Sigh...the hype is dead

General Discussion
Prev 1 10 11 12
09/02/2017 07:40 PMPosted by Pendant
09/02/2017 07:32 PMPosted by Arcadius

You must be a really sharp DPS main who carries his team to victory with the sheer amount of damage you do to the enemy team. Yet... you're in platinum as well?

I just stop playing comp every season after I hit platinum. It's enough comp points for me and I don't feel like playing another 50+ hours of comp to get into diamond. Luckily this season the game doesn't arbitrarily dump you down 200+ SR out of placements so it will be even smoother.

Awfully defensive for someone who talks with a big mouth.
09/01/2017 01:52 PMPosted by Malik
Honestly I can't even get angry anymore, I've just ran out of craps to give.
I had such high hopes for this game, and it feels like every patch past season 3, the game just finds new ways to disappoint me.

I suppose I should have seen this coming when people wanted tanks and supports nerfed for being "Too powerful" Not to mention that blizzard wants this game to be a big E-sport and naturally the most interesting things to watch are DPS players.

In fact the only pro player I've seen get even remotely the same praise and recognition as most dps pro players is Boombox from eUnited and even he swaps to soldier if things start looking bad.

The reason I'm so irked about this, is because one of the biggest draws to overwatch at the time was the prospect that you could be successful at the game even if your aim wasn't the best in the world...fast forward more then a year later, and I feel like I've been lied to.

Basically you really only have 2 choices, Either pick a damage hero and become so exceptionally good that you pull yourself out, Like effectively 2 tiers higher then where you're currently at, or find some high ranking players to queue up with and have them pull you out. Once you get rid of all the fluffs and maybes those are really your only options.

I'm just tired, tired of dps biased balancing and tired of trying to work with these horrible people i get paired with. You know the ones, the ones that point all the blame at the support for not healing them despite not doing anything to make it so they can heal.

I lost count of how many times i got dove by winstons and genjis and my team did nothing to help. And yet you have to do it anyway cause if you don't then who will? Certainly not anyone on your team. It really makes you feel like the littlest beta male. Yet I know that if i don't I just become part of the problem....

The game I paid for is long gone, the game i enjoyed, the game that felt fair,the game where i felt I could actually achieve something has been replaced by a wannabe counter-strike/dota hybrid that seems to be going through an identity crisis,balancing issues and where you can't even snowball the game.

it's a shame really, I had such high hopes for this game too. I know I'm probably gonna get down-voted by people who are just gonna say i suck at the game. And maybe you're right. If that means getting sick of dive meta, sick of dps biased balancing, sick of always trying to make sure everyone else gets their way, and sick of getting yelled at by people who clearly wanna deflect their incompetence on me. Then yeah I guess I'm bad at the game.

Same, the game I fell in love with and have been addicted too since I first gave it a shot back in S3 is gone. I don't even feel like I'm playing overwatch anymore.

Supports are just heal bots (weak healing I might add) who can't defend themselves and tanks are just there to make sure DPS can get their ults charged fast.

I've finally put it to rest for the time being. And it'll stay that way until tanks and healers get the same love and balance dps get. But that'll never happen because tanks and support aren't fun and when they are fun DPS players cry for nerfs and get their way.

I will never forget Overwatch for reinvigorating my love for games, though. I don't think I've put this much time into any game since I was a kid playing my ps1 and sega genesis.
09/02/2017 07:49 PMPosted by Arcadius
09/02/2017 07:40 PMPosted by Pendant

I just stop playing comp every season after I hit platinum. It's enough comp points for me and I don't feel like playing another 50+ hours of comp to get into diamond. Luckily this season the game doesn't arbitrarily dump you down 200+ SR out of placements so it will be even smoother.

Awfully defensive for someone who talks with a big mouth.

It's not so much defensive as it is a fact. I think my career high is 2512 or maybe 2522, pretty sure it's one of those two. I really just stop at that point.