Is Scatter Arrow supposed to One-Shot Tanks?

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 Next
Scatter is broken. It's the worst thing in the entire game right now. There's practically zero telegraphing of when it's being used, it's all reward and no risk. 400+ damage from long range on a short cooldown is stupid. Makes me sick when I see Hanzo cards where half or more of their elims are scatters. What a pro.

Keep getting carried by derparrow! ;)

#deleteHanzo
08/26/2017 11:11 AMPosted by Vir
Devs intended it to be used in this manner, there is a tip for it.

That said, I feel it's way stronger than they realized it would be or something.

Hanzo is classified as a sniper, yet he's more useful as a tankbuster and flanker stopper because Scatter Arrow just 1 shots everything with very little aim required.

Problems comes from the fact that without Scatter, Hanzo is literal garbage, and he's already a relatively poor pick most of the time.

He needs a rework. Move Scatter Shot to a single arrow that can bounce twice before stopping that does 75% damage compared to a regular primary fire. This is now his RMB. So he can shoot around corners and stuff but not just randomly barrage and 1 shot people. Makes sense especially with his Radar thing so he'll still be able to aim around those corners. [alternatively just let his LMB bounce twice, but I like the idea of choosing the right shot for the job, where choosing the wrong shot would result in less damage or a missed shot]

Replace Scatter Arrow [e] with another ability. It would have to keep the relatively tankbusty feeling to it [ideally via % damage because otherwise he's just 1 shotting everyone but tanks still] or otherwise be a -completely- different type of ability and change how Hanzo is played entirely. I'd be fine with either.

At the very least, the Scatter Arrow needs rework.
Maybe even a penetrating arrow, like the Highlight Intro. Making him able to damage through those barriers.
Explosive Arrow might be a little too bland perhaps, I don't know.
08/26/2017 12:21 PMPosted by Silver
Scatter is broken. It's the worst thing in the entire game right now. There's practically zero telegraphing of when it's being used, it's all reward and no risk. 400+ damage from long range on a short cooldown is stupid. Makes me sick when I see Hanzo cards where half or more of their elims are scatters. What a pro.

Keep getting carried by derparrow! ;)

#deleteHanzo

It feels indeed broken, and it feels demotivating every time someone gets one-shot despite the advantages against such things. Even when I play as Hanzo, and evaporating a Zarya/Orisa with one hit makes the tanks feel as weak as anyone with 1hp, there was no battle, no struggle for survival, just death and a hit on morale.
08/24/2017 07:45 AMPosted by HEARTOFGOLD
08/24/2017 07:35 AMPosted by Rezbit
Should Roadhog have the ability to one-shot tanks?

Nope. He got nerfed for that.
he didnt tho.
he had potential to, but the chances of that happening in-game was extremely rare

Winston was a prime target because of the dive meta. Same with, and believe it or not, D.Va. Because of her large head hit box.

he didnt tho.
he had potential to, but the chances of that happening in-game was extremely rare
As a Roadhog main, I do recall PLENTY of times I was one shotting Zarya and feeling extremely guilty for it.
08/24/2017 07:33 AMPosted by Zee
Just wondering.

Tanks being one-hit by an ulimate makes sense, but by an ability that charges back up quick? It's honestly unbalanced no other character can one hit a tank with an ability, it feels like it should of been fixed months ago
08/29/2017 04:50 PMPosted by Rhys
08/24/2017 07:33 AMPosted by Zee
Just wondering.

Tanks being one-hit by an ulimate makes sense, but by an ability that charges back up quick? It's honestly unbalanced no other character can one hit a tank with an ability, it feels like it should of been fixed months ago

Exactly, well said.

It needs to change, for the better of both parties.

apples and oranges
Remember Fan The Hammer when OW was released? It was used to obliterate tanks too, it was that powerful, and it got balanced.

Although not based on reload, Scatter Arrow is an ordinary ability that is used to obliterate tanks, even one-shotting them.

This needs to be fixed.

(Copy-pasted from another thread)
Just popped in to say that as a new player I find Scatter shot damage insane; the ability stuck out as something that needed to be looked at; hence me now being in this thread.
08/24/2017 07:37 AMPosted by DarkCat
it can one shot Zarya and Orisa only but it will still leave the other tanks on really low health easily
just like Phoenixx said it shouldn´t be able to do this

Zarya can bubble & Orisa can fortify
No, Scatter Arrow is bull!@#$ in the way it applies damage and it's unfair when applied with wall hacks. You are one shot without even knowing where it's coming from.

And despite what Hanzo's will tell you, it isn't remotely difficult to master the aiming. In fact, it's far easier to aim at the ground in front of an enemies feet than to actually hit them directly.
After some extensive testing, I find it to be the most inconsistent thing in the game, from one-shotting a tank, to watching it somehow go right between someone's legs when it hit the ground in front of them and missing them entirely.

he didnt tho.

All the hours ive spent on maining hog, ive never one shotted any tanks.
Two shots(prefire+hook combo), yes.
But never one shot....
it doesn't? unless they are low health of course
09/23/2017 12:21 PMPosted by Hige
it doesn't? unless they are low health of course

It does 450 damage. Which 1 shots orisa and zarya, leaves winston with 50hp, and hog and dva with 150.
There has been a few times where I had scatter arrow ricochet seemingly off of nothing and defy the game physics by bouncing the opposite direction, inconsistent much?
My favorite thing is how Hanzo mains insist you should be countering it with your defensive abilities. Great. So if I'm Zarya and there's a Hanzo looking in my general direction, I have to burn bubble and then I guess run away while it cools down. Orisa? Better burn Fortify every time Hanzo shows his face. Hey Rein, see that Hanzo over there? You can't Fire Strike or Earth Shatter right now. D.Va make sure you burn all your DM on that guy, then I guess run away..........
Imma necro this and I'm not even ashamed. The issue persists.