does anyone else feel like Mei counters no one.

General Discussion
She should be a counter to tracer, but tracer can just teleport away from her. Genji as well, he just has to dash and double jump to get away from Mei. Mei also should counter Dva, but it takes forever to kill dva, and 5 other people will take you out before you even do anything to Dva. Samething with Roadhog, sure you can freeze yourself if he hooks you, but 5 other people are waiting for you to un-freeze and blast you.

I think Mei needs something, even with the new junkrat buff, Mei has gotten worse, it was bad enough trying to deal with pharah. I really cant think of why Mei has gotten nothing, and almost counters no one. The only real counter I think think of is Sym, since you can freeze Sym before she can get full power, and you can heal yourself. But there are better counters to sym.
Well that's kinda why no one plays her.

https://masteroverwatch.com/heroes/pc/global/mode/ranked

She get's picked 0.76% of the time, just above Bastion with a 0.05% selection rating.
Mei is a DEFESIVE hero - she doesn't go out and try to kill people - she kills the people who come to HER.
You don't counter Genji by going out and chasing him - your mere presence in the backline makes Genji incapable of trying to dive in and attack your supports because he'll die instantly.
Your mere presence keeps D.VA from being free to dive your team, because she'll get frozen and focused down instantly.
You can 1v1 squishy characters - but you let them come to YOU. You ambush them.
The Wall is a great way of splitting teams who are trying to push through chokes, so you're a good counter to deathball set-ups.

You're a DEFENSE hero - you HOLD positions, you don't go out and attack people.
It's so frustrating how little attention Mei's state in the game gets, she is very blatantly underpowered but no one seems to care, she is by no means trash tier, but there are just SO many better options than her she isn't viable.
She counters a playstyle and is capable of winning almost any 1v1 in close range.
She doesn't actually counter the heroes she SHOULD counter, and the heroes that currently don't have counters (which is just going to get them nerfed in the long run).

Please refer to the thread I made on this very subject:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20758668647

I'd welcome a full Mei rework, though. Ideally, it would make her into a harder counter for high mobility heroes while making her less cancerous to play against for non-mobility heroes.
She counters the payload and the point pretty well.

Seriously, would you go near a Mei?
The new JR buff is ridiculous and I'm just waiting for a nerf. He's mindless, aimless DPS now who doesn't even have to choose whether to be mobile on the map or explosive.

With that said, Mei is plenty strong if you play her in the niche she's supposed to be in. She's area control. She's there to make you think twice about going around a corner without any backup. She can run flat out at a Rein and kill him through his shield. Mei in a group fight never leaves me alone when I'm playing Rein. She self-heals in an invincible ice block to stall points and objectives. There are plenty of people Mei can kill and her kit provides plenty of utility. JR needs a nerf; Mei does not need a buff.
Mei is a DEFESIVE hero - she doesn't go out and try to kill people - she kills the people who come to HER.

No she doesn't. There isn't a decent Tracer or Genji or whoever out there that can't take her out from a distance.

Every engagement is exactly the same. You shoot Mei from a distance until she ice blocks, then you kill her when she defrosts.
If you think that mei isn't good, you just either don't know how to wall, or don't know how to team fight.
it's up to you to learn, bud. not up to the game to fit in your want
09/05/2017 12:27 AMPosted by Pulsefire
You don't counter Genji by going out and chasing him - your mere presence in the backline makes Genji incapable of trying to dive in and attack your supports because he'll die instantly.
Your mere presence keeps D.VA from being free to dive your team, because she'll get frozen and focused down instantly.
You can 1v1 squishy characters - but you let them come to YOU. You ambush them.
The Wall is a great way of splitting teams who are trying to push through chokes, so you're a good counter to deathball set-ups.

You're a DEFENSE hero - you HOLD positions, you don't go out and attack people.

Yes, but we're not in QP and people tend to play in team.
09/05/2017 12:35 AMPosted by Kyle
If you think that mei isn't good, you just either don't know how to wall, or don't know how to team fight.

Literally so accurate!
I notice that the players who say Mei is good, OP, or even decent are either ranked silver where everyone is pretty bad, or have flat out no time playing as her. But then the higher ranks and players who DO play her say "Yeah, Mei is pretty bad at basically everything"
09/05/2017 12:20 AMPosted by Hecatomb
She should be a counter to tracer, but tracer can just teleport away from her. Genji as well, he just has to dash and double jump to get away from Mei. Mei also should counter Dva, but it takes forever to kill dva, and 5 other people will take you out before you even do anything to Dva. Samething with Roadhog, sure you can freeze yourself if he hooks you, but 5 other people are waiting for you to un-freeze and blast you.

I think Mei needs something, even with the new junkrat buff, Mei has gotten worse, it was bad enough trying to deal with pharah. I really cant think of why Mei has gotten nothing, and almost counters no one. The only real counter I think think of is Sym, since you can freeze Sym before she can get full power, and you can heal yourself. But there are better counters to sym.

D.Va
Bastion
Torbjorn
Symmetra
Who told you dhe should counter tracer? The only way she kills tracer is by headshotting her.

Besides, she does have the upper hand vs both genji and dva. Running away doesnt mean they win, it means they are rightfully afraid. Everytime mei catches a dva it's a death sentence for her meka
She counters so much heros. Every 200 HP hero that you surprise in a corner is dead, soldier,mcree if you defense froze to evade flashbang, genji is easy, doomfist,reaper,sombra,Lucio,roadhog,dva specially, etc.

She is so underated, also she is a very good hero in team play letting enemies frozen for your teammates to finish.
09/05/2017 12:33 AMPosted by Destian
She doesn't actually counter the heroes she SHOULD counter, and the heroes that currently don't have counters (which is just going to get them nerfed in the long run).

Please refer to the thread I made on this very subject:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20758668647

I'd welcome a full Mei rework, though. Ideally, it would make her into a harder counter for high mobility heroes while making her less cancerous to play against for non-mobility heroes.
This.

Mei sucks at being an anti-flanker right now.
But Mei is good against Dva and Roadhog so there's that.
Her ice both takes too long to freeze and it doesn't freeze targets for long enough.

Combine that with her slow ult, meh.

Remove the delay on her icicle gun and she may pop up again.
09/05/2017 12:35 AMPosted by Kyle
You only have like 2 hours with Mei, and you are telling people they are bad, also you dont have the right to tell people they are bad if you are only sliver in ranked, and a lot of people have a understanding how the meta works. And no Mei doesnt really counter anyone, tracer can teleport away, and genji can dash out or double jump and climb a wall. Dva doesnt need to fight Mei, she can matrix, and let someone like soldier pick off mei, or anyone else.
I don't think Mei actually needs to counter anyone. She provides a LOT of utility, and she alone can drastically change the course of a game just with Ice Wall alone, if done well enough. This doesn't include her utility in an actual fight: if you're in close quarters, you're likely going to lose simply because you're completely disabled. It doesn't have to be against Genji or Tracer specifically, but it's hard to escape her without the use of high-mobility, CC, or a teammate's aid.