Ethical concern: information about stats in comp.

Competitive Discussion
Hello! I'm the guy that made c0derwatch.com on reddit the other day. But I want to talk about something else.

There's something I'm thinking about releasing (firstly, no, NOT people's personal data!!)

One of the thing I can do with my system, is release "overappreciated" and "underappreciated" stats.

What do I mean by that?
Overappreciated: There might be some stats that can be "abused" to get higher SR, even though they may actually negatively effect your win rate.
Underappreciated: There may also be some stats that give you a higher win rate, but don't seem to give you much SR.

The ethical concern
If I release this after this competitive season is over, and Overwatch hasn't changed their SR system too much, there's a chance these stats could be abused. Basically telling people the "correct" and "incorrect" ways to pad their stats.

Let me know your thoughts

(EDIT: total irrelvant sidenote (cause people seemed to be strangely interested in my SR), while making this system i decayed to 3k, I was 3560, season high is ~3680)
IMO if you are able to determine their algorithm then you might as well share it.

Most of us have already figured it out on our mains anyways, so wouldn't be much abuse. Would also allow a better discussion.

P.S. I used your site the other day and your algorithm is wonky lol my DVA is TERRIBLE but it's rated ~3600. If I mained dva I'd probably be like 3k lol
You mean you made the algorithm that told people that they needed to heal more on soldier and kill less with tac visor to gain SR?

Great algorithm.
08/25/2017 12:10 PMPosted by Exziled
IMO if you are able to determine their algorithm then you might as well share it.

Most of us have already figured it out on our mains anyways, so wouldn't be much abuse. Would also allow a better discussion.

P.S. I used your site the other day and your algorithm is wonky lol my DVA is TERRIBLE but it's rated ~3600. If I mained dva I'd probably be like 3k lol

If you haven't played d.va very much, the output will be inaccurate! takes around 15-20 hours played total to be accurate about your SR. At least 4 hours on any particular hero to get any semblance of accuracy on that hero
08/25/2017 12:12 PMPosted by WhîteKnight
You mean you made the algorithm that told people that they needed to heal more on soldier and kill less with tac visor to gain SR?

Great algorithm.

Sorry it didn't work well for you!

I'd like to keep this discussion closer to the ethical concern however. I've received a lot of useful critism on the program already (~2000 comments on reddit!!!) and i'll be sure to make it better next time! Particularly the advice.
08/25/2017 12:19 PMPosted by thec0der

If you haven't played d.va very much, the output will be inaccurate! takes around 15-20 hours played total to be accurate about your SR. At least 4 hours on any particular hero to get any semblance of accuracy on that hero

I know, law of averages blah blah blah I was just messing with you :P

I do think it's a bit off on Symm stats though, was ranked #1 Symm (currently #3) in NA and it's forecasting me below 4k when I've been above 4k ;P

I'd like to think blizzard would like the information, as there's a chance they could use it to help them adjust their current SR system if the results are conclusive enough.