Micro Missile stats?

PTR Feedback
Prev 1 4 5 6 74 Next
I love how everyone is saying how great against Pharah it'll be. Pharah, will be the least of the worries. What we will have now is a 600 HP hero that can dive with Winston and do about 100 damage instantly. Combo that WITH Pharah, dive meta going to be stronger than ever lol.
So if my math is right, potential 216 damage if all hit direct. That's actually not bad, especially considering you can boost and matrix while firing rockets. That'll be annoying enough to be fun. Feeling a little more optimistic about this
<span class="truncated">...</span>

They fire straight at 40 m/s. For comparison Pharah's rockets move at 35 m/s atm.

Can you cancel the missiles early?

Are they charges like Sym Turrets or does pressing the button fire all of them and put the ability on cooldown?

Do they self damage?

You cannot cancel them. Pressing the button fires them all over time (roughly 1.6s as mentioned). There is also a 0.5s delay before they start firing, similar to Mei's alternate fire.

Also, yes they will self damage her if she is close enough.
08/23/2017 05:35 PMPosted by Geoff Goodman
do they have an arc, or do they fire straight out like a Pharah Rocket?

They fire straight at 40 m/s. For comparison Pharah's rockets move at 35 m/s atm.

Wow, this sounds great.

Two last small questions: Are we able to fire these while Boosters are on, like her Fusion Shotguns? And are we able to fire these while also firing our Fusion Shotguns?
I can't wait to try this! The combination of Micro Missles/Fusion Cannons/Booster Charge will make her even more of a Genji killer than she already is.
08/23/2017 05:08 PMPosted by Geoff Goodman
Right now here are the stats:

Number of missiles: 18
Shots per second: 11
Explosion Damage: 8 (has damage falloff)
Impact Damage: 4
Radius: 1.5m (for comparison, Pharah's rockets are 2.5m radius)
Cooldown: 8s

Obviously these are subject to change, and I am sure you guys will get a better feel for them when we get the PTR up.

underwhelming, 8 ****ing seconds???
08/23/2017 05:12 PMPosted by TerrorK
He said when. This is happening. Despite the protests.

Thanks for killing D.Va

I guess I'll cancel that cool statue and find another game to play. One where I don't feel like I wasted 1 1/2 years on a character I used to fine fun only for them to be ruined and turned into another DPS -_-

Why did you guys even bother giving D.Va cool new DM blocking lines that are just a joke now because they'll stop almost nothing now?!

Give it a rest. You won't know how good or bad the changes are going to be until the PTR goes up. Go ahead and drop D.Va or complain about these changes, but do it when you have actually tested her. You're just shooting yourself in the foot if you shun the new D.Va without giving her a chance.
I'm curious. Are these going to be usable during the defense matrix?
So with a good dive you can basically instagib a squishy now. The ability to shoot while flying combined with the damage from a boop and maybe a melee plus this new ability it should be easy to quickly land a kill. She will be a tank similar to Roadhog, or at least pre-nerf Roadhog. People will think twice before they get in your range. I'm pretty hyped to try out these changes myself now.

I also feel really bad for Roadhog now.
08/23/2017 05:35 PMPosted by Geoff Goodman

Wow, this sounds great.

Two last small questions: Are we able to fire these while Boosters are on, like her Fusion Shotguns? And are we able to fire these while also firing our Fusion Shotguns?

I remember in another thread that you can use this with normal fire, boosting, and using DM.
Personally, despite the amount of hate this change is getting, I cannot wait for it to hit PBE. I want to try this out! I feel like having more diverse tanks will really make the game more fun. Although from my experiences with D.Va, she's really squishy as she is already, but I've only got 5 hours playtime on her so I can't say much about her strengths and weaknesses. It feels like it's going to be nerfed fairly quickly, but there's still a lot of stuff we don't know about it.

Where do they shoot from?
Do they shoot one at a time?
Can you cancel it manually?
Can enemies cancel it (hacking/hooked)?
Do the rockets have knockback?
08/23/2017 05:46 PMPosted by XenoGenic
I'm curious. Are these going to be usable during the defense matrix?
Geoff said in his original post when he revealed the change that you'll be able to use the missiles while using her other abilities so I assume so, yes.
08/23/2017 05:43 PMPosted by Geoff Goodman

Are they charges like Sym Turrets or does pressing the button fire all of them and put the ability on cooldown?

Do they self damage?

You cannot cancel them. Pressing the button fires them all over time (roughly 1.6s as mentioned). There is also a 0.5s delay before they start firing, similar to Mei's alternate fire.

Hello!
I know this isn't the right place but will Roadhog be subjected to more changes soon?
08/23/2017 05:43 PMPosted by Geoff Goodman

Do they self damage?

:O Holy mamas. I can't wait to test this out!
08/23/2017 05:11 PMPosted by GreyFalcon

Obviously these are subject to change, and I am sure you guys will get a better feel for them when we get the PTR up.

Great transparency.

This is actually the thing I love the most about the OW dev team. SC2 did not have any transparency like this before I quit playing it. Idk what it's like now, but not having any transparency in that game kinda ruined it for me. OW team seems to be much more involved with the community.
08/23/2017 05:45 PMPosted by Endurrr
08/23/2017 05:12 PMPosted by TerrorK
He said when. This is happening. Despite the protests.

Thanks for killing D.Va

I guess I'll cancel that cool statue and find another game to play. One where I don't feel like I wasted 1 1/2 years on a character I used to fine fun only for them to be ruined and turned into another DPS -_-

Why did you guys even bother giving D.Va cool new DM blocking lines that are just a joke now because they'll stop almost nothing now?!

Give it a rest. You won't know how good or bad the changes are going to be until the PTR goes up. Go ahead and drop D.Va or complain about these changes, but do it when you have actually tested her. You're just shooting yourself in the foot if you shun the new D.Va without giving her a chance.

I'm not saying this new D.Va is "bad" per se. I'm just saying she won't be D.Va any more. That's my problem with her.

I enjoy playing D.Va as she has been for the past year and a half. This will change her entirely. This could be good if this was a new hero, but it's not. She's clearly no longer even a tank, she'll barely be able to protect her team. I see this producing a lot of selfish D.Va players who just act like a DPS and rush in to get kills while completely ignoring the protection of their team and getting the objective moving/protected/taken.

I can already get Gold elims and keep the objective safe or moving while still picking off distant threats with D.Va as she is. I don't need to be given tools that make her more offensive at the expense of her tanking and protection traits.
LOL RIP Widows.
08/23/2017 05:45 PMPosted by SilverHawk

underwhelming, 8 ****ing seconds???

Gets 200 dmg on an 8 second cooldown

Complains

WOW