Hit Register getting worse by the patch

General Discussion
Highly Rated
Widow big time misses
Honzo
Mcree
doomfists ghost punches now

I play a game and when I see that widow is constantly not registering shots makes me just stop trying, as the servers are working against you. No point in try hard when blizzard cant keep the system running good,

every patch that is half-completed but still released. This coupled with the throwers, leavers and just the Overwhelming amount of Toxicity.

This game just isn't fun anymore, sad I spent over 300 on loot crates but wont spend a dime anymore on a game that keeps getting worse by the patch.

NOW I cant even pla ywidow as people auto report you for playing her no matter the stats. and well it has been proven that there is an auto ban system in place for so many reports,

This game should be played the way I want as it is something I PAYED for, buy now cant because of reprecautions of playing the toons that aren't META.

I am 40 yrs of age and I have been playing blizzard games since lost Vikings and I can tell you that blizzard always released polished products and worried about their community, Now its all about the Dollar and it shows with every passing patch,

Take care ovrwatch as I follow along with the SOOOO many E-sports teams that just completely left the Overwatch scene.

Take care community hope it all gets better for yas, yas deserve better then what they giving you.
Just came here and saw this thread after I finished a game where we lost at the end because I had back to back hit registration failures with Hanzo on a pharah ult. They need to fix this already it is so bad right now especially with characters that rely on single shot attacks they become impossible to play consistently.
Yeah they messed something up really bad with this patch for a lot of heroes.

edit: Referring to hit registration only, this time.
My friends thought I was making up stuff for "missing" (they dont play hitscans or slow proj) , but I'm happy other people figured out the same.
It's not just "some" sparkles that don't register as damage, it's multiple ones one after another. It was frequent with Hanzo but now Hitscans are also having the issue.

Did they drop the servers tickrate back to 20 without telling us? (That was what we had at the beginning of Overwatch) It's supposed to be 64 ticks right now, which I feel is low from a CS:GO perspective where I was playing on 128 ticks.

Even Roadhog's hooks are affected by this. I had 2 hooks that connected, stopped the character for a split of a second and got disconnected even though the person I hooked was out in the open with no obstacle.

I hope blizzard sees this...

Note : I refer to "sparkle" as the animation it does when your bullet / arrow impacts the enemy's body
Yea they don't seem to wanna fix the hit registration, you don't know how many times I hit head shots or shot a genji or tracer and they didn't register causing my death
I am not sure what's happening but it is weird. I got hooked by Roadhog earlier as Mercy but I had fallen off the ledge I was on to the lower level. The hook came out and curved down to grab me, pulled me so my hero's head hit the ledge and disconnected.

I've noticed a lot more fps dips as well especially on new Chateau map - Reaper death blossoms in the wine cellar and the whole map lags a bit. Since patch things seem bizarre.
I'm actually really happy this thread was created. I thought I was going nuts when I would play McCree and have a hit register, but no damage. This normally only happened with Hanzo from my experience, but now it's happening with my boy McCree and it's just so disheartening
Yeah, I've noticed this too. I even did the Zarya/Ana headshot only bot thing just to fresh up and I can hear the crit strike sound go, but nothing registers.
09/02/2017 09:26 AMPosted by Apollo
Yea they don't seem to wanna fix the hit registration, you don't know how many times I hit head shots or shot a genji or tracer and they didn't register causing my death

That's another issue! That's why I specified slow projectiles but I should have mentionned single shot characters are affected the most.

Possibly some tracer / soldier and genji hits dont register when they burst because you dont see all the ammo impacts. But it is much less forgiving on characters like Hanzo, Mccree and Widowmaker not to be able to hit a crucial shot because the server didn't register it.

Imagine hitting that ONE headshot you needed to finish of tracer, you see the impact, you're 20 hp and the shot didn't register. It is much easier for tracer to finish you off then for you to hit that 2nd headshot on her tiny critbox.

If we talk competitively, Blizzard, this is completely unacceptable. That crucial shot that could save a game with 0.01 meter on a payload in a 1v1 situation didn't connect. It is very specific but the same thing could cause a team to push to the next checkpoint because of that same reason

**Please take the time to upvote op, it's super important**
I've been seeing this as widow; multiple headshots in a row just not connecting. it's pissing me off, since you really need to be on point with widow.
yeah I've noticed this with both Hanzo and McCree, McCree especially when I flashbang someone and line up the headshot it misses even tho it should hit and my connection aint the problem either its fairly good most of the time
I've experienced the no-reg for about 6 months give or take. Especially noticeable on projectiles. Last time I played (maybe a week ago) I didn't actually notice any of this bs, but I'm not counting out that I could've just been lucky that day - because I know just how real and infuriating the no-reg bug can be. It was impossible to play.

That said, I noticed on Reddit some people feel it's better, like me, and others worse. So I don't know if Blizz somehow "fixed" the issue but created new ones instead.
Question, is hit registration something that only affects PC due to the aiming differences of console, or does Console have hit reg problems too?
09/02/2017 10:05 AMPosted by Xcelllence
Question, is hit registration something that only affects PC due to the aiming differences of console, or does Console have hit reg problems too?

I play on console and this is an issue
09/02/2017 10:15 AMPosted by Darkseid
09/02/2017 10:05 AMPosted by Xcelllence

I play on console and this is an issue
Oh ok, I thought i'd been experiencing this too, but I wasn't sure what it was called. And I didn't want to seem like a complainer.
I also play console and I'm glad I had seen a thread about this issue before otherwise I would have thought im going crazy.

Widow clearly not registering some shots, easy to tell since enemy wasn't even moving.

I also did notice it on soldier, as well as genj. Haven't played macree lately but with this issue I don't really want to TBH.

Really hope they will fix this asap.
Thank god someone is addressing this finally. There have been so many games where I have been playing widowmaker and I shoot someone several times and literally no damage from them. I hit them in the head and next thing i know they are running around with full health still, or I shoot them in the body and they still run around with full health. My last game i shot at a ulting pharah and damn i hit her and expected her to die since it was a headshot, and the shot went right through her with no damage. My internet has not been an issue and i have good fps, so it was like what is with these servers.
I've had hit reg issues for months now hand in hand maining Hanzo makes it really hard.

I also noticed a pattern where my latency spikes a bit every 4 or so seconds and if I shoot at that second the hit is always no reg. However I am 4000kms away from the closest server to me sooo
isn't there also a common hack that messes with hit registry? Like where one shot registers twice or doesn't register at all?
ahhhhh, i thought it was my internet...