so pharah is balance now, hardly see anyone complain anymore

General Discussion

2 months ago every time i come to this forum i see pharah nerf thread everywhere, do people finally learn to counter her now

or its just they have found new target: genji
and forgot about pharah? since dev thinks pharah is fine, even pro said she underpowered???
Her flight time still needs to be reduced
09/05/2017 11:05 PMPosted by Zenkoast

Why is that?
Don't speak to soon.
Phara by herself is fine.

It is when people run a pharmacy that there is a problem.

I think it is more of a problem in mid-lower ranks when you have players that only "dps main" one hero and will NOT switch no matter what. (which is why I always say that the idea of a "main" anything in this game is a total delusion)

Dealing with a really good Pharmacy duo can require 2 or even 3 people to switch heroes. Like running a Zen with 2 hitscan.
They have a new bone. Once they will be tired to shout after junkrat and genji, the hound will come back to you, be patient ;)
I still think she needs to be fixed.

But it's apparent that Blizzard won't be doing anything seeing how they are buffing/nerfing every other hero that literally no one really complained about as much on here.

Like I never heard anyone say that Junkrat needed a buff.
People have found a new target.

Now it's Genji for whatever reason.

Don't worry though, the Pharah crying will start back up when new Mercy goes live.
09/05/2017 11:10 PMPosted by Trando

Why is that?

90% flight time making her untouchable to 75% of the cast while she shoots rockets that fly in a straight path that deal 120 damage

balanced
Either make her louder when she's flying or revert her splash damage buff.
Pharah is the reason i don't play anything but deathmatch. She needs nerf for sure.
she petty powerful on console, even grandmaster players have said shes a problem on console.
09/05/2017 11:46 PMPosted by Brootsbby
09/05/2017 11:10 PMPosted by Trando

Why is that?

90% flight time making her untouchable to 75% of the cast while she shoots rockets that fly in a straight path that deal 120 damage

balanced

Then nerf her damage?
She can spend all the time in the world in the air. Doesn't mean she will be doing anything.
See the funny thing is Pharah used to have reduced flight time. And she was crap. That's why it was buffed in the first place.
09/05/2017 11:04 PMPosted by fenix

2 months ago every time i come to this forum i see pharah nerf thread everywhere, do people finally learn to counter her now

or its just they have found new target: genji
and forgot about pharah? since dev thinks pharah is fine, even pro said she underpowered???

She was always fine, otherwise I see two forces at work

1 - as you said the forum is fickle and right now Genji is being debated

2 - FFA is changing attitudes since they are seeing Pharah's get shot down in that mode a lot - it is becoming more clear who can aim and who cannot and many are silently realizing they need to work on their aim
09/05/2017 11:59 PMPosted by NooneSpecial

balanced

Then nerf her damage?
She can spend all the time in the world in the air. Doesn't mean she will be doing anything.
See the funny thing is Pharah used to have reduced flight time. And she was crap. That's why it was buffed in the first place.

reverting the splash damage buff seems reasonable enough and maybe reduce the flight time to 80%

balanced

What exactly is "90% flight time"? That by itself doesn't make any sense. All you did was stick a percentage next to one of her abilities, can you give some context?

When I counted the roster, I counter 16/25 heroes that can effectively reach out and touch Pharah while in air. Using simple math, that's actually 16 heroes at 64% in her favor rather than 6 for 25% as you've stated. 6 heroes may "counter" her by your standards, but 16 can still inflict quite a bit of damage to her or force her to hide or reduce her effectiveness.

As for shooting rockets in a straight path. There are only 3 heroes who's primary fire doesn't fly in a linear path, I didn't realize that a linear flight path was unbalanced. But you're right, and while you add rocket arch to Pharah, why not add it to McCree, Soldier and Widow too? After all their bullets fly much faster than Pharah's rockets, it shouldn't affect it too much right?

As for the 120 damage per shot, I assume you're one of the ones that complain about no fall off at long range as well. I'm gonna give you an example from personal experience. At one point in a match tonight, from Point B on Defense on Volskaya, I had 2 direct hits and 3 splash damage shots connect with no kills as the other team was outside of the choke point. Now I'm not a bad Pharah player, but even I know that while her rockets can be a nuisance at long range, they're more intimidating than deadly. Her effective area is a medium range, putting her within killing distance of 18 heroes on the roster. I know this because I excel as well as die at medium range more than I do at long range.

Any other arguments?
people are to annoyed with junkrat and doomfist with the genji nerfs posts inbetween...

once that dies down it will be back to Pharah.

or when the mercy change comes in....
as you will have to kill Pharah twice because of the single rez or focus on the mercy first but then the Pharah is killing you during that time.

Good times coming for pharah bad times for everyone else.

giving her permaflight has been literally the only quality of life buff she has gotten since launch, they do not need to take that away now that so many pharah players have fallen in love with the character and her playstyle
They just changed the flavor of the month to genji
09/06/2017 12:07 AMPosted by Trando

balanced

What exactly is "90% flight time"? That by itself doesn't make any sense. All you did was stick a percentage next to one of her abilities, can you give some context?

When I counted the roster, I counter 16/25 heroes that can effectively reach out and touch Pharah while in air. Using simple math, that's actually 16 heroes at 64% in her favor rather than 6 for 25% as you've stated. 6 heroes may "counter" her by your standards, but 16 can still inflict quite a bit of damage to her or force her to hide or reduce her effectiveness.

As for shooting rockets in a straight path. There are only 3 heroes who's primary fire doesn't fly in a linear path, I didn't realize that a linear flight path was unbalanced. But you're right, and while you add rocket arch to Pharah, why not add it to McCree, Soldier and Widow too? After all their bullets fly much faster than Pharah's rockets, it shouldn't affect it too much right?

As for the 120 damage per shot, I assume you're one of the ones that complain about no fall off at long range as well. I'm gonna give you an example from personal experience. At one point in a match tonight, from Point B on Defense on Volskaya, I had 2 direct hits and 3 splash damage shots connect with no kills as the other team was outside of the choke point. Now I'm not a bad Pharah player, but even I know that while her rockets can be a nuisance at long range, they're more intimidating than deadly. Her effective area is a medium range, putting her within killing distance of 18 heroes on the roster. I know this because I excel as well as die at medium range more than I do at long range.

Any other arguments?

Heroes that can hit her consistently are:

McCree
Soldier
Bastion
Torb (Turret)
Widow
Ana
Zenyatta

So what this means is if you don't have one of these 7 heroes on your team and you're up against a Pharah someone on your team MUST swap to one of them. No other hero in the game can say that. Not a single hero is so OP and immune to so much damage that you MUST swap to one of seven heroes to counter them.

Now some heroes counter other 'easier' than some. Like Winston is a great counter to Widow of course. But is she so OP that you can't kill her with a Soldier or Mei? Nope they can do it too.

she's flying around all game. Which to some people probably sounds like "cool yah that's her thing". But nobody else can enjoy their defensive skills 90%+ of the time. Orisa doesn't get to sit in her defensive skill 90% of the time. Zarya's shields don't last 90% of the time. All these defensive skills only last a few seconds at most. So why does Pharah get to enjoy hers for 90%+ of her time out?

I think a simple fix is this: Her jump jets don't start cooldown till she hits the ground.

And i complained about her being permanently in the air cause only 7 heroes can do actual damage to her (with only 5 being actually relevant but that's another case for another time)