Every D.Va engagement now

PTR Feedback
Oh there's a soldier camping highground I'd best do my job and go harass him. I use boosters, a bit of DM and missiles to fly into him. I do a bit of work realising how easy it is to avoid 60% of missile damage by doing some basic strafing. I use remainder of DM to predict the helix which I manage to eat up. Oh I think I got this! *Soldier pops heal station and mercy flies to him* Well I guess I did my best..

Moral of the story: play zarya and win the game. GG EZ.
And if you had a Mercy/Pharah/etc behind you, you would probably have won.

Moral of the story: Don't think a game about teamwork works well as 1v1 or even 1v2 as you said when he had Mercy there.
08/31/2017 04:15 AMPosted by Havok

Moral of the story: Don't think a game about teamwork work well as 1v1 or even 1v2 as you said when he had Mercy there.

with just self heal - soldier will beat d.va
The previous nerfs made her mech easy enough to pop. Even as a Mercy main i could strafe and shoot and de-mech her easy enough. The current change ruins her making mech popping her even more of a joke.

Couple the fact that baby D.Va is often killed before re-meching and that Mercy has single rez now... very few people will really bother rezing her.
This particular engagement isn't exactly effected by these changes though? This is the result of the last nerf. If anything, the shooting while flying and launching micro missiles at him has made it more likely you can kill him before he pops heals/mercy flies to him. For his healing ability, I usually don't fly to him till he uses it.
I hope this isn't a serious post, since it looks more like you tried to self inflate how "complex" you're trying to make the situation by adding a bunch of steps. Here's how you can kill a Soldier:
Step 1: Boost
Step 2: Hold shoot+press missiles
Step 3: Track
(Optional): Stop boosting and track from point blank

DM and missiles to engage instead of just shooting them, ideally from a flank? Sweeping your missiles around praying you'll hit anyone? Wasting time using DM to stop 120 damage when it will fully interrupt your shooting, and let other people come to help? This is a dive hero now, you don't try and dance around in their face, you kill a 200 HP hero, and get out so you can fight 6v5.
08/31/2017 09:58 AMPosted by Greenche
This particular engagement isn't exactly effected by these changes though? This is the result of the last nerf. If anything, the shooting while flying and launching micro missiles at him has made it more likely you can kill him before he pops heals/mercy flies to him. For his healing ability, I usually don't fly to him till he uses it.

Well at least before the ptr nerf you could dm and get out of dodge. Now you blow all of your cooldowns and if the other guy isn't dead you sure as hell are.
08/31/2017 10:19 AMPosted by Lestat
Wasting time using DM to stop 120 damage

Yeah I don't think you have a clue how D.Va duels work.
08/31/2017 04:15 AMPosted by Havok

Moral of the story: Don't think a game about teamwork works well as 1v1 or even 1v2 as you said when he had Mercy there.

So you have a Mercy at your back, here's how that plays out; Soldier baits your laughably pathetic DM, then melts your Mercy, THEN he melts you. His Mercy might need to heal him a tiny bit. Might

So you have a Pharah and a Mercy at your back. He melts your Mercy, because there's still no way to protect her, then he melts your Pharah, because in equally skilled hands a good Soldier beats a good Pharah, and then he melts you.

The realistic situation; you try to dive Soldier, get melted halfway there by him AND his entire team, because this is a team based game, and your team loses the fight because theyre down a man. You then switch off to Reinhardt because at least he can still actually tank and protect his team