D.va Rework ideas thread.

General Discussion
1 2 3 26 Next
Topic.
In the current meta D.va is a top pick because only one thing: Defense Matrix. Reduce Defence Matrix.
That ability can be really annoying is basically all that makes D.va useful so far....
Try to make D.va a more offensive tank?
Maybe more offensive so her role won't be a DM bot. The current D.va is boring to play and boring to play against basically is her DM everything. This rework won't kill D.va it will just change her playstyle and of course she would still get countered by the same heroes.
Any ideas? Honestly this may change Dive and let's face it: the current D.va is super annoying and boring.
EDIT: changed thread title. Let's share ideas for a D.va rework.
400/100, more damage and less DM.
defense matrix needs to be fixed, it's way too powerful. I'm getting rounds sucked up when DVA is behind me and I'm shooting in the opposite direction. The matrix is going around my body and sucking up the bullets? i mean come on.
08/20/2017 08:42 PMPosted by WhiteRabbit
Topic.
In the current meta D.va is a top pick because only one thing: Defense Matrix. Reduce Defence Matrix.

They should make it like before where if you went up in D.Va's face you could damage her.

Adding a minimum distance to DM would prevent her from getting up in your face with her 'anti-fun' button, instead promoting clever positioning with DM.
08/20/2017 08:44 PMPosted by alain9331
400/100, DM nerf, tighten spread

Call-Mech now OHKs
08/20/2017 08:44 PMPosted by alain9331

100/400, more damage and less DM.

She always had high armor low health and they buffed her health. So they take away her armor? What? How did that make any sense at all.

I feel like they cripple D.Va because they're spending too many metaphorical points on her Defense Matrix.

I would rather get rid of Matrix all together to see her buffed and not be treated like a whipping girl / scapegoat for other problems.

How does Defense Matrix even fit her themes as an Anti-RoboKaiju guardian?

How does tickle-shot bb guns fit either for that matter. What are those plink' shots supposed to do to a giant death robot?

She's thematically broken, mechanically all over the place, and just not fun to play anymore. A tank that can't tank, and has dive abilities but has to be behind her team to be a Matrix support bot.
Literally everyone made fun of the dva mains for crying about the nerfs, so they go and change the playstyle like everyone violently suggested them to, and now we have the very people telling the dva mains to stop crying, are now crying... like wut????
Weaken DM yes but she will need more retooling than that. Her biggest problem is not her seemingly low hp but her inability to confirm kills on anything that can still move to solve this we need to work two-fold D.Va is at her best in the 10-1m range so let's make her guns effective in that range. First, she doesn't need more damage she needs effective damage so to do that we need to increase her pellet count and then her precision (this is how tight the grouping accuracy is, did you hit your mark) with 22*1 pellets and a 30% spread decrease she will be able to confirm kills. Finally DM It needs work while I am reluctant to revert the min travel distance it might help then I would as a passive that reduces the effect of crits while you still have armor. (this is only if the min distance change is reverted) With all of it, I would Change DM so that it has a 3 sec duration with 7.5 sec of recharge and the same delay that we currently have. To balance the nerf to tanking I would change the health pool to 300 armor and 300 health or 200,200,200 but I think the 300 armor would be better suited to the passive suggested above.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20753817361?page=1

Just appreciate the irony here everyone... please...
i can see something like this happening;
D.va:
  • The range (length) of Defence matrix is reduced by 40%. (while still allowing D.va to protect teammates it takes more skill/ timing and forces her to be more aggressive)
  • Boosters last for 2 more seconds and its movement speed increased by +15%. (this is to allow her to get to teammates to protect them faster, charge enemies more effectively and be more flexible)
  • Slight buff somehow to her mech's guns, not sure what though without increasing its damage. (if they added a tiny knockback to her shots it would be interesting in that she'd interrupt her targets abilities when they're shot by her. allowing her to 'bark' them out of positions and be a bit harder to kill in duels)
  • +10% faster ult charge. (Many players want D.va's old armor back but as we've seen the Dev's are very reluctant to do that, so as an alternative D.va's sustain could be enhanced by getting in and out of her mech more often as a kind of self-heal.)

These changes to D.va doesn't bring back her DPS that she used to have but that's never coming back, what it does do is emphasize her rapid-response capability. Though still only in short bursts It gives her a unique role yet still keeping her problematic to her enemy as every tank should be.
She would be able to flank, dive, protect and more; a more diverse half-way point between all the variations she's had.

(edited for clarity)
08/20/2017 09:43 PMPosted by P0W3RH0U53
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20753817361?page=1

Just appreciate the irony here everyone... please...

Wow.
That was before the community started to hate Dive?
I wasn't part of the forum by that time.
why do you want dva to become more of a dps character when we have so many dps already. the defense matrix should stay the same

Edited for language - Moderator
DVA is a great character and DM is also nice. They really should pick at that scab anymore.
08/20/2017 10:02 PMPosted by RET4K3
why do you want dva to become more of a dps character when we have so many dps already. the defense matrix should stay the same

Edited for language - Moderator

That won't make D.va a dps.
Reduce DM so she won't be a DM bot in every Dive match.
I feel like Defense Matrix is extremely overpowered. I don't think one single ability should be able to easily counter so many ultimates. Being able to vaporize ultimates (Mei's, Zarya's, Hanzo's if close enough) with a simple right click, not even having to channel for any length of time, is simply absurd.

A solution would be to instead of vaporize the projectile(s), have it slow them. This would be more fair and balanced so your team doesn't get 100% insta mitigation on 90% of ultimates simply because you have a D.Va. The team would at least have to run out of the way and lose a few seconds repositioning while D.Va at least has to channel for a few seconds. No more complete ultimate mitigation at the cost of a simple right-click that doesn't even trigger a cool down. No more Mei or Zarya feeling completely ripped off because their ultimate got devoured. They would at least get to watch it land, even if everyone has ran out of the way by the time it gets there.
08/20/2017 10:32 PMPosted by StormCrow
I feel like Defense Matrix is extremely overpowered. I don't think one single ability should be able to easily counter so many ultimates. Being able to vaporize ultimates (Mei's, Zarya's, Hanzo's if close enough) with a simple right click, not even having to channel for any length of time, is simply absurd.

A solution would be to instead of vaporize the projectile(s), have it slow them. This would be more fair and balanced so your team doesn't get 100% insta mitigation on 90% of ultimates simply because you have a D.Va. The team would at least have to run out of the way and lose a few seconds repositioning while D.Va at least has to channel for a few seconds. No more complete ultimate mitigation at the cost of a simple right-click that doesn't even trigger a cool down. No more Mei or Zarya feeling completely ripped off because their ultimate got devoured. They would at least get to watch it land, even if everyone has ran out of the way by the time it gets there.

Honestly I think that the concept of DM is fine. The problem is it gets over exploited and more with the current meta. Again reduce it so it won't be DM'ing 24/7.
Without DM DVA should just be removed from the game.

Honestly if you cant play counter picks ie Zarya or play with your little brain ie get an easy flank on DVA than you don't deserve to play comp.
08/20/2017 10:41 PMPosted by K33N
Without DM DVA should just be removed from the game.

Honestly if you cant play counter picks ie Zarya or play with your little brain ie get and easy flank on DVA than you don't deserve to play comp.

Damn. I'm not saying that DM should be removed nor Nerfed to DEATH just that it needs a rework. Of course it has counters I know but this D.va is dull and boring. Reduce DM, give her more damage? Or mobility? Puf! Different playstyle that still viable and of course DM still has the same effect but not getting over exploited. Got that?