Next needed change is..

Competitive Discussion
A new scoreboard! Just need to add the important stats. Blocking, healing, hero damage, eliminations.

It would bother a lot of players to see they are n fact doing nothing in a match but maybe we need that mirror for people to look at every now and then.

Like let's say you have a widow Hanzo or whatever taking a DPS spot. Or you have those 4 DPS compositions. Well the few people doing nothing might realize they are doing nothing if they can see the other DPS players are putting them to shame damage wise, or they may see they could be much more effective playing another role.
It's a team game. This sort of thing would make people play more as individuals and therefore just add to the already rampent toxicity.
08/25/2017 12:40 PMPosted by ArbitrayFrag
It's a team game. This sort of thing would make people play more as individuals and therefore just add to the already rampent toxicity.

"It's a team game and we don't need a scoreboard!"
- The argument of people who don't want to be exposed for doing nothing.
This would be a nice qol change and end all those situations where people say they are doing "x,y or z", but aren't actually doing anything.

I think it will just hold people more accountable. There would be no way to hide/justify poor individual play that could be detrimental to the team. If you are playing DPS and not killing anyone the team will see it.
08/25/2017 12:45 PMPosted by WhîteKnight

Or they're just right....?

This isn't CoD, we don't need people playing for the highest individual stats..

A Genji can be effective as a distraction and slayer (separately), if you're diving their supports constantly and just getting that one odd kill, your stats will not reflect that you are heavily contributing when you actually are...
08/25/2017 12:50 PMPosted by RogueNinja

Or they're just right....?

This isn't CoD, we don't need people playing for the highest individual stats..

A Genji can be effective as a distraction and slayer (separately), if you're diving their supports constantly and just getting that one odd kill, your stats will not reflect that you are heavily contributing when you actually are...

Don't know why you're getting dislikes when you're right. A tracer that constantly harasses the back line and takes care of the supports may not be getting big multi kills or have gold elims but still is doing their job correctly and helps swing the team fight in your favor. On the other hand, a Soldier that just goes around shooting everything may have more elims but if they're just taking down the other dps and not focusing the healers, the enemy team can still put up and fight. As for damage, a junkrat constantly spamming and getting no kills but gold damage does not make them the best dps on the team.
People immidiatly jump to the conclusion that a scoreboard's only purpose is to show who is the best.

No, score board can end the toxicity against "troll picks". It can show that our soldier is not doing anything, and actually our Hanzo is the one who kept getting us picks.

It can show if we were idiots who keep jumping into death, or we actually getting no heals.

You know when a toxic player keeps complaining in team chat, we can just ask him to take a look at the scoreboard too see who's actually pulling us down.
08/25/2017 12:47 PMPosted by Robert
This would be a nice qol change and end all those situations where people say they are doing "x,y or z", but aren't actually doing anything.

I think it will just hold people more accountable. There would be no way to hide/justify poor individual play that could be detrimental to the team. If you are playing DPS and not killing anyone the team will see it.
The scoreboard doesn't give context; it won't expose the DVA running off on her own to kill things while leaving her teammates defenseless. It won't tell the tale of the Sombra harassing their backline and getting them to chase her away from both of their teammates.
08/25/2017 12:47 PMPosted by Robert

The scoreboard doesn't give context; it won't expose the DVA running off on her own to kill things while leaving her teammates defenseless. It won't tell the tale of the Sombra harassing their backline and getting them to chase her away from both of their teammates.

Neither does the current system.
This probably wouldn't be a positive change. "Holding people accountable" for bad play won't make them better. In fact, it's far more likely to make them play worse, especially when you factor in the less than stellar social skills of the average Overwatch player. Ask yourself: Do you want to help your team improve their play, or do you want to feel justified in crapping on your teammates?

You're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine. But to assume I'm not playing my role based on an opinion I voiced is very narrowminded. I do my job.

I could easily assume the only people who want a scoreboard are those that treat the game like TDM and want to show how great they are at getting kills even though they are never seen on the payload or CP. But I won't because I'm sure somone out there wants this who is like me and doing their job.

Thanks for your opinion but sorry to say you're wrong. Have a nice day.
You're the one who dont wanna be exposed, you're posting with an alt acc...
i dont think we need this.

but in general a better game overview AFTER the game is finished.

i wanna know the stats of my whole team and the stats of the enemy team to review the game better.

showing a score during the match is just causing more toxicity.. but when the game is over i would like to have a chance to see a proper review, maybe even with a small map including.. showing what ultimates have been used; where did the flanker came from.. all this stuff.
It would clutter up the UI and give us too much info.

We as a community need to focus more on doing our own jobs and less on who isn't doing theirs.

Maybe if people more critically thought about countering the threats the enemy poses and shifting the comp outside the meta to compensate rather than find out who to yell at would be a better thing to think about.
I mean, I dont think its necessarily, a good or bad idea, maybe they could do something like deathmatch, where it shows you the person with gold-whatever stat and that person sees the person with silver stat. this way you could more easily realize, oh !@#$, im doing %^-*all!