Why don't people join voice chat in comp?

Competitive Discussion
I used to join voicechat. Now I don't and I also leave teamchat and allchat. I perfom way better without it.
08/19/2017 10:46 AMPosted by pmanbiotches
I'm talking about the people that join games and never join/refuse to join team chat. I can't understand for the life of me why people don't/won't join voice chat. It literally wins games. It's fine if they don't have a mic/don't want to talk, but why can't they just listen to our callouts? I wouldn't think it's because of toxicity. I might just be lucky, but games where people are toxic right off the bat are rare for me. How could you even tell if the people are toxic if you don't join in the first place? Is it because you have an unpopular hero you want to pick? Again, I could just be lucky on this one, but even when people pick an unpopular hero, (Hanzo on attack for example) they just say "Okay let's roll with this and see how it goes."
Please, if you are someone that does this, let me know why and how to convince people to join.

i dont join chat because nothing but a bunch of 16 yr olds on this game who are extremely toxic. believe me, i gave VC a chance a few times, and every time I gave it a chance, there was toxicity EVERY GAME. even if we win or lose, still toxic.

bunch of entitled 16 yr old where mommy and daddy did not raise them right, so they do nothing but disrespect and act like they are not the problem. All I hear is "im not getting heals, dps do something, you guys suck, you guys are fing retarded, hope you die, are you retarded?, and so on and so on"

from me being mercy to soldier to rein....there is always something wrong that someone is doing.

I perform much better w/o VC. I was able to hit 2200 w/o it. While I was on voice chat actually giving it a chance, I would stay stuck in bronze/silver because of the toxicity - and yep, toxicity effects my performance; im sure just like anyone else.

Oh yeah, and the person who usually tells me to join VC is actually the toxic one. 9 times out of 10
02/04/2018 04:07 PMPosted by SpookSeed
I dont because i get bullied and people are mean. Im a flex player and i still get flamed
exactly my issue. Bunch of entitled ill-mannered 16 yr olds
I weigh out if I should be on voice chat on a game to game basis.

I listen, say hello and see where the communication is going. If I hear toxicity, music playing, squeakers, casual non game/match releated chatter, I turn voice off until the match is over.

Match communication is great, when correctly practiced.
Because most of the time, I don't need it and you're throwing unnecessary information at me. I'd rather be completely focused on my own gameplay or my duo's callouts. If someone asks me to join, then I will but if I feel like your callouts aren't helping I'll just leave again.
02/05/2018 06:00 AMPosted by iMuteChat
02/04/2018 04:07 PMPosted by SpookSeed
I dont because i get bullied and people are mean. Im a flex player and i still get flamed
exactly my issue. Bunch of entitled ill-mannered 16 yr olds
Alot of the players I run into are around my age. 20+ and I rarely hear any ill said statements. Everyone is chill. So I'm sorry that you have to deal with so many bad players.
02/05/2018 06:32 PMPosted by Eon
Because most of the time, I don't need it and you're throwing unnecessary information at me. I'd rather be completely focused on my own gameplay or my duo's callouts. If someone asks me to join, then I will but if I feel like your callouts aren't helping I'll just leave again.
No information is unnecessary information. Unless they're really saying irrelevant stuff of straight abusing people, just keeping a level of communication could form a level of trust with each other. Obviously, just mute annoying/abusive people, but there are people who actually want to communicate and talk properly with you.
I really miss callouts, but in Plat and below (I haven't been to Diamond) there isn't much that can be communicated outside of "we need this character / don't need this one / there's a reaper at the spawn / there's a mccree behind us" and that's pretty much it.

everything else is something people should know and understand as well as you do in your SR level (such as "don't get off the payload during overtime) -- and that's the problem, people from old CoD type games come in, play a hitscan, get placed in Gold or Plat, but have no idea how any of the Overwatch maps work, have very little experience in anything outside of QP, and muck up the game badly while making constant terrible calls on the mic. THAT is the problem, and VC does NOT help it.

It stinks but it's true.

Forum Moderator Note: This thread has been locked. Please keep the age of a thread in mind when posting in it so as not to resurrect old threads. If you wish to provide feedback or participate in discussion on a topic, be sure to start a new thread or find another that's recent.

Thanks!