot.
Plus the splash zone is fairly small, on a stationary target like Bastion/Tank its going to be fantastic. Catching people unaware in close range will also be great.

Using it at range will heavily depend on your skill and enemy skill. But youre still likely to get a few hits in. I wouldnt expect all 18.
08/23/2017 08:53 PMPosted by a0alejo
08/23/2017 08:48 PMPosted by Pixels

I understand the reasons. However, 2 seconds uptime 10 recharge seems too much.

2 seconds uptime, say 6 recharge seems fine?

Can no longer fully DM ults like Reaper/Pharah/Soldier/McCree but actually have a little bit of DM to play around with.

1 second of DM per 5 seconds is brutal. Personally, i dont feel like 200 potential damage is a fair trade?

Granted, I havnt actually played new D.Va so PTR going live might change my opinion. But numbers on paper wise thats my gut feeling...

216 potential damage. Realistically, you will not hit all 18 shots unless its a Barrier/Roadhog.

how much damage can soldier do with the shoot+ helix rocket in 2 sec? i this it's kinda the same am i wrong?

Your not wrong, soldier has powerful burst with a helix rocket that lands. But you wont be running someone down with 2 seconds of you cant hit me. It's more than raw damage.
I feel like a lot of hog players will now start to gravitate towards new dva. The DM and rocket combo sounds comparable to how the old hook combo worked, at least in function of shutting down ults or healers who push in.

Defense through a superior offense, like a mecha tank would function.
08/23/2017 08:57 PMPosted by GoldenKnight
08/23/2017 08:53 PMPosted by a0alejo

Your not wrong, soldier has powerful burst with a helix rocket that lands. But you wont be running someone down with 2 seconds of you cant hit me. It's more than raw damage.

well i think this ability its ok maibe i would add a bit of spread and more rockets but we will se it doesn't seem op for me
08/23/2017 08:57 PMPosted by DnDiceRoller
I feel like a lot of hog players will now start to gravitate towards new dva. The DM and rocket combo sounds comparable to how the old hook combo worked, at least in function of shutting down ults or healers who push in.

It's not even CLOSE to comparable. Good luck landing more than four hits out of eighteen on a Lucio.
08/23/2017 09:02 PMPosted by a0alejo
08/23/2017 08:57 PMPosted by GoldenKnight

well i think this ability its ok maibe i would add a bit of spread and more rockets but we will se it doesn't seem op for me

Spread wont mean anything at 0-5m range where dva will be using it. so more rockets would just mean now shes killing tanks lol
08/23/2017 09:14 PMPosted by Mand
08/23/2017 08:57 PMPosted by DnDiceRoller

It's not even CLOSE to comparable. Good luck landing more than four hits out of eighteen on a Lucio.

lucio is probably the only healer outside of mercy (unless she has someone to fly to) that might dodge a few. Zenny is hosed, so is Ana.
it could rekt an unprotected sentry Bastion
Just a thought why not, in combination with the D.Va changes Geoff mentioned, make DM somewhat similar to how Zarya's bubble works but adding DM charge instead of damage.
For example: For every 100 damage DM absorbs 0.1 seconds gets added to DM uptime but with a cap at 2000 damage effectively making it 2 seconds longer and in that way will have a chance of lasting 4 seconds. If D.Va ends DM before the extra gained time is used up it gets removed and DM goes into cooldown.
So a well timed DM can absorb a lot of damage but will still be rather short when enemies are smart enough not to shoot into DM and D.Va still retains some tanking power against high burst damage.
That's a lot of dps considering she can dash, shoot, and rocket at the same time.
Orisa was given a recyled Zarya ult and now D.va is being given a recycled Pharah ult.

How disappointing.
Bastion that is running away will have to rely on his armor, self heals, and team support. He wont have the 35% damage reduction like in tank or stationary mode.

A stationary bastion will be unmissable by the rockets but take less damage and still be able to heal, but he cant shoot while healing.

On live atm, a d.va only "counters" bastion because she can shut down his damage output for 4 seconds, not because shes doing damage to him. She relys on teammates to do damage. With the changes, she will be able to do enough effective damage on an unprotected bastion that is immobile to survive for the 2 secs dm is up +armor+hp to do more than his hp+armor+reduction with cannons/boop/missiles. If he decides to heal instead to survive, then he is just adding survive time for the d.va as well since he is not shooting.

Bastion on live shreds d.va when DM runs out when she dosen't have team support/dps doing something during the DM, and treats her like an annoying genji reflect that does no damage to him.

It will be an interesting interaction between him and her, but i think if anything a 1v1 looks A lot better for the d.va after changes. Not worse.
08/23/2017 06:32 PMPosted by Geoff Goodman
08/23/2017 06:27 PMPosted by BaByDoLL

So can you only move left to right while firing - like Pharah's ult, or can you move freely while firing the rockets?

Thank you.

Firing them doesn't stop you from moving, using other abilities, shooting your gun, etc. They just fire by themselves once you press the button. The only thing that stops them is dying or being stunned.

Interesting, what strategies have you seen employed with this? Firing them after DMing and closing the distance with an ulting soldier? Firing them while flying in on the backline?
RIP Deadeye
08/23/2017 05:12 PMPosted by TerrorK
He said when. This is happening. Despite the protests.

Thanks for killing D.Va

I guess I'll cancel that cool statue and find another game to play. One where I don't feel like I wasted 1 1/2 years on a character I used to fine fun only for them to be ruined and turned into another DPS -_-

Why did you guys even bother giving D.Va cool new DM blocking lines that are just a joke now because they'll stop almost nothing now?!

If you were a real Dva player, you wouldn't give two !@#$s.
It's really weird how "one-shot" has become a buzz word, like people don't even know what they are typing.

Doomfist's Rocket Punch is a (potential) one-shot, because it takes one hit to kill someone.

Old Roadhog's hook was a one-shot, because he shoots you once and you are dead.

Widowmaker headshots are one-shots, because they kill you instantaneously.

Micro Missiles is not a one-shot. It's a lot of damage, but it happens over several projectiles over close to two seconds. There is no stun. There is no instantaneous death. She flies up in your face, and after a small delay (which will likely have a voiceline or visual to provide ample warning) starts pelting you with several rockets. If she can land 17/18 rockets or better, she gets the kill, with a bit of leeway for splash. You have plenty of time to run away or protect yourself, which one-shots do not give you.

Her DM is uni-directional, meaning if she flies up to an isolated teammate, they are pretty much dead, but she can't fly into the middle of your team and do that because she will be shot at from both sides.

The entire point of a tank is that they shouldn't be easily 1v1'd by DPS. That is their job, to last a long time in combat and force the enemy to focus more attention to them. D.Va is a specific kind of tank called a "bruiser", who have the reach, damage, and sustain to force the enemy to deal with them and discourage their squishies from straying too far out of position.

Don't pay any attention to the salty DPS mains who can't handle the idea of an enemy that requires a small measure of teamwork to get rid of. Pick her counters, like Zarya or Mei. Don't go running around willy-nilly, and stay with your healers to prevent D.Va from picking them off. She is Winston-tier now, everybody. Get used to it.
i think thats weird how its a cooldown though
should be a small meter
or like use the same meter as matrix
but reduce the matrix nerf
so u can choose which to use in the right situation
would be more skillful because there would be more depth to the hero this way
Sounds pretty nice. Cant wait to try it out.
Shooting them with matrix up sounds a bit ridicilous, but i will wait and see.