Micro Missile stats?

PTR Feedback
Prev 1 3 4 5 74 Next
So D.Va get's a free kill every 8 seconds but when Roadhog does it it's OP?
08/23/2017 05:29 PMPosted by Jessicka
08/23/2017 05:22 PMPosted by P0W3RH0U53

The damage isn't really much tho...

She can use them and fusion cannons and DM all at once. A 200HP squishy will be dead before DM expires, with their ult devoured.

You didn't like having your ults eaten? How about have it eaten and be killed?

Actually, her cannons still can't be fired while her DM is up, She can fire them while flying though, and her rockets can be fired whenever they're off cooldown.
08/23/2017 05:28 PMPosted by Foxxer544
08/23/2017 05:12 PMPosted by TerrorK
He said when. This is happening. Despite the protests.

Thanks for killing D.Va

I guess I'll cancel that cool statue and find another game to play. One where I don't feel like I wasted 1 1/2 years on a character I used to fine fun only for them to be ruined and turned into another DPS -_-

Why did you guys even bother giving D.Va cool new DM blocking lines that are just a joke now because they'll stop almost nothing now?!

Awww, poor baby. Need a tissue? You're a minority of the player base. Most people are excited.

No he's not, I and many other high ranked D.Va mains are giving this change a chance.

But I'm already pretty confident that the D.Va meta will die off after this change. Not being able to eat barrage or tactical visor will change her role dramatically.
08/23/2017 05:16 PMPosted by Deaco
08/23/2017 05:08 PMPosted by Geoff Goodman
Right now here are the stats:

Number of missiles: 18
Shots per second: 11
Explosion Damage: 8 (has damage falloff)
Impact Damage: 4
Radius: 1.5m (for comparison, Pharah's rockets are 2.5m radius)
Cooldown: 8s

Obviously these are subject to change, and I am sure you guys will get a better feel for them when we get the PTR up.

So, 216 theoretical damage when all the rockets hit over 1.64 seconds?
RIP enemy tanks!

For all we know, those missiles could have terrible accuracy.
Sounds fun. I got really bored of D.Va's playstyle before. I mained her hard and still play her a bit, but her playstyle is so braindead and boring. I'm super pumped to play her aggressively, and also harass Pharah's/Pharmercy.
Im GM dva main, i really though that matrix nerf will kill d.va, because she have really big critbox, and without protection she is very easy to kill, but with that ability you can dive (i bet rockets have spread), boop with boosters and melee to probably do combo to kill 200hp hero.
Also junk is my second most played hero... this season will be fun :3
08/23/2017 05:29 PMPosted by TerrorK
08/23/2017 05:24 PMPosted by SupahG

Unfourtunately other people did not like her play-style, this is going live, you haven't even played it yet and you're already complaining? IF you really enjoyed her character you'd at least see how she plays before leaving. Also, yes Blizzard betrayed you and only you, they did this to you on purpuse to betray people who play their own game /sarcasm.

So you're basically saying that the Overwatch team should listen to people who don't like how a hero plays when they play a hero rather than the ones that do.

That seems to be the way of it given their patching actually. They're listening to people who either don't like to play D.Va at all because "she's boring" or people who fell back into "DM Bot" mode instead of adjusting and found her boring not because she was boring, but because they chose to play her that way instead of adjusting and continuing to play an aggressive D.Va.

I'm just going to repost this from another topic, because I did some tests:

The Matrix will pretty much be completely useless against most heroes now. I was actually testing it while playing today by only keeping DM up for 2 seconds at the most while playing D.Va in all my matches.

Doomfist: Even his crappy gun will hit that critbox now and de-mech you
Genji: Didn't do much anyway. Unless you needed to counter deflection shots when your team shot at him at the wrong time.
McCree: He'll just shoot you out of your mech far more often. He'll just now outwait you with his High Noon, you'll counter it half as much as before, likely less. In one of my tests the McCree got a PotG while I was only 2 second DM'ing.
Pharah: Will now rain justice from above and get half of it through. You can't even stop all of it, you could before.
Reaper: Ditto with Death Blossom. You'll only now stop half. You'll also no longer be able to 1v1 dance with Reaper and wait for reloads to challenge him: he'll just melt you and pop you out of your mech because you won't be able to counter all his shots.
Soldier 76: You got almost half of his ult before. Tip of the iceberg now.
Sombra: I imagine that little machine pistol will de-mech you quite handily now. To do decent damage to her she has to be in the same range where she'll just be able to hit that critbox with almost every bullet. And she can fire between clips longer than you can DM
Tracer: Similar to above. She's probably got one of the hardest ults to stop as it is. It'll be harder from the perspective that you don't have as much to work with, though at least if you do you'll do it completely still. She'll probably wait you out though, and she's got the speed to do it.
Bastion: I don't see myself lasting long against a turret mode Bastion now, let alone his ult. The tactic of just protecting the team until one of them could deal with him will be gone now.
Hanzo: You won't be able to dive on him from distance using your DM to protect you on the journey, he'll just pop you out. Scatter arrow will be harder to deal with and while you will still be able to totally counter his ult unlike Reaper and Pharah, he'll likely just wait you out now, ala McCree
Junkrat: You'll stop a few grenades and then the mine will just hit because you won't be able to maintain it for long enough. Junkrats will probably abuse this actually to provoke you into using up the DM.
Mei: Can still eat her ult, but she'll likely wait you out now because she can afford to. Icicle will demech you a lot easier. No more being able to protect a group of frozen enemies by flying to the edge of Mei's Blizzard and DM'ing the area to stop them being finished off.
Torbjorn: No more molten core protection for long. No more protecting other from his turrets while they deal with them.
Widowmaker: You won't be able to dive on her from distance using your DM to protect you on the journey, she'll just pop you out halfway there. No more protecting team from a surprise Widow attack before they get to safety.
Orisa: No more diving through Orisa's shield to knock her out of behind it or just get in her face, in similar vein to Hanzo and Widow you'll run out on the way and she'll pop you with her guns. You'll be less likely to flash a DM at her orb I imagine now either, because it'll be largely considered a low-tier threat. But there will be those moments where it wasn't and your whole team falls down a hole or something.
Reinhardt: About the same. Though I doubt you'll be protecting the team from as many Fire Strikes.
Roadhog: Like Solder 76 his ult goes for a while and you'll barely make a dent any more. It'll be hard to save teammates from the follow-up shot after his hook now too. Also, if he hooks you off the edge, now he'll probably crit you out of your mech as you fly back out because you'll no longer be protecting your fragile belly for long enough.
Winston: Not much will change here. Though D.Va slaughters Winston in the mech, and I imagine D.Va will be out of it a lot more than before. And that's when the situation is generally reversed.
Zarya: Stopping her ult entirely will still be possible, but she'll likely just wait you out like Mei. Similar to Mei, once an ult is out you won't be able to protect your Graviton'd team from being slaughtered when they're all grouped up. This is especially the case if Pharah, Reaper, etc. decides to chain their ults into it afterwards.
Ana: Protecting a Slept teammate? Not any more. Not only will the DM run out too quickly, but that's likely going to not be a priority any more and considered a waste of it now.
Lucio: Little change. Though like Roadhog I could see him booping you over the edge and then demeching you as you fly out easier now too.
Mercy: Almost no change TBH. Except from the perspective that protecting the one on your team will be a lot harder.
Symmetra: Little change.
Zenyatta: Discord orb will hit, and no more protecting your teammates who got it from the follow up damage, nor protecting yourself from Zenyatta's orbs if it landed on you.

All in all, so much of her playstyle and the strategies she's been able to pull off until now will be lost. No more diversity in dealing with these various situations and outcomes any more, just another DPS instead.

Glad you put so much work into complaining? Do you reckon if you put that much time into learning new D'va you could be good at her? Changes are going through anyway, no matter how much you whine.
All in all, so much of her playstyle and the strategies she's been able to pull off until now will be lost. No more diversity in dealing with these various situations and outcomes any more, just another DPS instead.

What part of Flying+Shooting+Micro Missiles+DM, all at the same time, removes diversity?

08/23/2017 05:30 PMPosted by Deatheye

Distributed damage over the course of 1.64 seconds + projectile flight time. Not burst. Very different.

Otherwise you could argue that Winston gets a free kill every 4 seconds.
08/23/2017 05:20 PMPosted by TerrorK
08/23/2017 05:13 PMPosted by SupahG

Learn to flex.

I shouldn't have to. I shouldn't have a character I find fun ruined for the sake of others who don't even like her.

No fan of a hero should have to completely relearn how to play them. No fan of a hero should feel like their character is dead and replaced by something that will stop them being fun.

If I wanted to play a flying DPS character who shot missiles I'd just play Pharah.

This rework feels like a betrayal and middle-finger to me. All because I like to play a hero for their playstyle.

I get that you're mad about the change, but I mean you stuck around with the game after the symmetra rework, and the time they gutted hog. Clearly you aren't TOO upset when they make big changes to a hero. This is going to happen whether you like it or not, just accept it man.
This really needs to be tested but sounds interesting...
do they have an arc, or do they fire straight out like a Pharah Rocket?

They fire straight at 40 m/s. For comparison Pharah's rockets move at 35 m/s atm.
Ok, so heres some thoughts real quick.

First, for everyone jumping the gun about the damage (216 I think is the number?)

Thats 216 damage if ALL missiles hit and explode on the target. This is like saying Pharahs gonna deal 3000* damage every time she ults...If all her missiles hit ONE target.

The reality is youre gonna likely miss half of them in the spread. So you wont be 'one shotting' as much as you like. Atleast not with this skill alone. However, I will say the damage output feels about right, from a speculation point. Its gonna blow up Softer targets that are already wounded or a really squishy time traveler. This should actually be a pretty big boon to her as a tank, if she were to be protecting the back lines because engaging on or near her runs a fairly high risk now. Enemy tracer dives, shes gonna have to play more carefully if DVa is around, cause that has the potential to straight up kill her now. Though keyword is potential. Have to see how it actually plays out.

Personally, Im liking hits more and more. There's more synergy in her kit as a result. Feeling somewhat positive, please keep up the good work.
hey youtube! Hey Stylosa

What part of Flying+Shooting+Micro Missiles+DM, all at the same time, removes diversity?

08/23/2017 05:30 PMPosted by Deatheye

Distributed damage in continually aimed projectiles. Not burst. Very different.

Otherwise you could argue that Winston gets a free kill every 4 seconds.

Even if you miss half of them you can still fly the target over and melee him or just shoot and he's dead.
08/23/2017 05:35 PMPosted by Geoff Goodman

They fire straight at 40 m/s. For comparison Pharah's rockets move at 35 m/s atm.

Cannot wait to try this!
08/23/2017 05:35 PMPosted by Geoff Goodman

Can you cancel the missiles early?

Are they charges like Sym Turrets or does pressing the button fire all of them and put the ability on cooldown?

Do they self damage?
This missile salvo is gonna be nerfed faster than I can say "Nerf this!"

I mean it's a well placed ohko move on squishie chars if all missiles hit on 8 second CD? Lmao I can say goodbye to my zenyatta with his bigass of a hitbox who will facetank all of these missiles. Oh and lets not forget that she can still 50+80 dmg booster and melee anyone before she defence matrixes them and missile salvos them to the face.

And if that is not enough, she still has fusion cannons that work well enough from right next to her.

But yea, people claimed dva on season 3 was a bully. Well, this seems to be something out of people's worst nightmares then, a flying ohko tank.

I've said it before and I'm gonna say it again, people gonna be begging for DM bot dva to come back because at least she was passive and did not really sport much offensive power at all. But this'll be nerfed to the ground, I guarantee.
08/23/2017 05:28 PMPosted by Chipbeef
08/23/2017 05:25 PMPosted by TerrorK

Uh... yes I have.

What are you even basing that assumption on?

Do I need to post the receipt to prove it?

Yes.... u do

There: http://i.imgur.com/hgE639J.png
08/23/2017 05:32 PMPosted by Widowtracer
Im GM dva main, i really though that matrix nerf will kill d.va, because she have really big critbox, and without protection she is very easy to kill, but with that ability you can dive (i bet rockets have spread), boop with boosters and melee to probably do combo to kill 200hp hero.
Also junk is my second most played hero... this season will be fun :3

you are going to be exploding everything