Matchmaking actually is disgusting right now.

Competitive Discussion
Just when I thought I couldn't be any more disappointed with the matching system.. well, it happened.

This game just doesn't like me, because there is no other way to explain the trash that I am matched with after a year of playing this game.

It's just plagued with leavers, selfish players and people who simply refuse to cooperate.

This is on ONE of my accounts. There is obviously a bias in the ranking system, because how can I be Diamond on one account, but can't play another out of bronze/silver, if I am the same player?

Explain that to me.

Blizz really needs to step it up, because I think this is all a big joke, and that Daddy Jeff is probably sitting behind his PC having a snide giggle about !@#$ing with millions of people who can't prove it.

Blizzard Edit: Calling out individual developers in a negative manner is against our forum guidelines. Doing this willresult in a temporary suspension of forum posting privileges. Please focus on discussion of the feedback/suggestion if you post future threads. Thank you.
As always, link all mentioned accounts or we simply have to assume you are lying. It's not like I know you irl and can trust you.
Three accounts myself, all at three different levels haha. High Diamond, Plat, and Gold. I think if MMR was seen, people would have a better understanding of what is going on.
09/06/2017 07:13 AMPosted by RixiRooTM
Just when I thought I couldn't be any more disappointed with the matching system.. well, it happened.

This game just doesn't like me, because there is no other way to explain the trash that I am matched with after a year of playing this game.

It's just plagued with leavers, selfish players and people who simply refuse to cooperate.

This is on ONE of my accounts. There is obviously a bias in the ranking system, because how can I be Diamond on one account, but can't play another out of bronze/silver, if I am the same player?

Explain that to me.

Blizz really needs to step it up, because I think this is all a big joke, and that Daddy Jeff is probably sitting behind his PC having a snide giggle about !@#$ing with millions of people who can't prove it.

you are right. last few seasons i was always grouped with some very bad players/leavers. I ended up very long losing streak. I quit the competitive games last season playing only quick game. This season i tried the positioning game - surprisingly I matched very good teammates, I carried most of the games and end up 10-0 winning streak. However, still in silver. When I do quick game I always match with high gold/low plat players, that is where I truly belong to I think.

It is true that the matchmaker system trying to do something letting you want to "hard reset" your account (buying another copy). I will never do this. If I cannot find the fun of the game i will quit. I have money, I have passion, I would buy the skins if I really like them. But I will never support this kind of commercial behavior.
I have a smurf in diamond though is like saying my Uncle works for Nintendo, lol. (I have a smurf in diamond btw)
And even if you had two accounts which such big differences it probably means the one with less playtime got placed incorrectly and if you play it more it will get closer to your other one.
Each season should reset your standings in my personal belief. If you played at a high level, you should be rewarded a high level. If you start to suck, then you should def be bumped down, but you should not force people that did well in placements to be stuck in low rankings because of a previous seasons. Even people with bad credit are allowed to climb faster then this system haha.
If you're diamond you're NOT stuck in silver. Fact. You're lying. If you're not you would have made the post on the diamond account.
Yeah, something is weird. I feel like I'm on a forced losing streak right now. After I real quick climb, I lost about 400 SR in a losing streak. My performance is pretty consistent throughout this season. The only thing that changes are the players I'm matched with.
Yeah terrible games, get stomped or stomp. Forced lose streaks too.
I am sorry but I have to agree with prophet on this one. You can't be stuck in silver if you are a diamond player. Unless your diamond ranked account's rank is seriously inflated and you are in reality a gold player.

I believe you can be stuck in silver if you are a gold player, but anyone that is 2 ranks or higher can't be stuck in any rank.
You probably want to edit specific dev names out of your post before this gets locked.
09/06/2017 11:33 AMPosted by Dira
I am sorry but I have to agree with prophet on this one. You can't be stuck in silver if you are a diamond player. Unless your diamond ranked account's rank is seriously inflated and you are in reality a gold player.

I believe you can be stuck in silver if you are a gold player, but anyone that is 2 ranks or higher can't be stuck in any rank.

This is your answer

/end thread
09/06/2017 07:13 AMPosted by RixiRooTM

Explain that to me.

dude. if you're actually diamond on one account (which u most likely aren't) you don't belong there. bronze is so easy to win games in, it's unreal.
Did anyone experiment like I did and inspect your teammates and enemies old season ranks during this season placements? All players were at your last season rank on placement matches. The game puts you automatically about where you were previously already from placement game nr1, no matter if you evolved from that or not.

Create a smurf with less hidden data on it and suddenly you see a far more diverse list of players in placements.
Wins is actually = Team that tilts the less on the tilt meter.

Thats is why it is either you get stomped or stomp.There are rarely any close games.
09/06/2017 07:17 AMPosted by heracles
Three accounts myself, all at three different levels haha. High Diamond, Plat, and Gold.

Absolutely same.
It's early in the season here is what is happening in no particular order.

1: A lot of people are just playing smurf accounts so you got actually diamond plus players on gold accounts.

2: You got people that deranked from diamond intentionally regrinding their way back up in easy matches for themselves

3: There are a lot of rusty people that haven't done comp in a month or so who until they shake the rust off are basically dead weight.

Basically dont expect good balanced games especiallyin KOTH till about week 3 or 4. Last season was the same deal where KOTH was either win or lose 3-0 via curb stomps.

Be patient you should climb more easily when stuff sorts out.

BTW no legit diamond players are stuck in silver. The skill disparity between diamond and silver is quite wide. At most you can be underranked maybe a tier but that is about it.
Hey OP, I am in the same boat.

Is there a chance your stuck account has been reported a lot of times over the year?
09/06/2017 12:32 PMPosted by tacobellftw
BTW no legit diamond players are stuck in silver. The skill disparity between diamond and silver is quite wide. At most you can be underranked maybe a tier but that is about it.

No, legit players who can afford to play 200+ matches to get back to appropriate rank. We who play like 50 matches a season, no way.
It is the same thing in most games with "ladder". Just spam enough games and you get there eventually. Playing 200 games of Atlas got me back to Masters where i was their last season too. But really, who has time to do ladder on multiple games requiring this amount of matches to move anywhere. Theres just no way if you have a life other than overwatch lol.

With these ladder games with hidden stat pullups its just pick one you want to rank with and dont even attempt others.
My play is very consistent and I maxed out around 2750. I'm currently on some kind of forced losing streak and down to 2425. What's more likely that my skill has deteriorated that much in two weeks? Or that the system is flawed?