I'm going to Lose Competitive points when the season ends

Technical Support
I'm going to Lose Competitive points when the season ends because there's a max of 6000.

I currently have 2855 competitive. I'm going to get 3000 points when the season ends and then i will get 750 from Lucio ball. that'll max out my competitive points at 6605, so being that i can have a max of 6000 competitve points i'm going to lose 605 a the end of the season. Is there any way to avoid this loss of competitive points? I don't have time to win another 15 matches by the end of the season which ends in 4 days :/
I'm not entirely sure why blizzard feels the need to put a CP cap in the first place... what reason is there? It's not like hording a bunch of CP is going to cause a lack of supply when they decide to use them at all.. or that they are at fault for not using them at all... really what's the purpose?
I know right? I think they should completely do away with it, or at least make it so it can at least go over the cap with end of season rewards
The end-of-season rewards DO NOT count against the cap.

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20271526
08/24/2017 01:38 PMPosted by WyomingMyst
The end-of-season rewards DO NOT count against the cap.

It isn't 100% clear to me in that post. I'll still get my end of season rewards... that's clear, but it'll go OVER the 6000 cap as well, or just give me what it can?

I got hosed in an earlier season when I was playing with 6000cp and not even knowing it (they should really add a notification or something). Not sure if I just marginally missed the 6000 and got it a few games into the next season, or got capped and didn't even receive all my rewards to be honest.