No it's not random.

General Discussion
Got called out a game ago by a Mercy player for "randomly spamming and getting cheap kills."

When I play Junkrat i'm not spamming grenades and hoping to hit people, i'm firing off grenades where I KNOW people are going to be. It's not like I just aim up and wish for the best.

Every shot I fire is fired with the intention of zoning an area I know people are going to be. I'm triggered right now, someone get me a glass of water.
Its area denial. I hate getting spanked with random grenades and dying by a seemingly mindless spam of grenades, but I know the point to it at least.
Right...
08/29/2017 04:26 PMPosted by Pineapples
Its area denial. I hate getting spanked with random grenades and dying by a seemingly mindless spam of grenades, but I know the point to it at least.

Exactly, it's what Junkrat is built to do. Deny areas and disperse groups. Yea not as "skillful" as a hitscan, I fully admit that. But to say I'm not thinking about what i'm doing? That's insulting.

Plotting out where everyone is and is going to be is how I be effective.
08/29/2017 04:26 PMPosted by Pineapples

Exactly, thats Junkrats job as a defense hero.

Even if it is mindless spam, if its killing people or detering them. Hes doing it right.

People just think "HE WASNT LOOKING AT ME THAT MEANS HES BAD" or "WHAT A BROKEN HERO WHO DOESNT EVEN HAVE TO AIM TO KILL"

His grenades are pretty hard to miss, if hes spamming and you walk into them expect to take a hit
It's spamming. Same for Pharah. The butthurt mercy main just said it in a way that's insulting so you're offended.

Nothing wrong with that, it's how area denial works and people do the same thing in similar games like TF2 except in Overwatch, you have unlimited ammo.
08/29/2017 04:28 PMPosted by LewdLady
Yea not as "skillful" as a hitscan, I fully admit that.

Are you saying that it's easier to lead your grenades at mid-range where the enemies can go in any direction than to simply click on them?
08/29/2017 04:31 PMPosted by Hiyochan
It's spamming. Same for Pharah. The butthurt mercy main just said it in a way that's insulting so you're offended.

Nothing wrong with that, it's how area denial works and people do the same thing in similar games like TF2 except in Overwatch, you have unlimited ammo.

Pretty much this.
08/29/2017 04:31 PMPosted by Hiyochan

Of course I agree completely, it is spamming but it's not "mindless" spamming.

I know where and why i'm shooting where I am. Just kinda irks me people think im just shooting without thinking.
The problem lies in the fact that mindless spam can achieve the same as skillful "spam"/firing, and that for the enemy they often can't tell which is which...

Junkrat can be an amazing crutch character. He and Mei were my most played heroes for my first 100 levels. But he's not a no-skill hero.