DPS mains killed another Hero

General Discussion
08/21/2017 02:12 PMPosted by Geeschier
Wtf?

I thought people like the change?

Sounds really fun to shoot rockets IMO, while holding DM is boring AF

DM isn't boring to use at all, actually. It requires predictive timing and an understanding of triage. You need to understand how much charge you have, what its refresh rate is, and how to play its cooldown. It is very much an actuive ability.

I understand that for people whose playstyle is entirely "Press Q and fire blindly" the concept of an ability that doesn't instantly kill 3 people and requires strategy to use is obtuse and baffling in the extreme. But all that means is that Dva's not the character for you, and you ought to just play Soldier. or Call of Duty, really.

And for those of you constantly complaining that Dva eats your "skilled shots"? if you're shooting into DM, you're not making skilled shots, you're making idiot shots, just like spamming a rein shield. Further, have you tried mei, Winston, Sombra Zarya, Symmetra, or Doomfist? Doomfist and Sombra in particular are really good at nullifying Dva, and they're both offense heroes, which I KNOW are the only ones any of you ever pick.

Give 'em a whirl and quit whinging.
Even the Dva mains complained.
It was not fun to play her and not fun to play against.
Oh, she'll be fun to play, a crime!

I'm concerned about her survivability, too, but hey let's see how it works out.

My idea, if her survivability won't be enough:
I'd suggest the matrix changes with maybe a 25% faster recharge on the Matrix resource refill.

This way the matrix would more be used to mitigate dmg spikes, while keeping the nerfed dm.

If this wouldn't be enough, changes to her HP bar could be made like more armor or such things.
I don't really know what armor or shields do (shield refills after some time), but these changes could help her survive while making her more fun to play.
08/21/2017 02:17 PMPosted by Lune
08/21/2017 02:15 PMPosted by SlayerAdam
Dva mains were the ones constantly complaining about Dva not being fun...

I never did that tho...
Well, maybe you, but there were like 28 Dva mega threads, that started out by demanding buffs after the Dva nerf, then when it turned out that Dva is still god tier, people started complaining that they preferred when they could recklessly dive people, and that the new Dva is just a DM bot.
08/21/2017 02:22 PMPosted by Punkrawk
08/21/2017 02:12 PMPosted by Geeschier
Wtf?

I thought people like the change?

Sounds really fun to shoot rockets IMO, while holding DM is boring AF

DM isn't boring to use at all, actually. It requires predictive timing and an understanding of triage. You need to understand how much charge you have, what its refresh rate is, and how to play its cooldown. It is very much an actuive ability.

I understand that for people whose playstyle is entirely "Press Q and fire blindly" the concept of an ability that doesn't instantly kill 3 people and requires strategy to use is obtuse and baffling in the extreme. But all that means is that Dva's not the character for you, and you ought to just play Soldier. or Call of Duty, really.

And for those of you constantly complaining that Dva eats your "skilled shots"? if you're shooting into DM, you're not making skilled shots, you're making idiot shots, just like spamming a rein shield. Further, have you tried mei, Winston, Sombra Zarya, Symmetra, or Doomfist? Doomfist and Sombra in particular are really good at nullifying Dva, and they're both offense heroes, which I KNOW are the only ones any of you ever pick.

Give 'em a whirl and quit whinging.

You're describing the ability a lot more exciting than it actually is.
Maybe for you it's a fancy strategic usage of dm, which requires so much skill to use, wow.
For the vast majority of the players it's just rmb, tho.
08/21/2017 02:15 PMPosted by Lune
Right now i feel what the Roadhog mains felt when their main got nerfed into the ground,and its not a good feeling...

Nah man you guys got at least SOMETHING to compensate for the changes
I'm excited for the PTR. I really want these changes to bring back the old dva playstyle (dva 1.0).
can someone link the page that states the changes im interested in reading them
Ability was broken in the first place. It just wasn't very noticeable until her pickrate went in the sky.

Also, I don't think that the usage of ability was braindead easy. It requires a good management with careful consideration of when to allow taking damage vs when to use DM to prevent xy.

But, it was completely OP. It shuts down hitscans + reaper & pharah strongly. It also shuts down majority of ultimates in the game. There's a small but noticeable trend in pick rates of these heroes that correlated with rise of dva's pick rate. Soldier's pick rate dropped down as dva's pick rate was rising up. McCree's pick rate went high when the buff happened then it continued to drop down as dva's pick rate went up. Similar thing with reaper. His pick rate spiked up when he got buffed, then the growth subsided and stagnated and eventually dropped, while dva's pick rate was going up. Genji's pick rate went up. And tracers since those are essentially only DPS that aren't strongly affected by DM.

The ability just seemed like poor design in first place. Almost everything in the game is a projectile, even ultimates, such as graviton. And Zarya didn't counter dva. On paper, she did, but in practice, not really. She lacks mobility to chase her down. And the rise of DM enabled the dive meta in the first place, to which essentially there isn't a proper counter unless you play the same thing yourself. 3 dps meta can also get shut-down by a decent dva.

So, yeah. I'm very happy about the rework. I actually think this is a nerf, not a rework. And I don't know the stats on her rockets, but unless they're really high damage, it will probably be an overall nerf. Think the easiest solution would be to just fix her critbox. And that's it.
08/21/2017 02:10 PMPosted by ryouma17
its just a game get over it, characters will get nerfed and they'll get buffed

Tell that to the people complaining for nerfs. OH WAIT, you'll get eaten alive.
Forums: "D.Va is just a DM bot, boring to play, give her more damage"
Blizzard: *gives more damage, nerfs DM so D.Va is no longer a DM bot*
Forums: "YOU RUINED D.VA SHE RELIED ON DM U N P L A Y A B L E"

And for the record, D.Va is one of my mains.
Wait, so dva mains are upset that dva got exactly what they were asking for? They were all calling her a dm bot, now she won't be... Damn this forum is hypocritical as !@#$!
08/21/2017 02:47 PMPosted by Ungod
Wait, so dva mains are upset that dva got exactly what they were asking for? They were all calling her a dm bot, now she won't be... Damn this forum is hypocritical as !@#$!

Nobody liked Dva being a DMbot, but her armor was nerfed because her DM was considered too strong for her to have that much armor. without the armor and the DM she'll get demech'd by even widow holding left click.
08/21/2017 02:47 PMPosted by gem83
Forums: "D.Va is just a DM bot, boring to play, give her more damage"
Blizzard: *gives more damage, nerfs DM so D.Va is no longer a DM bot*
Forums: "YOU RUINED D.VA SHE RELIED ON DM U N P L A Y A B L E"

And for the record, D.Va is one of my mains.

It's almost like there are many different people with different opinions on this forum. Oh wait...
08/21/2017 02:07 PMPosted by GrizzledEngi
Apparently Doomfist or Genji are next on the chopping block

source?
Dva mains make thousands of posts about how shes bad, or dm boring
They say what theyre testing internally, a rework to move away from dm
"DPS mains killed another hero"
Too many people have tunnel vision to see that Doomfist is a difficult hero. They think about his one shot and ignore that the rest of his kit is garbage and needs qol buffs.
08/21/2017 03:45 PMPosted by nodnarb
Doomfist is a difficult hero.
lol
dps players ruins everything

the state of tank and healer right now is the result

and so we have 4-6 dps cancer in comp driving tank and healers to quit even more yet they demand babysitting to kill anything

once the dps players realize they cant kill target being distracted by tanks and have no extra life from heals to kill anything, they will leave too.

downward spiral we go

we dva fans ask for something that is more consistent like armor and gun buff in exchange for dm nerf but they are giving us something a lot of us didnt ask for again....
08/21/2017 02:12 PMPosted by FormalSpy
She is not a tank with these changes.

And what is a "Tank", exactly?