Serious question: How to carry potatoes?

Competitive Discussion
So I'm a master Mercy on my main account. I started a second account this season to try other things and placed at around 2000 and grinded my way to diamond. However, in just the past day or so, I have lost over 250 SR out of nowhere, and I don't know what else I can possibly do. Just had an almost 50 kill game with Torbjorn (gold kills, created 70 armor packs) and lost. Had a 50 kill game with Winston before that and still lost. I'm not a DPS carry, so short of that, how do I stop this decline into elo hell and turn these losses into wins as a solo queuer?
Main genji
Welcome to end of season hell, my friend.
You don't lose 250 SR from losing 2 games where you did very well. There is more going on than you are telling us.

Regardless, as you said yourself, you are not a DPS main so getting stuck in diamond for a while is to be expected.
08/25/2017 12:20 AMPosted by Hegemoness
So I'm a master Mercy on my main account

There's your issue. You can't "carry" people when you're the one on the receiving end :p
normally when I buy them at the store they come in a bag, rather easy to carry them if you just leave them in it.
08/25/2017 01:30 AMPosted by Aerohank
You don't lose 250 SR from losing 2 games where you did very well. There is more going on than you are telling us.

Regardless, as you said yourself, you are not a DPS main so getting stuck in diamond for a while is to be expected.

There's nothing more to it, I simply provided two examples of my efforts from recent games. I get a card almost every game, unless I change up characters to benefit the team (switching from tank to healer, etc.). I fill about 75% of the time.

Sounds like I need to buddy up with a dps carry :/
this took me awhile to figure out too.
Just make sure that when you lift the sack, you lift it with your legs, and carry it over your shoulder(not slung over your back).
This actually applies to carrying plenty of different things. It should work fine for potatoes.

tbh I'm not sure why you're asking though. You could find something more extensive with some google searches.
What exactly is this for?
So I'm a master Mercy on my main account. I started a second account this season to try other things and placed at around 2000 and grinded my way to diamond. However, in just the past day or so, I have lost over 250 SR out of nowhere, and I don't know what else I can possibly do. Just had an almost 50 kill game with Torbjorn (gold kills, created 70 armor packs) and lost. Had a 50 kill game with Winston before that and still lost. I'm not a DPS carry, so short of that, how do I stop this decline into elo hell and turn these losses into wins as a solo queuer?

you are a potato yourself , even a silver-gold can play torbjorn -winston- mercy easily , if you think thats an accomplishment you really deserve to be below 4k

Just to be absolutely sure, are you playing on console? Because those stats feel absolutely huge by PC standards.
Enjoy being stuck because of who you play. For now anyways. ;)
It's the end of the season, there's really no hope in climbing, i'm sure blizzard has data that everyone's SR goes down at the end of the season, people stopped caring and the amount of throwers has now doubled and almost every game has it
Put the tater in your hand
Walk forward
???
Delicious
Because there isno difference between a 3000 and 3500 Mercy. Skill is almost exactly the same, and you're playing on console where the skill is far lower compared to PC.

Also a Mercy main talking about "carrying potatoes " is as hypocritical as any statement can get.
Easy process -

Step 1: Stop calling your teammates "potatoes" - people tend to play better when their teammates have faith in them and don't insult them.

Step 2: Play more games. Not all teammates are terrible, and if they consistently are - it might be time to consider the possibility that you are the "potato."
08/25/2017 10:36 AMPosted by Plebster
It's the end of the season, there's really no hope in climbing, i'm sure blizzard has data that everyone's SR goes down at the end of the season, people stopped caring and the amount of throwers has now doubled and almost every game has it

Lol.. man I love some comments. No matter what 6 people win, and 6 people lose. How would they have data of EVERYONES SR going down lmao.

I have personally yet to see a game where both sides lose.
Counter-question:

Why do you want to carry potatoes that are already too high even higher?
You're probably not accustomed to aiming and needing better positioning. A lot of times at high ranks with mercy you can be out of position and still live because of her flying (or your teammates saving you).

My advice would be to play someone like Zen and THEN transition into full on dps. Zen will teach you a bit about positioning/etc.

If you want definitive proof that high elo Mercy players are boosted low ranked players, look no further than this post.

I can't wait until the next patch drops.
Dun blame the potatoes

this is fking blizzard fault. Their matchmaking system is a piece of !@#$.
They cant even make a fair game anymore....

9 out of 10 games, it's either we ROFLSTOMP the enemy or the other way.....

Fking dumb jeff dun understand what is fps