Micro Missile stats?

PTR Feedback
Prev 1 7 8 9 74 Next
All that needs to happen now is: Fixing her center mass crit box.
<span class="truncated">...</span>
Counterpoint, you will have an easier time gunning d.VA down because she can't soak your entire magazine worth of bullets and fly away while you reload. The meka is just as fragile as ever.

More actually. With her DM so reduced.

But the meka is 100% less fragile than it was before because she always had to put down her defences when firing anyway???

It is only outside of actually killing things that she is more fragile due to defence matrix having less uptime.

But it does not matter a single bit if she actually goes up to you and starts destroying you, this time with defence matrix UP to boot.

Despite having less dm, I somehow doubt she will have super difficulties getting close to key targets and destroying them.
I don't mind saying, I'm scared. If people thought Roadhog was obnoxious, I think they're going to be shocked when D.Va is out on the PTR.

That said, let's wait and see before judging it though.

You cannot cancel them. Pressing the button fires them all over time (roughly 1.6s as mentioned). There is also a 0.5s delay before they start firing, similar to Mei's alternate fire.

Also, yes they will self damage her if she is close enough.

Thanks for the information.

Can Dva move while firing missiles? Or it like Pharah's ult? And can Dva change target while the missiles fired or it just go to one direction for all 18 missiles?

This is a really good question. If she can't move it will change DRASTICALLY how much of a buff/improvement this really is.
08/23/2017 05:08 PMPosted by Geoff Goodman
Right now here are the stats:

Number of missiles: 18
Shots per second: 11
Explosion Damage: 8 (has damage falloff)
Impact Damage: 4
Radius: 1.5m (for comparison, Pharah's rockets are 2.5m radius)
Cooldown: 8s

Obviously these are subject to change, and I am sure you guys will get a better feel for them when we get the PTR up.

Cool, I can hardly wait for DPS mains to whine enough for this to get nerfed into oblivion!

08/23/2017 06:15 PMPosted by Catseye
All that needs to happen now is: Fixing her center mass crit box.

I'm pretty sure her crit box is hard coded into the game. "Fixing" it would actually mean breaking all hit detection in Overwatch.
08/23/2017 06:17 PMPosted by DexterousGek
I don't mind saying, I'm scared. If people thought Roadhog was obnoxious, I think they're going to be shocked when D.Va is out on the PTR.

That said, let's wait and see before judging it though.

Why?
D.va can't hold you in place and then one-shot.
Her DM is being cut IN HALF - making it useless on ultimates and significantly less impactful in general.

How tf is she going to be something worth being THAT scared over? Really, please, the last thing we need is to get a DM nerf PLUS the new ability nerfed. FFS ppl.
Just wondering, what if Sombra hacks D.Va during this ~1.6 second window where she's shooting rockets? Will the hack interrupt it, or will D.Va finish the ability?
Ok, I'll admit it. This sounds exciting. 2 seconds DM + 216 potential missile damage + 147 DPS + 25 Booster damage + Melee at the end. This could almost one-shot Roadhog in an ideal situation.
08/23/2017 05:20 PMPosted by Jessicka
Wow. Giving DVa an effective OHK on an 8 second cooldown.

This'll go down well. >.<

1.64 seconds of continuous projectile fire counts as a OHK to you?
08/23/2017 05:59 PMPosted by Nere
Will nobody think of the supports when they take our lifelines away and then make even the tanks into insane ohko machines who will take great pleasure in making enemy supports useless? Having buffed dps is clearly not enough. Meanwhile at upcoming mercy ress nerf.. this missile salvo is already sounding really OP and making more characters into insane killer machines ain't gonna make more players play supports.

It will be 100% impossible to deal with genji, tracer, winston & dva going on the offence atop you for the whole match.

It's 100% impossible to deal with those four heroes diving you as a healer on live... Assuming your teammates are all idiots and don't bother defending you.

I don't see an issue with a 4v1 favoring the 4, healer or not.
08/23/2017 05:35 PMPosted by Geoff Goodman

They fire straight at 40 m/s. For comparison Pharah's rockets move at 35 m/s atm.

Hi Geoff,
Any data on how spread the rockets will be?

There is no spread. Each one fires directly at the point you were looking when it was fired. Of course, since they are firing individually over time, they wont all go the same place unless you stay looking at the same spot the whole time.
So, like the highest burst in the game, can ohko Soldier and shoot while Matrixing?

:')

Hi Geoff,

There is no spread. Each one fires directly at the point you were looking when it was fired. Of course, since they are firing individually over time, they wont all go the same place unless you stay looking at the same spot the whole time.

So it's like a 0 cooldown helix rocket? That's not as broken as people are making it sound like.

Obviously these are subject to change, and I am sure you guys will get a better feel for them when we get the PTR up.

That sounds so !@#$ing broken.
08/23/2017 06:17 PMPosted by Eclipse
I'm pretty sure her crit box is hard coded into the game. "Fixing" it would actually mean breaking all hit detection in Overwatch.

Nope. They have reduced the size of other characters crit boxes in the past. It's not game breaking to do it. They did it with Winston and other characters. So they can do it with D.Va.
08/23/2017 06:22 PMPosted by Geoff Goodman

So can you only move left to right while firing - like Pharah's ult, or can you move freely while firing the rockets?

Thank you.

*extremely Stylosa voice*
LADIES AND GEN'LEMEN

Hi Geoff,

So I am taking they are not Homing missiles then but a volley of rockets, gotcha.
08/23/2017 05:13 PMPosted by Llamazrcool
My name is nickel ohnickel.

L A D I E S A N D G E N T L E M E N H E L L O , A N D W E L C O M E T O U N I T L O S T , I A M S T Y L O S A . . .
We can rain justice every 8 seconds.