Add a way to block voice line spam

General Discussion
Add a way to block voice line spam. Ignoring people does nothing. As good a job as the voice actors do, I do no want to hear "G'day, cobber" 8000 times a minute for the next 22 minutes.

Especially egregious is the fact that I get penalized for leaving if some idiot decides to do it.

Your game has been live for over a year. It is about time you start providing basic functionality.
Agreed.
no my team needs to eat their lucio-oh's
I'm all for it, if it means I can get the D.Va on my team to stop spamming the game's most annoying voice lines.
Its only a game why you have to be mad?Its only a game why you have to be mad?
Its only a game why you have to be mad?Its only a game why you have to be mad?Its only a game why you have to be mad?Its only a game why you have to be mad?
Its only a game why you have to be mad?Its only a game why you have to be mad?
Its only a game why you have to be mad?Its only a game why you have to be mad?
Mercy's "You're welcome" is an exception.
Genjis thinking they're funny by spamming I need healing. They'd probably get more kills if they didn't waste precious button inputs and risk blinding their screen at key moments.
brrrrrrrrring
08/26/2017 12:21 PMPosted by Darien
Add a way to block voice line spam. Ignoring people does nothing. As good a job as the voice actors do, I do no want to hear "G'day, cobber" 8000 times a minute for the next 22 minutes.

Especially egregious is the fact that I get penalized for leaving if some idiot decides to do it.

Your game has been live for over a year. It is about time you start providing basic functionality.

It doesn't allow that, only one voice line can play at a time, I don't see the spam-ability here.
A perfect 10.
Man. I especially despise people who spam "Thanks" when the enemy capped the point.
08/26/2017 12:30 PMPosted by Sandman

It doesn't allow that, only one voice line can play at a time, I don't see the spam-ability here.


Because you can press it again when it finishes. It is really not that complicated.
08/26/2017 12:27 PMPosted by SweetHoney
Mercy's "You're welcome" is an exception.


There are no exceptions. I do not want to hear anything 8000 times a minute for even one minute.
But Spamming Mada Mada is an essential part of Genji's kit!
McCree's "I'm not, good, not bad, but I sure as hell ain't ugly" voice line is so long that you can spam it infinitely without getting the "too many messages" thing.
Cheers love the cavalry's here!
Cheers love the cavalry's here!
Cheers love the cavalry's here!
Cheers love the cavalry's here!
Cheers love the cavalry's here!
Cheers love the cavalry's here!
Cheers love the cavalry's here!
Cheers love the cavalry's here!
Cheers love the cavalry's here!
Cheers love the cavalry's here!
Cheers love the cavalry's here!
Cheers love the cavalry's here!
08/26/2017 12:21 PMPosted by Darien
Add a way to block voice line spam. Ignoring people does nothing. As good a job as the voice actors do, I do no want to hear "G'day, cobber" 8000 times a minute for the next 22 minutes.

Especially egregious is the fact that I get penalized for leaving if some idiot decides to do it.

Your game has been live for over a year. It is about time you start providing basic functionality.

They've already done that though. You can only say 4 lines in a certain time period. In a game like Overwatch, communication is key so you can't make this time period longer because less than 1% of players do something that pisses you off. That's just going to hurt the other 99% of people.

Join the Conversation

Return to Forum