Mercy nerf was too much

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
I'm fine with the infinite ammo. As a Mercy player who uses the pistol, it always seems to hit reload when whoever is on me has 20 health left and is out of melee range. I still wish they'd buff the magazine size to 25.
i feel like it's justified. sure, nano on a valkyrie battle mercy is amazing but its completely out of Mercy's role. she is the only healer that doesnt really damage just regularly, you have to swap to the pistol and stop healing. i feel like dps mercy is an emergency action and not what the overwatch team want the focus to be. we can't forget that she still has an amazkng new ult letting her pocket her whole team while tempo rezzing the whole mid-fight. the nerf is to get people focusing on the strengths blizzard wants her to have.
She's a healing character, it makes more sense for her focus to be on healing or buffing her allies damage, not charging into battle like Soldier 76 or Pharah.
Called it. Was quite amusing tho seeing all the posts thinking battle mercy was gonna be a thing. Only DPS are allowed fun things
08/29/2017 10:02 PMPosted by michael
08/29/2017 09:37 PMPosted by Geeschier
Now using her pistol while ulting will just deal normal dmg with normal firerate, only with unlimited ammo.
I don't see why anyone would use her pistol now.
they won't cause actiblizz wants no one making the !@#$ing flying fun killer called phara feel like she has a viable threat against her.

Soldier and even Bastion in Recon mode can kill Pharah easily if she's not pointblank. Just need to be able to aim and control your fire well enough.
Really, I don't think she ever needed a pistol buff during Valkyrie. Mercy is intended to be the quintessential support character, to help her teammates in any way she can. The pistol is her sidearm for a reason; she's not meant to use it too often. The pistol is good only because in the rare event that she does need to use it, she needs to be able to remove the threat as quickly as possible. In most situations it is more effective for Mercy to escape battle using her Guardian Angel ability than to fight, as, although she has a good gun, she isn't built to fight. So, if you think about it like that, the increased fire rate actually distracts for Mercy's main goal as a character. Overall, I still don't think that Valkyrie is properly balanced. It is extremly powerful, even with the nerf, and I feel that it might be a bit longer until we see the changes come to live.
08/29/2017 09:47 PMPosted by LazyTitan
08/29/2017 09:43 PMPosted by Malevolent
People seem to forget she gets a teamwide heal with her ult...

Thought lucio and zen would be better in a team heal situation like that. What ult is she really going to save someone from with that little bit of healing during her ult? All I see her ult being is a get out jail free card when's she being swamped.

Why does a healer's ult need to be ult denial to be considered good? Why not consider using it to just heal the entire team during a push? or use it to hold a point? She still out heals a lot of damage and you're using it on the entire team....
In case her attempt to keep the team alive fails? Also to kill pharah. It is way easier to hit pharah with the mercy pistol than it is for pharah to hit a flying mercy. Mercy is the pharah counter that no one wanted.
Her pistol already did decent damage in my opinion, having it not needing to reload is enough of a boost to her dps given that her role should still be a healer.
The idea of using Valkyire is primarily not the Blaster.
I feel like Blizzard !@#$ed up both D.va and Mercy. At least with her new ult she could've dealt nice damage and be fun to play now it's just healing which doesn't really make up for her old ult.
I liked that she had options
Either team kill
Or team heal
Was nice to see while it lasted

Feel like many mercys don't use their pistol enough
Often times I attack one and the just jump and down until I kill them

Only a few have pulled out their pistol and drove me off
I feel like Mercy could do with a little help with her survivability during her ult. No more extra damage and fire rate, how about a small shield when ult is activated. It makes more sense than the extra dmg and firerate boost, and fits her character, wings, extra shield, flight, etc.
Anyone who was satisfied with the previous damage of mercy, just after the rework, IS A !@#$ING MORON.
Oh my God! Look what have you done Blizz! With Mercy's rework everyone wants her to raise hell with her ult. Her ult should enhance her support skills, not her DPS skills.
08/29/2017 10:13 PMPosted by Malevolent
08/29/2017 09:47 PMPosted by LazyTitan

Thought lucio and zen would be better in a team heal situation like that. What ult is she really going to save someone from with that little bit of healing during her ult? All I see her ult being is a get out jail free card when's she being swamped.

Why does a healer's ult need to be ult denial to be considered good? Why not consider using it to just heal the entire team during a push? or use it to hold a point? She still out heals a lot of damage and you're using it on the entire team....

It doesn't, but due to the fact that you HAVE to kill the entire enemy team to make progress on the point... pretty much all useful ults need to be able to do 1 of the 3 following things.

1) Set up a team kill. (Zarya, Rein, Ana)
2) Perform a team kill. (Every DPS ult ever)
3) Prevent or nullify a team kill. (Lucio, Zen, Mercy)

Guess which ult in the game currently does none of that? Widow's. Guess who's ult is largely considered the worst? Widow's.
I just hope Mercy ult doesn't become like Orisa's now, long duration but kinda boring and dull feeling. Getting off a good rez previously was one the few things that gave me a little dopamine rush playing Mercy.
I wouldn't want to use her pistol. I want to use her support abilities. When people were saying her ult was too good now I was asking to only change the gun and leave everything else alone. They did that and i'm fine with it.
08/29/2017 10:13 PMPosted by Malevolent

So, before PTR her ult was on of the strongest ult denial and now it's considered as NOT ult denial. Pretty strong nerf then.

And that thing about "team-wide" heal. It's unreliable as hell.
First, it works in medium radius (near 15 meters - her usual beam length).
Second, it's still the same 60 hps. So she cant outheal the damage from ultimates (note that I'm not implying that she should).
Third, if your teammates will huddle together for chain heal it's a big red sign for enemy team to drop their ults/Aoe.
And, at last, there's still a LoS check for beam to work. So your team is supposed to stay grouped AND in the open for "entire team heal". Sounds dangerous.

Oh, and it's rare to see Valkyrie Mercy boosting entire team because there's often someone who's damaged, so the healing is prioritized.

I am just asking, for what impact should I use her utlimate now?
As an escape tool? Too much for an ultimate ability.
As an 2 man rez? Previously there were up to 5.
For flying? And catch a bullet in the head. (mind the nerfed fly speed)
For Battle Mercy? And let my teammates die without healing...
As a usual Stuff usage from farther distances with a chance to affect more then one person? And they called it an ultimate ability. Probably the most reliable usage.

I am okay with her Resurrect as basic ability but her ultimate offers little in comparsion with her previous Mass Resurrection.

P.S. It's only my opinion. I do not demand Blizzard to buff her back. And I also can be wrong. But for now, her ultimate look sad to me. Correct me if I wrong. But please, care to clarify your answer. And I hope, you will not downvote people just for having a different opinion.
Damage and fire rate buff wasnt needed but fly speed is pretty much the only thing that makes her ult worth so she could survive, if they have a good hitscan u wont last more than 5 seconds unless you hide.