Serious question: How to carry potatoes?

Competitive Discussion
Dude if you are a master and can't carry lower players then maybe you aren't a master player?
Go to ptr, learn the new mercy or prepare for a huge drop.
08/25/2017 01:55 AMPosted by Artorius
normally when I buy them at the store they come in a bag, rather easy to carry them if you just leave them in it.

sorry to burst your bubble, but i pick up the ones i want and place them in a plastic bag. some carrying is involved.
you cant solo carry in this game
08/25/2017 12:28 PMPosted by Havok
That's why boosting is possible right?
08/25/2017 01:49 PMPosted by WhîteKnight
08/25/2017 12:28 PMPosted by Havok
That's why boosting is possible right?

Boosting isn't exactly carrying. In general, 4 or 5 of the players are still going to be legit players at that rank.

It's not like a GM can take a team of 5 Bronze players with 2 hours of gameplay and turn them into a GM team over night.

Those Bronze players would get shredded in a GM game even if Jesus himself had taken the wheel.
Don't solo queue, that's your problem. Unless you're really good at rolling dice.
Half the responses are from Mercy-hating twits. This thread pretty much sums up the Overwatch population. The twits didn't bother to read what I wrote, but instead saw "Mercy main" and started herping derping. Heaven forbid I get a second account to play other roles, which I'm quite competent at as it turns out. Mercy players all get carried and can't do anything right in your eyes, yet you'd get no healing if we didn't exist. I can't wait to taste your salty little tears when the new changes to her role out.

Thank you for the actual responses. It appears that this SR loss is likely due to end of season anomalies. I'm gonna call it a season before losing any more SR.
08/25/2017 02:59 PMPosted by Hegemoness
Thank you for the actual responses. It appears that this SR loss is likely due to end of season anomalies. I'm gonna call it a season before losing any more SR.

I was actually serious in asking about whether you are a console player or not, because all my games are in PCs, and your stats as Winston and Torbjorn are very high by PC standards.

IMHO, I assume your best heroes are Torb and Winston in console. I asked my nephew who plays on PS4, and your best bet is to ask your team mates to complement your hero -- request for an Orisa for your Torb, and a Mercy for your Winston.

If you don't get a complementary hero from your team mates, play Winston on the understanding that you know all health pack locations in a map. Instead of the usual "jump in-bubble-attack-jump out" sequence, opt for a more conservative "run in-bubble-attack-jump out to health pack". And avoid heroes that counter Winston: McRee and Reaper. There are ways for dealing with those counters, but I don't want to make this into a long post.

The other guy who suggested not calling your team mates potatoes is spot on -- saw this GM play with 5 bronzes vs. 6 gold players, and even though the 1GM5BR team lost, the GM was never even close to getting tilted, made suggestions on where to fight on the Eichenwalde map, kept things positive the whole time, and put blame only on his mistakes and never even once commented on the mistakes of his 5 bronze team mates. A winning attitude goes a long way towards keeping a team aggressive and focused on the game.

Much luck in your games!
I don't call my teammates potatoes, not sure what gave people that idea. Yes, I play on PS4. Today I went up 100 SR and had another 50 kill game with Winston :fistpump:
08/25/2017 08:58 PMPosted by Hegemoness
I don't call my teammates potatoes, not sure what gave people that idea. Yes, I play on PS4. Today I went up 100 SR and had another 50 kill game with Winston :fistpump:

Your title is LITERALLY how to carry potatoes.
Also the reason your getting hate is because Mercy is usually the character that get's carried, not vice versa.

Awright! Congratulations! :D
08/25/2017 01:51 AMPosted by Tankz
08/25/2017 12:20 AMPosted by Hegemoness
So I'm a master Mercy on my main account

There's your issue. You can't "carry" people when you're the one on the receiving end :p

Oooooh wee that one was spicy
08/25/2017 09:00 PMPosted by Nope

Your title is LITERALLY how to carry potatoes.
Also the reason your getting hate is because Mercy is usually the character that get's carried, not vice versa.

Serious question: How to carry potatoes?
Well, I broke Master maining support today...had to go on a 7 winstreak from 3383, my gains were horrible.
Depends on what your making are making mashed potatoes? Them smash em. Are you making potato salad? Then your gonna wanna cut them up into little slices. Or if your feeling dangerous Rose Merry Potatoes involves cutting the potatoes into cubes then roasting them in the oven at approximately 175 degrees for 30 minutes then after you may want to season them after I highly reccomend cilantro but that's just me
08/26/2017 12:52 AMPosted by HopsAlMighty
Well, I broke Master maining support today...had to go on a 7 winstreak from 3383, my gains were horrible.

congrats!
You people seriously do not even have the ability to read the post before you post ....HE SAID SO CLEARLY THAT HE IS NOT PLAYING MERCY ON THIS 2nd ACT !!!!

last time i checked mercy was not a short little dwarf who built turrets or does she look like a big hairy ape

READ THE F##$#$# posts before you respond so you don't come across as
08/26/2017 01:04 AMPosted by Paradox
You people seriously do not even have the ability to read the post before you post ....HE SAID SO CLEARLY THAT HE IS NOT PLAYING MERCY ON THIS 2nd ACT !!!!

last time i checked mercy was not a short little dwarf who built turrets or does she look like a big hairy ape

READ THE F##$#$# posts before you respond so you don't come across as

...except they have 141 hours of Mercy in competitive mode this season on this account. Maybe if you did your research before flying off the handle you'd break 700 SR, just a thought.
08/25/2017 12:09 PMPosted by WhîteKnight
If you want definitive proof that high elo Mercy players are boosted low ranked players, look no further than this post.

I can't wait until the next patch drops.

08/25/2017 12:13 PMPosted by ImVeryNoob
this is fking blizzard fault. Their matchmaking system is a piece of !@#$.
They cant even make a fair game anymore...

I just wanted to sneak this in -- I believe it is a great kindness and plain ol' common decency to put yourself in the OP's shoes based on what he has stated openly, instead of making snide comments that's beside the point anyway.

The OP probably knows the meta game, likely positions well in maps for decisive engagements, and probably groups up with his team. The OP probably doesn't have good aim mechanics on mid to long-range, hence the hero choices he has made.

I think it is enough to just affirm the OP's choices in terms of expanding the his hero pool via his alt account, and just suggest tactics which might give him an edge -- mainly to take a cautiously aggressive tactical stance if he's playing tank/support/constructor hero classes, as opposed to the usual calculated dominating aggression of the main dps classes (especially those that flank).

As usual, I wish all of you much luck in your games. :)