Roadhog

General Discussion
08/20/2017 03:17 PMPosted by CoGLucifer
08/20/2017 03:00 PMPosted by MemeMaster
And then what? Hog mains are happy while everyone below Diamond isn't. I think new Hog is terrible, don't get me wrong, but reverting the nerf would put us right back to his borderline infuriating state back in April. The only thing we can hope for is that they completely rework him to be just as useful but significantly less aggravating to fight against.

God forbid, that low rank players have to improve, to overcome obstacles. The reason he's such a problem, in low ranks, is because thats where you get the most disjointed, recklessly aggressive play. Which is exactly what hog punishes.

Hes the gatekeeper, in a sense. You dont get past him, until youve learned to play defensively/cautiously

The one-shot wasn't his issue, actually. It's that he could melt tanks better than Reaper. I wanted a damage nerf, but not by this much. Just enough to one-shot anybody 200 HP or lower.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

You have 0 minutes with hog, this comp season. You have 4 minutes on him, in quickplay. Your hook accuracy is 28%, your k/d is 0.14, and that's against silvers.

Just what exactly do you think constitutes "good"?
GJ looking at stats well over a year old. I quit those modes for a reason. They are boring. If you want to see the real stats you have to look at my profile in-game.

So your argument is that roadhog is fine, because you do "good" with him, in arcade.

Well gee, i guess that settles it. Roadhog is fine and all those top 500s and pro players just need to learn from you.
And then what? Hog mains are happy while everyone below Diamond isn't. I think new Hog is terrible, don't get me wrong, but reverting the nerf would put us right back to his borderline infuriating state back in April. The only thing we can hope for is that they completely rework him to be just as useful but significantly less aggravating to fight against.

Maybe, just MAYBE you should improve at the game until he isn't so "aggravating" to fight against. You could say that about everything in Overwatch.

The hook combo is Roadhog and if that annoys you, then learn to play around it. Such as:

- It's 20 meter range
- Map knowledge
- Matchup Knowledge
- General awareness. E.g Cooldowns, positioning, compositions etc.

Nonsense.

"Git gud" is not a valid argument against players struggling against a 600 HP tank with self-sustain AND a one-shot. Old Roadhog in current Overwatch would be broken.

You're correct that the best way to deal with Hog is to avoid locations where his hook has easy access to you, but it doesn't justify him getting to delete you for messing it up.

New Hog is a step in the right direction.
Buff him, sure.

But reverting his nerf is plain stupid. It's just gonna take a step back and everyone complaining about Hog.
Rework him.
I miss the old hog, but I like the new one too. He's more fast-paced now and I actually prefer that. The changes coming to him in the PTR will be nice as well. He still has great potential to help his team and his hook does feel consistent thanks to 2.0 rework. It's not as rewarding as before because it's not a guaranteed kill, but it just makes him harder to master which is a good thing for a competitive game.

Labeling him as a Tank just creates more of a fog over his potential. Why can't tanks to damage? It's not against the law? Reinhardt has 1 hit kill potential too with his charge why aren't people complaining about that?

People just hate on him because they tie the "nerf" word to him now and that triggers people. It's the main reason I don't play Hog that much in Comp anymore. Picking that Hero stresses out my teammates so I pick something else instead to keep the mood positive.

This isn't a Hero problem, it's a community problem, and people like the OP are the cause...
and make Reaper useless again? no thanks. Maybe the hog players can just take their own advice and git gud? I've seen people destroy with new hog, you just can't play like a one-man army anymore.
i dont know why you think they owe you some kind of explanation lol

only issue i had with roadhog was the DISTANCE at which he could hook. I cant stand that nonsense. But there are way too many people here who need a real life check.
08/20/2017 03:53 PMPosted by turtlebomb
and make Reaper useless again? no thanks. Maybe the hog players can just take their own advice and git gud? I've seen people destroy with new hog, you just can't play like a one-man army anymore.

Hog isnt what made reaper useless. If he was, then why is reaper still at a 1% pickrate, at GM, despite the fact that hog is gone and Winston is everywhere?

I've seen junkrats, symmetras, and torbjorns destroy, in gold. It means nothing. Hog has a 0.85% pickrate, overall, and a 0.26% pickrate, at GM. His winrate is the lowest in the game. So yeah, useless.
08/20/2017 03:08 PMPosted by James520

Maybe, just MAYBE you should improve at the game until he isn't so "aggravating" to fight against. You could say that about everything in Overwatch.

The hook combo is Roadhog and if that annoys you, then learn to play around it. Such as:

- It's 20 meter range
- Map knowledge
- Matchup Knowledge

So when in a team fight, you're just suppose to hide and cower when you see a Roadhog?
08/20/2017 04:27 PMPosted by Kyoto
08/20/2017 03:08 PMPosted by James520

- It's 20 meter range
- Map knowledge
- Matchup Knowledge

So when in a team fight, you're just suppose to hide and cower when you see a Roadhog?

No use talking to them, they won't be happy till hes back to his bull!@#$ one shot ways.
08/20/2017 04:29 PMPosted by Matsy

No use talking to them, they won't be happy till hes back to his bull!@#$ one shot ways.

Man a Roadhog must've really had his way with you

I commend them

- It's 20 meter range
- Map knowledge
- Matchup Knowledge

No, youre supposed to outthink and outplay him.

Do you have movement abilities? Use them to bait the hook.
Are you good at mind-games/predicting and reading his LoS? Bait it with strafe.
Is he alone? Call for your team to gank him.
Is he focused on you? Bait him away from his team, for the gank. Or have your flanker pick the healer, while he's distracted, and then focus him down when he has no heals.
Do you have longer range than him (Hook is a projectile. Even though it can reach 20m, its grows harder to hit and easier to see coming)? Back up a bit, maybe grab cover, and wear him down from a distance. Force him to retreat and build your ult. Theres a 90% chance that it's better than his.
Mods editing titles, to make them less critical of blizzard
08/20/2017 03:53 PMPosted by turtlebomb

#I'm A 1-Man Apocalypse
08/20/2017 03:02 PMPosted by James520
then we should fight fire with fire and complain until he's reverted.

Now if that doesn't sound like logic from a 10 year old then I don't know what does. "lets all $#@!^ in till they bring back the one shot hook because we all don't know how to get kills without it"

I mean this is all I hear when I see post like this, revert Roadhog because we don't like him the way he is because we can't get #@!$^*%# hook kills anymore, even though before the nerf everyone complained about Roadhogs 1 hook combo before. Besides Roadhog can still one shot a good portion of the roster with the full hook combo, and if you have your team anywhere near you they'll probably see and hear you hook someone and help you finish them off. Also you guys do remember the overwatch team saying that they didn't intend Roadhog to turn out the way he did, they didn't want a beefy dps, he's in the tank category for a reason. I'm not saying he is good in his current state, but the ptr seems to be doing a good job with him and is going in the direction that blizz originally intended for him.

Now if someone can find a decent argument to this besides just saying "I'm retarded" , I know a lot of you are just getting into cursing behind your parents back while you're at middle school and have taken a liking to saying that phrase, just try to be a bit more creative. Also I'll know i'm right if all you guys do is thumb down this post as it shows that no one has a decent comeback and the only thing you guys can do is try to get this deleted so you can pretend you know how to balance a game.
08/20/2017 03:17 PMPosted by CoGLucifer

God forbid, that low rank players have to improve, to overcome obstacles. The reason he's such a problem, in low ranks, is because thats where you get the most disjointed, recklessly aggressive play. Which is exactly what hog punishes.

Hes the gatekeeper, in a sense. You dont get past him, until youve learned to play defensively/cautiously

This. Finally someone with a brain.

People in the lower ranks need to stop yoloing and start actually playing the game. "uhhh im genji-uhhh niceuhhh Lets go dragonblade aloneuhhh" They say weabing it up all day.
08/20/2017 03:36 PMPosted by MemeMaster

The one-shot wasn't his issue, actually. It's that he could melt tanks better than Reaper. I wanted a damage nerf, but not by this much. Just enough to one-shot anybody 200 HP or lower.
And 76 melts tanks better than Roadhog and Reaper ever could. Hog was run in the triple tank era due to his high burst damage and synergy with Ana. Soldier was the main muscle in triple tank because of his consistent, high damage (and spread that's favorable to taking out large targets), shield shredding ability, range, and synergy with Ana. In other words, all the tanks were run because Ana had a downright stupid healing rate, and was fully capable of taking care of herself when faced with flankers.
08/20/2017 04:29 PMPosted by Matsy

These are the people you thank for killing the enjoyment of Roadhog.
Yeah actually if you have the actual awareness to know when his hook is on cool down you can focus him with relative ease. You can bait it by dropping Reinhards shield or leave cover and rewind to avoid it.

There's tons of abilities that stop the hook combo getting any damage done and from the hook being able to attach at all. Of course that requires actual skill, not something the mentality of people like this posses.

He can still one shot but it was made inconsistent. Why? If they hate the ability that much then delete hook and therefore Roadhog rather than denying the abilities purpose. I want a revert because they didn't remove the combo, they just made it Inconsistent and unfun to play as Roadhog. It's the worst change in the game's history imo.
08/20/2017 05:01 PMPosted by TheBILGE
08/20/2017 03:02 PMPosted by James520
then we should fight fire with fire and complain until he's reverted.

Now if that doesn't sound like logic from a 10 year old then I don't know what does. "lets all $#@!^ in till they bring back the one shot hook because we all don't know how to get kills without it"

I mean this is all I hear when I see post like this, revert Roadhog because we don't like him the way he is because we can't get #@!$^*%# hook kills anymore, even though before the nerf everyone complained about Roadhogs 1 hook combo before. Besides Roadhog can still one shot a good portion of the roster with the full hook combo, and if you have your team anywhere near you they'll probably see and hear you hook someone and help you finish them off. Also you guys do remember the overwatch team saying that they didn't intend Roadhog to turn out the way he did, they didn't want a beefy dps, he's in the tank category for a reason. I'm not saying he is good in his current state, but the ptr seems to be doing a good job with him and is going in the direction that blizz originally intended for him.

Now if someone can find a decent argument to this besides just saying "I'm retarded" , I know a lot of you are just getting into cursing behind your parents back while you're at middle school and have taken a liking to saying that phrase, just try to be a bit more creative. Also I'll know i'm right if all you guys do is thumb down this post as it shows that no one has a decent comeback and the only thing you guys can do is try to get this deleted so you can pretend you know how to balance a game.

I don't decide what they listen to and change. If people's "Feeling" got him nerfed then that's irredeemably the worst way to balance a game. Using logic and statistics to highlight the flaws in their changes over time should send the message they made a huge error.

Oh and Calling me childish while you rant about hating the hook combo with no objective info to back it up isn't helping your case. I think you have issues if you get triggered by down votes.

That take a breather buff is bad because no longer does the hook combo punish players as hard for being in a bad spot but you can self heal to compensate for your own incompetence as Roadhog. Moving with the damage reduction while in bad spot has little to no risk.

I'm not going to support a buff that's going to be bad to play against and cause bad habits for both Roadhog and the opponent. It's a lose lose situation.