This Event is Trash Due to the New Lootbox System

General Discussion
So lootboxes are rng I get that but the coin system is supposed to negate that kind of style for cosmetics but they made it so that coins aren't given to you as much. You are supposed to get less dups and more coins but it seems like everyone is getting less coins. The coin system was the only thing that made lootboxs fair because if you don't get a skin due to totally rng you have coins to fall back but you dont get coins now at all so why should there be coins? It makes no sense that soon as an event hits its basically grind and grind because you wont get coins.
I noticed this as well. I thought the change would be welcome but I haven't noticed a significant improvement, if any.

While I was getting dups 90% of the time, at least some of the dups were high value items. Even with the dups giving peanuts for coins compared to the actual value of the item, at least I got enough coins to somewhat compensate for the lack of new items in the lootboxes.

Now the coin income has became a small dribble. I don't get dups as much, but it's mostly sprays, voicelines, and icons. Rarely a skin or emote. And occasionally a small chest of coins.

This whole lootbox thing was silly and insulting from the start. We should have just started with everything except for skins and gained coins from playing more games.
Keep the lootbox, but maybe have another way of gaining credits? Like a very small payout from each match, or some type of daily quest system (as said in this post: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20758886175 )
I agree
I'm not absolutely sure, but I've got a strong feeling that while dupes are admittedly down, the amount of common sprays, player icons, etc. as opposed to Epics and Legendaries are a lot higher. Likely because there's more of those items I know, but skins, highlight intros and victory poses seem a lot rarer, especially Gold and Magenta ones.
yes, the coin drop rate is now pathetic. I used to get around 2000-3000 from grinding each event, now i barely got 1000 coins.
No your just disappointed because you thought less dupes more skins.
08/22/2017 10:48 PMPosted by Light
No your just disappointed because you thought less dupes more skins.

The problem are the coins. They said that we will get the same coins out of the boxes because they would higher the chances to get coins. I don't noticed that eithe...
I knew they were nerfing the amount of dups. But damn! I haven't gotten 1 duplicate in 40 levels xD. I need moneys Blizz. Especially around Christmas and Halloween. I need my Witch and Nutcracker skin.
This is probably how they'll encourage people to buy lootboxes. You won't get as many dupes until you've actually collected the majority of loot for all the heroes. So you either play a lot and lvl to eventually start getting dupes again, or you can keep buying lootboxes until you start getting dupes.
Posted on another thread
08/22/2017 11:03 PMPosted by Tracer
08/22/2017 10:25 PMPosted by Reckless
I opened more than 80 boxes since the start of the Summer event and only got 1200 credits. That's just unacceptable.

Didn't Jeff say that the amount of credits will be the same or more than before the Loot box update?

While that's true, The current lootboxes are giving less credits because of the summer event, you're more likely to get a summer event related item because of the decreased chance of duplicates. When the summer event ends, you'll receive more credits than current, by a mass margin I would assume.
i dont really understand all the hate for the lootbox system. i got every single event item so far except 3, without spendind a single coin. and keep in mind, i wasnt even here last year for summer games, so i got almost two events worth of items without spending anything in the course of one.
On the one hand I got 15k credits worth of event items, which is definitely more than I would've gotten any other year. OTOH I still haven't gotten Widow, 76, nor Sombra skins which is the ones that I wanted most. I guess I can't complain because I did get both McCree skins in one box, and I did kinda want those as well. So that was pretty lucky as well. If I buy those three now, I'll have nothing left over for the next event. And considering how excruciatingly slow the credit drops have been, I'm gonna have to think pretty hard before buying the things I actually want even though I have enough credits banked from the old system. I've only made about 1.2k credits and I've been playing a hell of a lot. I wouldn't have worried about it with the old one.

So I've got way more event items than I really thought possible, but not the ones I wanted most of all. I guess that's a fair trade considering I was missing an awful lot of stuff.

I think this will all work out better in the long run though when I've come closer to having all vanilla content.
Well what do you want, no dupes or more coins? Because you can't have the best of both worlds. You'll only start getting more coins if you own most things already, particularly all the commons and rares. Otherwise, too bad, you're going to get stuff you "don't want."
08/23/2017 12:23 AMPosted by Kurai
Well what do you want, no dupes or more coins? Because you can't have the best of both worlds. You'll only start getting more coins if you own most things already, particularly all the commons and rares. Otherwise, too bad, you're going to get stuff you "don't want."
No you didnt get the whole thing that coins are the THING THAT MAKE LOOTBOXES BLANCHED. Also less dupes = per dupe more coins but the ratio for dupes and coins is broken.
the new dupe is fixed and fine. jeff said in the video that we get more coins for dupes
08/23/2017 12:23 AMPosted by Kurai

I think its possible to increase to rate of coins (even if its just the small coin amounts) to compensate for the lack of coins in duplicates. This is so noticeable because if you got dupes, 99% they were some icon or spray and you at least got coins out of them. Now you mostly get sprays and icons you probably don't really care about AND no coins to buy your favorite skins; you're completely at the whim of RNJesus. I'd gladly allow 1 of the 4 slots in a lootbox be a small coin chest even 20% of the time over a spray.
This event? this game is trash
If anything I've been getting more coins.
Last event, I managed to just get tons of Dupes to generate enough coin fast enough that eventually I would buy the Legendary 1k-3k skins/items that I had my eye on within a few days.

This Event, I've got the more skins! Some Legendary.. few more times overall than last event, but not enough dupes to generate coin to get the Legendary skins i wanted, Widow for example. I did get coin drops! but because it took longer without Dupes, i went for emotes/voicelines that i missed last year.

Hoping i would get the Widow skin from new Loot System, I waited it out, I've gotten plenty new items but not the Skin. Could I have saved up? Yes, i could have done that, it would of taken slightly longer (probably 2 weeks compared to 2 days).

That or I should of done more Daily Lucio Ball to get rewarded Lootboxes for more chances.

For Longtime players they will still get Dupes, and will have easier time getting tons of New Items every event, but for casual player base they will probably have to take more time playing to get the coin to buy what they want before event ends.

I honestly love the new system, i do miss the dupes but i will get them again when i play more, like the guy above said.

We all have to be more conservative on what you spend coin if you want that 3k Item.
Keep playing!