Micro Missile stats?

PTR Feedback
Prev 1 5 6 7 74 Next
08/23/2017 05:43 PMPosted by Geoff Goodman
Can you cancel the missiles early?

Are they charges like Sym Turrets or does pressing the button fire all of them and put the ability on cooldown?

Do they self damage?

You cannot cancel them. Pressing the button fires them all over time (roughly 1.6s as mentioned). There is also a 0.5s delay before they start firing, similar to Mei's alternate fire.

Also, yes they will self damage her if she is close enough.

Does it follow the crosshair or is it like a targetted thing?
Could you guys please PRETTY PLEASE consider nerfing DM by 25%(1 second) first, and then if that's not enough of a difference, go to 50%(2 seconds)?
Now before the D.va haters thumb me down(ironic, since they say D.va mains are the ones who thumb people down), I am NOT saying don't nerf DM at all. I think nerfing DM is a VERY FAIR trade for this new ability, I just think 50% might be a bit much, without buffing how quick they recharge. So how about testing 25% out, just give it a try first, instead of just putting what's going to hit live on PTR.........LETS ACTUALLY DO SOME *TESTING* ON THE TESTINGGGGGG REALM, PLEASE!??

The reason I say test 25% first is because if 50% goes on PTR first, they're not changing it. It'll just hit live no matter what people say because they'll claim we're all over-reacting if we say we don't like it. So yeah, If 50% hits PTR first, they won't change it.......but if 25% hits first they will have no problem nerfing D.va to 50% if need be since they'll NEVER EVER revert a nerf on her, but they will revert a buff/benefit, so yeah, that's the reason I'd like them to try 25% first.......

Cue downvotes v.v
08/23/2017 05:49 PMPosted by TerrorK
08/23/2017 05:45 PMPosted by Endurrr

Give it a rest. You won't know how good or bad the changes are going to be until the PTR goes up. Go ahead and drop D.Va or complain about these changes, but do it when you have actually tested her. You're just shooting yourself in the foot if you shun the new D.Va without giving her a chance.

I'm not saying this new D.Va is "bad" per se. I'm just saying she won't be D.Va any more. That's my problem with her.

I enjoy playing D.Va as she has been for the past year and a half. This will change her entirely. This could be good if this was a new hero, but it's not. She's clearly no longer even a tank, she'll barely be able to protect her team. I see this producing a lot of selfish D.Va players who just act like a DPS and rush in to get kills while completely ignoring the protection of their team and getting the objective moving/protected/taken.

I can already get Gold elims and keep the objective safe or moving while still picking off distant threats with D.Va as she is. I don't need to be given tools that make her more offensive at the expense of her tanking and protection traits.

Yeah I kind of feel the same. One thing is for sure, she won't be a tank. She is going to be a high HP dive DPS.
08/23/2017 05:08 PMPosted by Geoff Goodman
Shots per second: 11
Is there a good comparison for this?
Sorry if this sounds dumb, but whats the difference between explosion damage and impact damage?
08/23/2017 05:52 PMPosted by IDKmyname
Is there a good comparison for this?

76 fires 9 shots per second.
08/23/2017 05:53 PMPosted by Colourouu
Sorry if this sounds dumb, but whats the difference between explosion damage and impact damage?

Explosions is the damage from the bursting of the missiles, lets say they hit the floor next to who you're aiming at They do damage in the 1.5m radius. Impact is the damage from a direct hit.
08/23/2017 05:13 PMPosted by Youko
Right now here are the stats:

Number of missiles: 18
Explosion Damage: 8 (has damage falloff)
Impact Damage: 4
Radius: 1.5m (for comparison, Pharah's rockets are 2.5m radius)
Cooldown: 8s

Obviously these are subject to change, and I am sure you guys will get a better feel for them when we get the PTR up.

Sounds pretty fun so far, I need to rain justice on Pharah while using DM on her.

Word.

Explosion damage is the AoE damage originating from the impact location. Impact damage is damage that is only applied if the projectile hits a target directly (instead of the floor next to them, for example). Explosives in Overwatch tend to have this bonus impact damage to reward direct hits.
08/23/2017 05:54 PMPosted by Vánagandr

Explosions is the damage from the bursting of the missiles, lets say they hit the floor next to who you're aiming at They do damage in the 1.5m radius. Impact is the damage from a direct hit.

Thankyou for explaining :D
08/23/2017 05:56 PMPosted by Geoff Goodman

Explosion damage is the AoE damage originating from the impact location. Impact damage is damage that is only applied if the projectile hits a target directly (instead of the floor next to them, for example). Explosives in Overwatch tend to have this bonus impact damage to reward direct hits.

Could you guys please PRETTY PLEASE consider nerfing DM by 25%(1 second) first, and then if that's not enough of a difference, go to 50%(2 seconds)?
Please. Let us test it first, if it doesn't work or isn't enough, then fine do more, but let us test lower than 50% first, please, PLEASE LET US TEST STUFF ON PTR MORE.
Is her new ability getting voicelines? Whats the default button for it.
08/23/2017 05:56 PMPosted by Geoff Goodman

Geoff taking some time to answer more questions than we probably deserve being answered. I love the dev team for this game!
Will nobody think of the supports when they take our lifelines away and then make even the tanks into insane ohko machines who will take great pleasure in making enemy supports useless? Having buffed dps is clearly not enough. Meanwhile at upcoming mercy ress nerf.. this missile salvo is already sounding really OP and making more characters into insane killer machines ain't gonna make more players play supports.

It will be 100% impossible to deal with genji, tracer, winston & dva going on the offence atop you for the whole match.
08/23/2017 05:43 PMPosted by Geoff Goodman
Can you cancel the missiles early?

Are they charges like Sym Turrets or does pressing the button fire all of them and put the ability on cooldown?

Do they self damage?

You cannot cancel them. Pressing the button fires them all over time (roughly 1.6s as mentioned). There is also a 0.5s delay before they start firing, similar to Mei's alternate fire.

How many seconds do the salvo's fire?
08/23/2017 05:52 PMPosted by BaByDoLL
Now before the D.va haters thumb me down(ironic, since they say D.va mains are the ones who thumb people down), I am NOT saying don't nerf DM at all. I think nerfing DM is a VERY FAIR trade for this new ability, I just think 50% might be a bit much, without buffing how quick they recharge. So how about testing 25% out, just give it a try first, instead of just putting what's going to hit live on PTR.........LETS ACTUALLY DO SOME *TESTING* ON THE TESTINGGGGGG REALM, PLEASE!??

The reason I say test 25% first is because if 50% goes on PTR first, they're not changing it. It'll just hit live no matter what people say because they'll claim we're all over-reacting if we say we don't like it. So yeah, If 50% hits PTR first, they won't change it.......but if 25% hits first they will have no problem nerfing D.va to 50% if need be since they'll NEVER EVER revert a nerf on her, but they will revert a buff/benefit, so yeah, that's the reason I'd like them to try 25% first.......

Cue downvotes v.v

I'm almost certain that Blizzard have tried this (remember that they said they were testing this for a while), so i'm sure that they know what needs to be done,
sincerely a D.Va Player
Right now here are the stats:

Number of missiles: 18
Explosion Damage: 8 (has damage falloff)
Impact Damage: 4
Radius: 1.5m (for comparison, Pharah's rockets are 2.5m radius)
Cooldown: 8s

Obviously these are subject to change, and I am sure you guys will get a better feel for them when we get the PTR up.

Underpowered ability

How many seconds do the salvo's fire?

It fires for a little over 1.6 seconds, (11 missiles a second, 18 missiles total)
With this buff I can no longer laugh at D.VAs as Symmetra :(