Should the next hero be Support??

General Discussion
I know most of us want a new healer, but do we need one or should we get another defense hero. Maybe one with a passive heal similar to a life steal. To help mitigate some damage and take the pressure off of slow healers.

If you agree I'd love to hear an idea for your defense hero.

If you disagree I'd love to hear your idea for another healer.

Off we go.
Highly Rated
Yes it should be support. We have enough DPS as is.
It better be another support, swear to god if we get another dps.
Gimme a support that can throw down healing wells.
Maybe allow it to synergize with Sombra.
08/20/2017 04:21 PMPosted by FormalSpy
Yes it should be support. We have enough DPS as is.

Not to put you on the spot but any thoughts on a healer build?
Vampire Defence hero with aoe heal.
Another Defense or Support/Defense hybrid is needed
08/20/2017 04:24 PMPosted by Shila
Vampire Defence hero with aoe heal.

That was my original line of thought, but maybe with a passive aoe that is dependent on damage done via the kit of the hero.
Defense first, then healer.
08/20/2017 04:24 PMPosted by GrizzledEngi

I'd really like to hear your idea for a defense support hybrid. That seems interesting.
The next four heroes should be tanks or healers.

Adding new DPS at this juncture would be an inexcusable error.
I would like to see a support along the lines of Symmetra's utility (ie. doesn't heal but is still a support.)

Some ideas:
*can construct "info" giving towers that either lets you know an enemy hero's position or the towers can boost your team's abilities (either an attack boost or a shield/armor boost"

*Ultis- could give a reaper like ability to everyone (they dish out damage and get stronger or heal through dishing out damage)
-could refresh everyone's ability cooldown immediately (ex. mei just cacooned, the support refreshes it, mei can cacoon immediately).

just some ideas but don't really want to see a healer, more so an actual supportive character.
08/20/2017 04:20 PMPosted by cookycook
I know most of us want a new healer, but do we need one or should we get another defense hero. Maybe one with a passive heal similar to a life steal. To help mitigate some damage and take the pressure off of slow healers.

Off we go.

It needs to be a FUN healer...
08/20/2017 04:26 PMPosted by cookycook
08/20/2017 04:24 PMPosted by GrizzledEngi

I'd really like to hear your idea for a defense support hybrid. That seems interesting.

My idea mainly consists of a Defense hero with the ability to lay down "healing stations", allows teammates a spot on the map to heal while it has health that the enemy can damage to kill it

I'm not too sure about exact kits, but ever since TF2, I have missed the dispenser and I think it could work well here
We only got 4 healers...in a game where you need either: A healer, A health pack that's scattered across the map and not where the fight typically is, or an ability that allows you to gain health through some means.
We NEED a healer. A defense Hero would have been nice...should have done that instead of 2 DPS. (Granted, it's really their fault for teasing BOTH of those said DPS for long periods of time...if they didn't give them to us I would have exploded.)
Besides the healers lack especially in the fun department when talking about a Main healer. How many times do you say "We need a healer" implying either a Mercy or an Ana and they pick Zen or Lucio even though YOU AND THEY KNOW that both of them can't heal your tanks up efficiently?
08/20/2017 04:27 PMPosted by Ardent
The next four heroes should be tanks or healers.

Adding new DPS at this juncture would be an inexcusable error.

I would like to know why you feel this way.
How about a healer that drops healthpacks and as you damage you build up resources needed for healthpack drops.
08/20/2017 04:31 PMPosted by Honchkrow
We only got 4 healers...in a game where you need either: A healer, A health pack that's scattered across the map and not where the fight typically is, or an ability that allows you to gain health through some means.
We NEED a healer. A defense Hero would have been nice...should have done that instead of 2 DPS. (Granted, it's really their fault for teasing BOTH of those said DPS for long periods of time...if they didn't give them to us I would have exploded.)
Besides the healers lack especially in the fun department when talking about a Main healer. How many times do you say "We need a healer" implying either a Mercy or an Ana and they pick Zen or Lucio even though YOU AND THEY KNOW that both of them can't heal your tanks up efficiently?

I can see your point but we can only use so many healers per group would. Are you mainly interested in just expanding the healer pool or would you be ok with an improvement on our current healers?
08/20/2017 04:28 PMPosted by Kyoto
08/20/2017 04:20 PMPosted by cookycook

Off we go.

It needs to be a FUN healer...

Whats your idea of a fun healer, to me Zenyatta is fun.