Yet another loot box drop rate thread

General Discussion
Anyone else seeing the rate of legendary drops greatly reduced since the "no more duplicates" update? I used to be able to grind many more legendaries over the course of the two weeks in past events but this event and last have been brutal. Not to mention I'm getting almost no credit gain...opened up at least 40 loot boxes in this event and got 2 legendaries and only 400 credits! 400!?!?! Noticed a similar trend in uprising. In Anniversary and previous events, from roughly the same amount of loot boxes, I usually got 3-4 legendaries and enough credits to buy at least 2 other legendary skins and then some!

I'm scared for Halloween for all the wrong reasons :(

Blizzard PLZ!
08/28/2017 09:09 AMPosted by cuahify
Anyone else seeing the rate of legendary drops greatly reduced since the "no more duplicates" update?

Nope. I've gotten a large quantity of legendaries, actually. Far more than I got before. I doubt they changed the rate for them, I think I've just been lucky, but they almost certainly did not lower them.

I've also gotten ~1200-ish credits in about 25-ish boxes during the event.
I don't think the rate was decreased, but instead this new formula forces that drop rate to an extent. Meaning that it will actually go out of its way to not give you a legendary until you either hit that that maximum number of crates where you're guaranteed a legendary, or if the RNG actually rolls a legendary.
different question, regarding same topic:
do I not get coins for double skins anymore? I swear that I just didn't.
This would explain why my credits stayed so low even though i was playing a level at least every day + arcade drops
Anyone else seeing the rate of legendary drops greatly reduced since the "no more duplicates" update? I used to be able to grind many more legendaries over the course of the two weeks in past events but this event and last have been brutal. Not to mention I'm getting almost no credit gain...opened up at least 40 loot boxes in this event and got 2 legendaries and only 400 credits! 400!?!?! I'm scared for Halloween for all the wrong reasons :(

Blizzard PLZ!

We have never lowered the drop rate of legendary items. Also, the drop rate of legendary items is higher during events (the seasonal legendaries are on a separate drop table).
Disagree with your post. Please stop complaining about loot boxes. Blizzard has done exactly what you guys have cried about (make skins purchasable with coins, lower dupe rate, etc.) and you still have the nerve to complain.

That aside.. I got everything I want this event. Grill master, Scuba Sombra, Pharah's highlight intro and a list of poses, etc.

I will say this... Credits do "seem" to take a bit longer to accumulate. I spent 30 bucks on boxes and received another 10-12 from playing and have only amassed 755 coins. That's a given though I guess from the lack of dupes.
08/28/2017 09:17 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
Not to mention I'm getting almost no credit gain...opened up at least 40 loot boxes in this event and got 2 legendaries and only 400 credits! 400!?!?! I'm scared for Halloween for all the wrong reasons :(

Blizzard PLZ!

We have never lowered the drop rate of legendary items. Also, the drop rate of legendary items is higher during events (the seasonal legendaries are on a separate drop table).

Not this again.

Jeff why do you even give these threads the time of day.

Google exists for a reason
Also, the drop rate of legendary items is higher during events (the seasonal legendaries are on a separate drop table).

Matches my experience perfectly. I seemed to get a gold drop every 5-6 loot boxes during this event.

08/28/2017 09:19 AMPosted by linkdude240
Not this again.

Jeff why do you even give these threads the time of day.

Google exists for a reason

Now we have new confirmation that specifically proves drop rates were not altered (well, not lowered, but actually raised) during this event. This is pretty valuable to have.
Anyone else seeing the rate of legendary drops greatly reduced since the "no more duplicates" update? I used to be able to grind many more legendaries over the course of the two weeks in past events but this event and last have been brutal. Not to mention I'm getting almost no credit gain...opened up at least 40 loot boxes in this event and got 2 legendaries and only 400 credits! 400!?!?! I'm scared for Halloween for all the wrong reasons :(

Blizzard PLZ!

Jeff I've been farming lootboxes almost whole event and I only need 60-70 more gold to finally be able to unlock Pharah's highlight intro. And I can't farm money because there are no dupes. What should I do :/

Blizzard PLZ!

Oh !@#$, news drop. It does seem like they increase the legendary drop rate, by first and third box were event legendaries :3

Inserts hi youtube here~
Guys... I don't think they reduced the chances of you getting a legendary. It's just RNG. One day you'll get three legendaries and then you won't get them for two weeks.

I don't like it but that's how it works.
I keep getting 3-4 duplicates...in my boxes. With the occasional purple. And a few golds
they should make it so that on events only event legendaries are gonna drop, opened 100 boxes so far and only gotten 3 event legendaries and 4 old ones aswell as alot of dupes, its pretty great rn, every lootbox that doesnt contain pink and above will get me these sweet sweet credits
Anyone else seeing the rate of legendary drops greatly reduced since the "no more duplicates" update?
You must be joking right? Since the "no dupes update" I have been getting alot more new legendaries (ones that weren't just dupes) than before.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I don't mean to be rude Jeff, but that sounds like a huge contradiction. Could you explain more?

How is that in any way a contradiction? Read it again. He says they never lower the drop rate for legendaries, but event boxes use a separate loot table with more legendary items available to get in it, so the drop rates in those boxes are higher.

Reading comprehension?

Thanks Jeff, I've actually had a great time with it this event. Stay groovy
It honestly feels the same to me. Duplicates are far less current, but I get more chests in return. I like this system a LOT more.
(the seasonal legendaries are on a separate drop table).
Any chance we can get the percentage chance of getting a seasonal legendary as compared to the normal ones during an event?