☃️[MEI] How should they buff Mei?

General Discussion
sym only has a high win rate cause if people do well with her they wont switch, but if they die, they switch off. And once they win, it counts towards sym winning, even though they switched. Samething with Torb.

Mei just needs a buff, or a new ability, right now she doesnt do anything useful.
09/05/2017 11:59 PMPosted by Hecatomb
sym only has a high win rate cause if people do well with her they wont switch, but if they die, they switch off. And once they win, it counts towards sym winning, even though they switched. Samething with Torb.

Mei just needs a buff, or a new ability, right now she doesnt do anything useful.
That's what I'm saying.
09/05/2017 11:53 PMPosted by XodiaK
The three heroes in question do have low pick rates in comp, but sym and torb have way higher win rates, despite not being picked. Mei however does not have the higher winrate.

This is because she has been neglected by the developers. She is not the same type of hero that sym and Torbjorn are. Bastion maybe, but not Mei.

With lower picked heroes, you have to factor in sample size as part of the equation. In truth, not much can be gleaned from the data presented. If we take 250,000 (a number I recently came across hypothesizing the player base) players and factor in a .81% pick rate, it comes out to a little more than 2000 players picking Mei in comp, lets compare that to 31,950 players picking Mercy. The sample sizes are much more conducive to acquire accurate data to purport claims of balance or imbalance. Sym and Torb are the same way, being picked infrequently with high win rates gives the illusion that they are strong heroes, but their pick rates are not able to back these claims up.

Again, the reason Mei is picked so little is not because she's under powered, it's because she's a niche and strategic pick, much like Sombra and Torbjorn and Sym are.

As far as neglect goes, she received a significant buff to her ult only a few months ago that has made her that much more effective. Her ult encompasses the biggest area out of any hero with no radial falloff and instant response time after deployment. Much like most any other ult in the game, if timed properly it can be a game changer or it can fizzle out.

The Dev's have access to much more data than we do in regards to heroes and kits, they clearly don't see any issue with Mei at the moment.
I say change Icicle all together, instead working like a handgun. Make it more 3 shot burst.
09/06/2017 12:19 AMPosted by Trando
Again, the reason Mei is picked so little is not because she's under powered, it's because she's a niche and strategic pick, much like Sombra and Torbjorn and Sym are.
Again, this isn't correct, they aren't the same. You've never even touched Mei in your entire Overwatch career, what makes you think you know the character inside and out, if you've never seen the 'inside'?

As far as neglect goes, she received a significant buff to her ult only a few months ago that has made her that much more effective.
She got an ult charge nerf right after that. In fact, every hero did, but she got a second ult charge nerf consecutively.

Her ult encompasses the biggest area out of any hero with no radial falloff and instant response time after deployment.
Absolutely incorrect. It's a 10 meter radius, and self destruct has 20 meters(granted with "radial falloff"). Instant response time? Is that a joke? It's one of the most delayed ults in the game, and there's a bug that makes it even more delayed. It's only been useful for stalling, which isn't what it's made for.
4/5 of the heroes can get out of her ult, unharmed, with ease.
09/05/2017 11:49 PMPosted by Trando
Thanks to the miraculous invention of online play, I have the ability to play with very talented individuals who are well versed in many styles of play. And being able to coordinate with these individuals in a team game allows me to witness first hand how certain heroes mesh together, giving me insight to how these heroes work. So while you are correct that I do not play as Mei, that does not disqualify my from giving a grounded analysis based on experience playing with and against heroes including Mei.

And while I one trick one of "hardest counters", I also find myself getting killed quite often by her as well. Her icicle shot is deadly. But I assume you know this with over 88 hours of play time on her?
If she has the lowest pickrate of any hero, then I find it hard to believe you play with and against Mei players "quite often". I find it easier to believe that your being dishonest because you have nothing of value to add to this discussion.

09/05/2017 11:49 PMPosted by Trando
I can compare them, because they are all strategic heroes that depend of team coordination and strategy to be utilized properly. Individually they are pretty under powered, but if a team can incorporate them properly they become very strong.

This is totally wrong. You can't compare heroes like Torb, sym, and Sombra, who are extremely situational, to a hero like Mei, who used to be considered the best hero for solo-queue carrying, and was also considered overpowered at one point really early on. It's asinine. She used to dominate.
Edit:When she was considered overpowered, they nerfed her. And then, after the nerf, is when she was considered the best for solo-queue carrying.

Her kit is perfect for playing the objective, and keeping it. She's currently unable to to her job, because she was "left behind" by the devs when they started adding new heroes, and when they decided they wanted to start buffing, nerfing, reworking, and changing already somewhat viable heroes. Her ult is a joke, she is unable to counter those she's supposed to, and she is being neglected by the devs. All a buff would do is bring her up to the rest of the cast's level. It wouldn't make her overpowered or anything, it would make her viable. I have a feeling you understand this, and you're just one of those people that hate Mei with no rhyme or reason, and just want to keep her and her players down. You're clearly not discussing in good faith.
I wish mei could get another ability. Maybe an extra tall single block wall that she can use to get to higher places.
09/05/2017 11:03 PMPosted by Sweyn
1. Make the primary fire hitscan
2. Increase healing of Iceblock so it brings her to full health on full duration
3. Iceblock recharges her weapon
4. Reduce Damage Falloff on secondary fire

That's it.

This. Exactly this. It's perfect. This is what Blizzard should do.
The only thing it's missing is Ultimate changes.
Like, lower the cast-time a little, and make it freeze faster than her gun,
or disable escape abilities when inside the radius.
09/05/2017 11:03 PMPosted by Sweyn
1. Make the primary fire hitscan
2. Increase healing of Iceblock so it brings her to full health on full duration
3. Iceblock recharges her weapon
4. Reduce Damage Falloff on secondary fire

That's it.
1. Yes. This alone could make her better against mobile heroes.
2. Maybe. Don't forget that there are healers in this game.
3. Yes, but her weapons should recharge slowly just like her healing. Otherwise would players use her ability for quick reloading.
4. I agree they should reduce it. Mei is a close ranger fighter. A duelist. She should have some falloff damage. Mei used to have no falloff damage and she became a better McCree and somewhat a sniper.
there's another thread going on about this right now

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20758668647?page=1
All heroes ultimately serve the purpose of getting kills or preventing kills.

Mei isn't good enough at either.
She can't freeze any good offensive Hero but solider and she can't freeze any good tank but Road Hog ...... all others have tolls to move out or escape if they start to slow down ......what she needs is her alternative fire reworked ......I like to see her get another abuilty like to shoot a ice ball that can slow movement and firing rate on impact ...... or just freeze someone for like 2 seconds ....
And possibly change her firing rate on her Ice dart so she can keep up with the now faster meta
09/06/2017 06:47 AMPosted by DarkDraw
She can't freeze any good offensive Hero but solider and she can't freeze any good tank but Road Hog ...... all others have tolls to move out or escape if they start to slow down ......what she needs is her alternative fire reworked ......I like to see her get another abuilty like to shoot a ice ball that can slow movement and firing rate on impact ...... or just freeze someone for like 2 seconds ....
And possibly change her firing rate on her Ice dart so she can keep up with the now faster meta

Actually, that kinda makes me wonder what would happen if Mei could freeze through shields, and possibly have it so Zarya bubbles don't cure freeze.
i think the ult needs a faster freeze, maybe no longer requiring LOS. also somehow people get unfrozen for no reason sometimes.

remove freeze from primary and replace with slow which affects movement speed( horizontal AND vertical, no more jumping), turning speed, fire rate, reload speed, ability speed (including abilities like winstons jump or genjis dash), basically everything that includes movement. needs to ramp up, obviously, lingers for short time.
higher primary damage
remove damage fall off from secondary
Buff her freeze and give her reload on cryofreeze.
She doesn't need a buff. If anything, she needs a nerf. Take the damage off of the endothermic blaster. Icicles should be her only DPS output.
Remove fall-off damage from her projectile.

Make her regular attack also "snare" enemies upon hit, building up to the eventual freeze (so she's actually viable against mobile heroes, like she's supposed to be).

Ice block removes debuffs.
Give her 50+ hp.
Currently she struggles very hard to do her job with all those Junkrat grenades flying everywhere.

She was stronger against dive, now in this Junkrat infested meta, she is unplayable as anytime you try to freeze something you get killed by the Junkrat since her range is so small and her hp is so low for a 10 yard character.

She is forced to stand at long distances now and snipe enemies with her icicles, but since barriers and tanks has been buffed so much, her low dps contributes nothing if there's a tank with a barrier that is protected by a junkrat.

The Junkrat buff has totally killed what little useability Mei had left, and that was close to zero before.
Expect her pick rate to drop way below Bastion and any other character in the game as Mei mains stop playing her due to how well Junkrat counters her.

For those "#¤% who think Mei is fine.
"#¤% PLAY HER YOU "#¤%! DO 20 Hours in competitive with her, i "#¤% dare you!
If you think she is fine your "#¤% delusional or simply arrogant enough to express your opinion about a hero you never play.
09/06/2017 07:26 AMPosted by DoctorEss
She doesn't need a buff. If anything, she needs a nerf. Take the damage off of the endothermic blaster. Icicles should be her only DPS output.
If you do that, you'll have to completely remove all damage falloff she has. Not reduce, remove. And probably increase damage as well.
09/06/2017 06:31 AMPosted by GreyFalcon
All heroes ultimately serve the purpose of getting kills or preventing kills.

Mei isn't good enough at either.

Nailed it.