Add a way to block voice line spam

General Discussion
Add a way to block voice line spam. Ignoring people does nothing. As good a job as the voice actors do, I do no want to hear "G'day, cobber" 8000 times a minute for the next 22 minutes.

Especially egregious is the fact that I get penalized for leaving if some idiot decides to do it.

Your game has been live for over a year. It is about time you start providing basic functionality.
Agreed.
no my team needs to eat their lucio-oh's
I'm all for it, if it means I can get the D.Va on my team to stop spamming the game's most annoying voice lines.
Its only a game why you have to be mad?Its only a game why you have to be mad?
Its only a game why you have to be mad?Its only a game why you have to be mad?Its only a game why you have to be mad?Its only a game why you have to be mad?
Mercy's "You're welcome" is an exception.
Genjis thinking they're funny by spamming I need healing. They'd probably get more kills if they didn't waste precious button inputs and risk blinding their screen at key moments.
brrrrrrrrring
08/26/2017 12:21 PMPosted by Darien
Add a way to block voice line spam. Ignoring people does nothing. As good a job as the voice actors do, I do no want to hear "G'day, cobber" 8000 times a minute for the next 22 minutes.

Especially egregious is the fact that I get penalized for leaving if some idiot decides to do it.

Your game has been live for over a year. It is about time you start providing basic functionality.

It doesn't allow that, only one voice line can play at a time, I don't see the spam-ability here.
A perfect 10.
Man. I especially despise people who spam "Thanks" when the enemy capped the point.
08/26/2017 12:30 PMPosted by Sandman

It doesn't allow that, only one voice line can play at a time, I don't see the spam-ability here.

Because you can press it again when it finishes. It is really not that complicated.
08/26/2017 12:27 PMPosted by SweetHoney
Mercy's "You're welcome" is an exception.

There are no exceptions. I do not want to hear anything 8000 times a minute for even one minute.
But Spamming Mada Mada is an essential part of Genji's kit!
McCree's "I'm not, good, not bad, but I sure as hell ain't ugly" voice line is so long that you can spam it infinitely without getting the "too many messages" thing.
Cheers love the cavalry's here!
08/26/2017 12:21 PMPosted by Darien

They've already done that though. You can only say 4 lines in a certain time period. In a game like Overwatch, communication is key so you can't make this time period longer because less than 1% of players do something that pisses you off. That's just going to hurt the other 99% of people.